Confirmed for 2013: Cybermen and Stellar Cast

Confirmed for 2013: Cybermen and Stellar Cast

From the official site…

The Doctor will come face-to-face with some old enemies…

We can confirm that the Cybermen will be menacing the universe once again when Doctor Who returns for a run of eight epic episode in spring, 2013.The iconic enemies will feature in an adventure directed by Stephen Woolfenden and written by the acclaimed Neil Gaiman whose previous episode was the Hugo Award-winning, The Doctor’s Wife.

Starring Matt Smith as the Doctor and Jenna-Louise Coleman as the new companion, the episode co-stars Warwick Davis (Life’s Too Short and Harry Potter), Tamzin Outhwaite (EastEnders and Hotel Babylon) and Jason Watkins (Being Human and Lark Rise to Candleford) as a band of misfits on a mysterious planet…

Steven Moffat, Lead Writer and Executive Producer, told us, ‘Cybermen were always the monsters that scared me the most! Not just because they were an awesome military force, but because sometimes they could be sleek and silver and right behind you without you even knowing. ’ He added, ‘And with one of the all-time classic monsters returning, and a script from one of our finest novelists, it’s no surprise we have attracted such stellar names as Tamzin, Jason and Warwick.’

You can check out Cyber-galleries and enjoy clips from Cyberman stories in their very own Cyber-section or revisit Neil Gaiman’s previous Doctor Who adventure by watching interviews with the writer and clips from The Doctor’s Wife.

The Cybermen last appeared in 2011’s Closing Time but debuted in 1966 opposite William Hartnell’s Doctor in the classic The Tenth Planet. Over the years they have proven constant in their attempts to terrorise the Time Lord, invade our planet and destroy humanity… Secrecy surrounds all future adventures but we can’t wait to find out more about the Cybermen’s latest deadly gambit!

Doctor Who returns on December 25th for the Christmas Special and is back for a run of eight episodes in spring, 2013.

Last updated: November 7th, 2012 | 144 comments

144 Responses to :
Confirmed for 2013: Cybermen and Stellar Cast

1 2

1. Posted by: doctorwhoone Reply

November 19th, 2012 - 8:00am

Did anyone else read in yesterdays Sunday edition of the Sun newspaper a little article about a Doctor Who Script ?.

It said that a University Student called Hannah Durham was in a Taxi with out with friends, and she accidentally found a copy of Neil Gaiman’s new Cyberman story, which is said to be called ‘The Last Cyberman’. She didn’t read it offcourse [knowing me, I would have had a quick peek of the first page or two] and handed it into the BBC so Neil himself is relieved. Should teach him a lesson to be careful when handling scripts in future.

• Posted by: Esterath

November 19th, 2012 - 8:17am

I saw that two weeks ago.

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 19th, 2012 - 8:51am

Well the Sun only printed it yesterday so for any fan’s who did only read it in yesterdays Sun it would be new to most of us.

Where did you learn it from ? was it online ?.

2. Posted by: the new evil snowmen Reply

November 17th, 2012 - 12:05pm

these new episodes sound intresting

3. Posted by: Dara Reply

November 16th, 2012 - 12:30am

Moffat – getting rid of more stuff from the RTD Era, monsters in classic hardly chamber in 25 years and Moffat has changed everything about dr who in 2 years :( WHY?

• Posted by: Esterath

November 16th, 2012 - 8:13am

I don’t think so. RTD era was so camp, Moff made it good again!

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 16th, 2012 - 10:26am

RTD era was not camp. Ok so we had a gay companion in Doctor Who for once with Captain Jack Harkness for the very first time in the shows history, and then 2 years later the shows first ever black skinned companion with Martha Jones [or maybe that should be Mickey Smith ?], but camp Russell’s era of Doctor Who most certainly was not.

If anything, we should all be bloody grateful to Russell T. Davies, cos without him, Doctor Who would probably not be on our TV screens today.

He came up with an excellent back story with the Time War to help introduce the Doctor to a new audience, and created some memorable new evils in the show [Slitheen, Sycorax, Judoon etc].

• Posted by: Esterath

November 16th, 2012 - 3:22pm

The Time Lords should not have killed. Full STOP. Big mistake, I love RTD dearly for bringing back DW, but that decision was stupid.

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 16th, 2012 - 3:38pm

In fairness to Russell, the Time Lords where not exactly what I would have called a big feature in the Doctors past. They only made several appearances in the classic series, and I doubt they are that missed by that many fan’s.

The Time Lords preferred to be in the background when it came to the Doctors life during the classic series, since they strongly believed in non-interference in the affairs of other races, they only appeared unless there was a reason for them appearing, like when that Time Lord brought the Doctor to Skaro to give the Doctor his mission in Genesis of the Daleks, or when they captured him in the Trial of a Time lord.

