May 21st, 2019 40 comments

Judoon To Return in Doctor Who Series 12

When Jodie Whittaker returns to Doctor Who next series, the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends won’t be the only familiar faces.

The show, currently filming, is set to welcome back The Judoon as one of the Doctor’s fearsome adversaries.

More than twelve years after they stampeded onto screens to terrorise the Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones on the moon in 2007’s Smith and Jones, the rhino-headed, brutish intergalactic police are returning to cause havoc and thrill children and adults alike.

These ruthless enforcers are on a deadly mission: But what for? And why has it brought them to present-day Gloucester?

The episode will also star acclaimed actor Neil Stuke. Neil has an established career on stage, television and films, and is a two times Bafta nominee. Neil’s recent credits include Doctor Foster, Silk and Silent Witness.

Chris Chibnall, Showrunner says: “No! Sho! Blo! The Judoon are storming back into Doctor Who in full force, and the streets of Gloucester aren’t safe. If anyone has anything to hide, confess now. The Judoon are taking no prisoners, and will stop at nothing to fulfil their mission! The whole team on Doctor Who are delighted and scared in equal measure to welcome them back: One of many treats we’ve got in store for viewers next series. And we’re over the moon (with Judoon), to be welcoming the wondrous Neil Stuke as guest star. We can’t wait to show you what happens when his path crosses with the Thirteenth Doctor.”

The eleventh series of Doctor Who was the biggest series of the show in over a decade with an average audience of 8.6m viewers in the 28 days following broadcast, across all available devices.

The twelfth series of Doctor Who is currently in production. Doctor Who is a BBC Studios production for BBC One and a BBC America co-production.

photo credit James Pardon

August 13th, 2019 - 8:51pm

There are stories of ructions behind the scenes at the BBC in online chatter but I don’t think we should get into the specifics that here unless and until it becomes official.

• lorraine

August 13th, 2019 - 1:29pm

Chibnall and Whittaker have been an utter disaster. Only series I have not bought and only series I have watched only once with complete horror at the destruction of a once much loved show.

I do not know if I have the “guts” to sit through 12 but the loss of me will not make much difference however most people I know feel the same.

I really hope series 12 shows a brilliant improvement but as the show runner and the lead actress have just not “got it” thus far I will not hold my breath. For those of you that do not seem worried about this I hope the series works for you and perhaps a miracle will happen to bring us fans all back together.

• Daniel

August 9th, 2019 - 1:34pm

I was never a fan of the Judoon. The costumes themselves are fantastic. However, I find the tendency of the revived series to anthropomorphize terrestrial animals as a way of inventing aliens lacks imagination. Mind you, since they are based on rhinos, which are mammals, nobody should mind them having hair. 😉

That still shot itself looks cool and makes me look forward to the coming season.

August 5th, 2019 - 5:41pm

There’s one thing as a unrepentant Whittaker/Chibnall sceptic that’s doing the rumour mill again for series 12 that IF true and done right has me full of potentially eager anticipation:

Sea Devils,Sea Devils and MORE Sea Devils!

July 31st, 2019 - 10:00pm

Okay then

• Bonnie Kelvin

July 29th, 2019 - 8:29pm

I am Jodie’s no 1 fan

• Bonnie Kelvin

July 29th, 2019 - 8:28pm

Jodie is honestly the best doctor! I don’t know what everyone is complaining about! I have already been called the doctor who lass at school! I have loved every single thing Jodie’s been in but I think Doctor Who is a best Triumph. The best thing about Doctor Who know is that she makes me laugh. Julie is also my celeb crush and I would give anything to meet her! I think maybe Julie should meet Freddie Mercury because I am Queen’s biggest fan! #ILoveJodie! #YouGoGirl #BestDoctor

July 14th, 2019 - 2:54pm

Thank you tomorrow Monday 22 doctor who Jodie Whittaker13 next end doctor who new next doctor kris Marshall 14
    Time end time doctor who kris Marshall next time doctor who kris Marshall tomorrow Tuesday 23
    Doctor who 2020

July 14th, 2019 - 2:44pm

tomorrow Monday 15 doctor who kris Marshall 14 doctor new next doctor Jodie Whittaker ends doctor who kris Marshall one Jodie Whittaker ends time tomorrow Tuesday 16 new next doctor who kris Marshall next new doctor who kris Marshall tomorrow
    Stephen simcock.
    End.
    The end Jodie Whittaker

• The ergon

July 14th, 2019 - 11:21am

And also Cybermen (My Favourites) and in the 19th century with Mary Shelley which inspires him to write Frankenstein. Sounds really Dark and Gothic. Sounds good