July 19th, 2018 70 comments

Brand New Doctor Who Series 11 Trailer

• Haza14

July 19th, 2018 - 9:46pm

You can tell that from a 40 second trailer? You could have said Matt Smith lacked gravitas from first impressions. Yet he most certainly had his moments and they made more of an impact because it was rare and unexpected. I don’t think they could really have gone with another solemn Doctor after Peter Capaldi (as great as he was!) as it’s obvious the causal viewer (and a great deal of fans) wanted a change! I can’t wait to see Jodie get real! I’ve you’ve any doubt she can do the serious stuff, just check out her back catalogue!

July 19th, 2018 - 9:43pm

It’s how it is when most doctors take over, I felt the same about matt Smith when David left

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

July 19th, 2018 - 9:42pm

Really? Where have you heard this?

I have a few thoughts on the Daleks in series 11. Now, the last time we had a Dalek story was at the beginning of series 9. Since then we’ve had a small cameo in ‘The Pilot’ and Rusty in ‘Twice Upon a Time’ but I’m not really counting those. So it has actually been *some* time since the last proper Dalek story.

That being said, if the Daleks return in series 12 rather than series 11 then it’ll probably have a bigger impact. Important question here though: is there any truth in the rumour that Daleks have to appear at least once per year?

• the ergon

July 19th, 2018 - 9:38pm

You can say that again, give them a few seasons off.

• the ergon

July 19th, 2018 - 9:37pm

If you can,t get your head round her don,t bother. Come back when shes got that first season under her belt. Mccoy was the one i had problems with and i barely saw any of his on original transmission, i just found it difficult to accept this spoon playing buffoon. years later and much reassessment later i learned to really like him more as the doctor when he got ‘darker in those later stories’, that doesn,t mean i don,t still have difficulty with his first season though even now.

• Gordon

July 19th, 2018 - 9:34pm

Good but brief. Apparently No Daleks apparently in season 11 too which I’m extremely happy with. Breath of fresh air

July 19th, 2018 - 9:32pm

We need to see more evidence of any element of threat conveying that those involved as “custodians” of Who really do know what their doing whatever misgivings we may have about this right now.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

July 19th, 2018 - 9:26pm

It’s good that they’re keeping their cards close to their chest, as it means it’s less likely things will be spoilt. In series 9, the return of Gallifrey was spoilt. In series 10, the return of John Simm’s Master and the Mondasian Cybermen should’ve been kept secret. However, there’s nothing like a good old monster reveal to build up excitement.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

July 19th, 2018 - 9:22pm

Awesome! I agree with the people below saying that it would’ve been nice to see a monster or two, but I very much like what I’ve seen so far. I’m also really happy about the “new worlds” part – I was slightly concerned they were just going to be on Earth in different time periods for the whole series. OK, yes, that did work well in Jon Pertwee’s era before someone points that out but it’s still nice to know she’ll be taking her new companions (or friends as they’re apparently called now) to other planets. 🙂

• the ergon

July 19th, 2018 - 9:18pm

This team are deinitely keeping their cards to their chest

• the ergon

July 19th, 2018 - 9:12pm

I don,t know whether you,ve seen any of her previous work but jodie is a very good actress, whether or not she,ll appeal with her interpretation time will tell but from what i,ve seen so far the outlook is promising.

July 19th, 2018 - 9:10pm

Dalek Bumps you sumed it up perfectly.

July 19th, 2018 - 9:09pm

It doesn’t feel right, Jodie as the Doctor! I know I know…..give it time.

• THE ERGON

July 19th, 2018 - 9:03pm

Was that ‘the presidio park Base barracks’ in San Francisco they were running through? Looks and sounds great. more alien reveals next Time please.

• Dalek Bumps

July 19th, 2018 - 9:02pm

Looks like it’s filmed and directed well. But, I still can’t help feeling this is a more light weight Doctor lacking the gravitas the central character really needs to be.

July 19th, 2018 - 9:01pm

Take the series 10 trailer for example, revealing too much is when they revealed John Simm and the Mondasian Cybermen. Not revealing too much was the inclusion of the emoji bots, heather, space zombies, the visit to mars and the frost fair. This just gave us a flavour of what to expect of what was to come. This trailer gave away nothing. Is that beach supposed to be another planet? The whole trailer looked like a fan made thing

July 19th, 2018 - 8:55pm

they could have showed some better shots of the new “worlds” perhaps ones that dont look like deserts

• Judooning

July 19th, 2018 - 8:53pm

One thing that does make me giggle is that people are always angry when trailers reveal too much.
    This trailer reveals very little and people are angry about it…

• the ergon

July 19th, 2018 - 8:48pm

Looks and sounds great, its just a shame it didn,t reveal as much as i,d liked. Maybe when it gets nearer the air date then

• Judooning

July 19th, 2018 - 8:44pm

Hopefully just me. However the visuals look superb! Hey weren’t kidding when they said they were going for a more cinematic tone.

• T.A

July 19th, 2018 - 8:44pm

Same, I was a bit disappointed of this trailer, I know there trying to keep everything locked down, but maybe they can give us a hint of something to come. Hopefully we get something better in the future.

• R1ch1e

July 19th, 2018 - 8:42pm

Going to be honest, I wanted to see more Monsters and Aliens and I’m not to fussed about the first Poster. But I do like the trailer and I think Jodie will be great. I still think the Beeb are keeping their cards close to their chest

• Tyler Prescott

July 19th, 2018 - 8:38pm

I think they just still don’t want to give too much away. They don’t want to show which monsters will be in Series 11, so they can’t really be in the trailer.

July 19th, 2018 - 8:38pm

Urgh not even a hint of any monsters or creatures. ‘New doctor gets new companions and visits different planets and time periods’ yes we know all this show us something we don’t know. There’s nothing distinguishable from this trailer. There’s keeping people guessing and then there’s providing nothing at all. I mean none of the companions even opened their mouths. Literally a waste of time waiting for that does anyone know when the next trailers likely going to drop? Looks like we’ve got the long slog now for even a tiny tidbit of information

• Tyler Prescott

July 19th, 2018 - 8:37pm

Okay… I love it!

• Judooning

July 19th, 2018 - 8:37pm

I really don’t wanna say this as I’ve been hyping myself up for this series. But was Jodies acting, at least in the clips from this trailer…not that good?

• whovian

July 19th, 2018 - 8:33pm

In all fairness, they can’t reveal too much as we’re still 3 months away from a release date. I have watched it twice with my mate. I liked what was shown, he’s still not sure

• DannyTheNerd

July 19th, 2018 - 8:27pm

EXCITED!

July 19th, 2018 - 8:27pm

still not impressed its lacking that “alien” feel

July 19th, 2018 - 8:27pm

still not that impressed, its lacking that “alien’ feel to be honest