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 16th, 2012 - 3:41pm

Oh the other hand, you say that it was stupid to kill off the Time Lords, but like I said, Russell created the Time War as a back story to help introduce a new audience to the character who may have never actually seen classic stories considering the show had been off for 16 years.

If you was Russell, what would you have done then to introduce the Doctor without killing them off ?.

4. Posted by: dr who 1999 Reply

November 14th, 2012 - 8:11pm

they look half tomb half cybus cybermen

5. Posted by: The Cyber Squirrel Reply

November 14th, 2012 - 8:04pm

I hate the new design cybermen they dont look as menaceing in my opinion

• Posted by: Esterath

November 14th, 2012 - 8:18pm

Really? The Cybusmen weren’t threatening, I mean the Cybermen are supposed to be sneaky and creep up behind you, then they STOMP up to you. You’d just run away. But the new ones are silent, they can sneak behind you easily!

• Posted by: The Cyber Squirrel

November 14th, 2012 - 8:58pm

we don’t know that the new ones are silent we haven’t see any video or sound clips

• Posted by: Esterath

November 14th, 2012 - 9:25pm

‘They’re walking softly, slowly, and quietly, like the Hartnell/Troughton era Cybermen’ and ‘Cybermen creep towards Clara’.

• Posted by: Mr Evil Fez

November 15th, 2012 - 6:37am

These Cybermen are pretty sinister!

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 16th, 2012 - 10:31am

I’m not entirely keen on the new look 2013 Cybermen, but I welcome there new design, since the 2006 version is getting on a bit.

It’s been 2 years now thou since the 2010 Paradigm Daleks where introduced, and many fan’s have said that the Cybermen surely would need a upgrade too due to Steven Moffats changes his made to the series since 2010, and now it’s happened so why complain.

Doctor Who after all, as Matt Smith himself has said in afew interviews, is about change, renewal and regeneration for the show, and that’s what keeps it fresh and alive.

Don’t like change in Doctor Who ?, simply – STOP WATCHING :P

6. Posted by: McGann is the Doctor Reply

November 12th, 2012 - 10:09am

Great news they finally got the things redesigned, that 2006 design has been done to death, good as it was.

I will try and avoid spoilery pictures of the new Cybermen for as long as I can ;)

• Posted by: doctor who 19

November 13th, 2012 - 6:47pm

can some one put a link on of the new cybermen

• Posted by: Tardis’nt

November 13th, 2012 - 6:54pm

booboo posted one further down.

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 13th, 2012 - 7:44pm

Pictures can be found on Google. Type in –

Cybermen 2013.

• Posted by: I

November 14th, 2012 - 12:36pm

NEW CYBERMEN ARE AMAZING GETTING 10 FIGURES OF THESE IF THEY COME OUTTTT

• Posted by: Tardis’nt

November 14th, 2012 - 3:35pm

they won’t be 5″ though, so i won’t be getting them, unless these are oneof the apparent “surprises”

7. Posted by: gallopingdalek Reply

November 12th, 2012 - 12:50am

i saw pics of new cybermen they’re awesome

8. Posted by: Chris Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 10:34pm

Well a good DVD shop will do it for 2/3 quid. But if it’s a bad scratch it’s not 100% fixed.

9. Posted by: Esterath Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 10:07pm

How? I need the Green Death and The Talons of Weng-Chiang fixed.

10. Posted by: Chris Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 9:54pm

Well if a disc scratches you can fix it by getting it resurfaced

11. Posted by: Steampunk Doctor Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 5:47pm

Good Luck to Colin in the jungle tonight ! I got much faith in him XD

• Posted by: doctor who 19

November 13th, 2012 - 6:49pm

i agree you go colin

12. Posted by: Esterath Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 12:36pm

My Cyberman redesign picture is up!

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 11th, 2012 - 4:44pm

Is it on Deviant Art ?. If it is then please do let me know so I can look it up :)

• Posted by: Esterath

November 11th, 2012 - 5:44pm

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 12th, 2012 - 8:15am

What’s it called exactly ? otherwise I won’t know what one to look for.

• Posted by: Emperor Omega

November 13th, 2012 - 12:54am

Just do what I did; just type in Cyberman & click on the “Newest” setting on the side. You’ll know it when you’ll see it.

• Posted by: John Smith

November 13th, 2012 - 5:41am

I’m pretty sure that I found your drawing. IT WAS AWESOME! Really detailed!

• Posted by: Esterath

November 13th, 2012 - 9:43am

What was it called? Just so I know you were looking at the right one! Lol!

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 13th, 2012 - 3:32pm

Esterath – I only asked cos there are all kinds of uploads that appear after I type either ‘Cyberman’ or ‘Cybermen’.

Emperor Omega – Cheers dude ;)

13. Posted by: DarkKnightDalek Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 9:17am

I think the new Cybermen look ok. They are not the best BUT they do look like the classic cybermen a bit thats why i am ok with this design it’s nice to have a change becuase it does get boring most of the time.I like the new CM more than the silly looking teletubbies Daleks

14. Posted by: A Mad in a Blue Old Wooden Box Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 8:37am

THIS WAS MY REACTION WHEN I SAW THE NEW DESIGN!!!!

░░░░░░░░░░░▓███████▓░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓░░░░░░░ ░░░░░▒██▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓██▒░░░░ ░░░░██▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓██░░░ ░░░██▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▒░░░░██░░ ░░█▓▓▓░▓██▒░░░░░▒█▓▒▒██▓░░░██░ ░██▓▓░░▓███░░░░▒█░░░░███▓░░░█▓ ▒█░█░░░░░░█▓░░░▓▓░░░░░░░█░░░▒█ ██░▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▒░░░▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░█ ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ ██░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░█ ░█▒░░███████████████████▓░░░▒█ ░▓█░░▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▓▓█▓░░░█▓ ░░██░░▓█▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓██░░░██░ ░░░██░░▓██▓▓█▓░░░░░░▒██▒░░██░░ ░░░░██▓░░▓██▓░░░░░▒▓▓▓░░▓██

• Posted by: doctorwhoone

November 11th, 2012 - 9:16am

:D

• Posted by: Mr Evil Fez

November 11th, 2012 - 2:00pm

That’s cool!

• Posted by: John Smith

November 13th, 2012 - 5:42am

How in the hell did you do that?!

15. Posted by: Anonymous Reply

November 11th, 2012 - 8:25am

The New Designs are EPIC! They should of been in A Good Man Goes to War and Closing Time expect those older designs.

• Posted by: The supreme

November 11th, 2012 - 9:24am

i agreee :)

16. Posted by: The Supreme Dalek Reply

November 10th, 2012 - 11:08pm

What? I must be losing my mind! People seriously prefer this, new Cyberman design? Ugh, I must say, it’s not terrible, I like it, but I expected something more. And I feel as if suddenly the Cybus ones are suddenly underrated. :|

• Posted by: Esterath

November 10th, 2012 - 11:20pm

The Cybusmen are terrible.

• Posted by: Anonymous

November 11th, 2012 - 8:33am

Yeah I agree with you Esterath The Cybusmen was Terrible but then in Series 6 they were Mondas but the same as the stupid cybus ones I wish that we had this new design in AGMGTW and CT it would of been alot better and The Cybusmen were last time we saw them in Series 5

• Posted by: That Whovian over there

November 11th, 2012 - 8:51am

The Cybermen seen in TPO were not Cybus ones, they were Mondasian. If I’m right, they were meant to be redesigned but there wasn’t enough money to do so. :)

I do agree with Esterath though. The Cybusmen were absolutely awful – especially that stomping noise they made ;)

• Posted by: Anonymous

November 11th, 2012 - 9:45am

Oh right because in TPO the Cybermens Chest set had that Cybus Logo on it I thought that was the last time we saw them but it was TND

• Posted by: The Supreme Dalek

November 11th, 2012 - 2:18pm

The cybusmen were awesome! At least better than the Classics, especially that weird looking one that look as if its head was wrapped with tissues. :lol:

• Posted by: That Whovian over there

November 11th, 2012 - 3:20pm

I assume you’re talking about The Tenth Planet Cybermen…?

I must disagree though. The Cybusmen were far too robotic. There wasn’t really a sense that they were once like us. :)

• Posted by: Esterath

November 11th, 2012 - 5:32pm

The classic Cybermen were the best!!!! I LOVED the Tenth Planet ones. So chilling!

• Posted by: The Supreme Dalek

November 11th, 2012 - 10:04pm

Lol, we all disagree with each other. :lol:

Don’t get me wrong though, I think these new designs are great, but I’m terrible with new stuff. I usually hate them at the beginning.

My favourite design is one that I can’t remember the name! It could have been the Earthshock Cybermen, will look it up at some point to check it out. :)

17. Posted by: jaketorwho Reply

November 10th, 2012 - 9:55pm

The new cybermen design – my thoughts

My first reaction – ok, I like the head sculpt but not the body

My reaction now – I like the head sculpt and hands, and back. Just not to keen on the chest plate.

• Posted by: Esterath

November 10th, 2012 - 11:07pm

I think the chestplate contains a hidden weapon like the Invasion and the Wheel in Space Cybermen had.

• Posted by: Dalek Sec

November 11th, 2012 - 7:44am

I agree, I think the new designs are awesome, but the chest plates are a bit small.

1 2