May 20th, 2017 40 comments

Series 10 Episode 7 The Pyramid At The End Of The World Sat 27th May 7.45pm

The Pyramid At The End Of The World. Written by Peter Harness and Steven Moffat, and directed by Daniel Nettheim.

A 5,000 year-old Pyramid stands at the centre of a war zone, where the Chinese, Russian and American armies are about to clash. There are many problems with that, but the one that intrigues the Doctor is this: there wasn’t a pyramid there yesterday.

The Doctor, Bill and Nardole face an alien invasion unlike any other, and before conquest can begin, these aliens need the consent of the human race…

The Doctor is played by Peter Capaldi, Bill by Pearl Mackie and Nardole by Matt Lucas.

• r1ch1e

May 22nd, 2017 - 7:44pm

Does anybody know what would happen to Saturdays episode should the FA cup final go to extra time? Would be cancelled or shown later?

• Jordan Scott

May 22nd, 2017 - 3:18pm

That would be cool

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 22nd, 2017 - 7:14am

*was just

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 22nd, 2017 - 7:13am

Oh, I thought it was fantastic. I just offering a third option other than loving it or hating it. 🙂

• The Outcast

May 22nd, 2017 - 3:37am

Next year is the soft reboot and I honestly can’t wait. Series 10 is good and all for the most part, but I’m really excited for the next era.

• The Outcast

May 22nd, 2017 - 3:35am

Well, I’d prefer the Daleks to be reduced to a cameo this year if it means we don’t get another Magicians Apprentice/Witches Familiar.

• The Outcast

May 22nd, 2017 - 3:29am

I agree with Temporal. I thought it was alright. It was sort of a updated ‘Android Invasion’.

• Oliver Smith

May 22nd, 2017 - 12:44am

Tim M, brilliant input of humor there, gave me a good laugh.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 21st, 2017 - 11:02pm

Maybe you just thought it was alright and nothing special? But yes, I hope the full story will clear things up for you.

• Jordan Scott

May 21st, 2017 - 10:50pm

I really cannot decide whether I loved the last episode or hated it, I’ve never felt like that about an episode before. I’m hoping once the three parter is done it will all fit together and my mind will be clear!

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 21st, 2017 - 9:34pm

Hmm. Well, I guess it’s possible.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 21st, 2017 - 9:30pm

I didn’t actually mind the two plots going alongside each other much (they were kinda linked anyway), but your explanation is fantastic! 🙂

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 21st, 2017 - 9:28pm

That’d be awesome. Enough said.

• Plunk

May 21st, 2017 - 9:09pm

Yeah temporal jelly fish I’m scrubbing my mackerel with you and saying missy is before sir Derek and it was the 12 th doctor that gave him the fob watch and left him.

May 21st, 2017 - 8:53pm

I like it when someone else wants better, it is refreshing, well said Jordan.

• The Dalek Whovian

May 21st, 2017 - 8:47pm

Please please please can the “Demon” behind all this be Sutek the Destroyer?

• Tim M

May 21st, 2017 - 8:16pm

What makes it slow, and it’s something that Moffat seems unable to see, is that when a story jumps back and forth, and seemingly two stories are being told in between each other, it knocks the stuffing out of the pace of the main piece. It’s like having adverts inserted, and the pace of the story is abruptly halted, just as you’re getting gripped by what you’re watching. Moffat seems mostly unable to tell a story with a beginning, middle and end. Or at the very least, not in that particular order. Imagine Moffat laying on a 3 course meal for friends…He’d probably start with dessert, followed by soup, to be eaten with knife and fork! The main course would be last, and even then he won’t have all the ingredients. Because the eggs he wants, have to be laid by the hen that hasn’t even been born yet! 🙂

• doctor who fan 11

May 21st, 2017 - 4:38pm

or missy could revisit some of the old favourites. As there was talk of the doctor regenerating back into matt smith (wont happen) so maybe moffat does it for missys exit

• Run you clever boy

May 21st, 2017 - 2:29pm

Loads of people are saying extremis was dull and slow, but what do you expect its a three parter, extremis is setting up the three parter it cant all be action, its the same with two parters the first is slow but it picks up, in the second, so just give it time I personally loved Extremis its was really clever.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 21st, 2017 - 1:18pm

But we have seen Derek Jacobi’s Master regenerate into John Simm’s Master (in Utopia), so that wouldn’t quite work. You’re right though – we don’t know for certain that Missy comes after John Simm and playing around with that is something I can imagine Moffat doing.

• Doctor you

May 21st, 2017 - 12:12pm

What if missy regenerates into the john simm master, we never, at least from my knowledge, are told that the master regenerates into missy.

• Muzwaz

May 21st, 2017 - 11:04am

Series 10 not too bad yet but I fear something missing the daleks have a small mention we need a little more and what about sea creatures that terrified us years ago we had a very short clip of them a few series ago

• Tim M

May 20th, 2017 - 10:48pm

Of course, if the next two episodes don’t gel into one whole. In other words, makes some sort of sense, then I won’t be impressed. It wouldn’t be the first time a Moffat script has left me feeling miffed and confused, as well as bemused. I have no doubt that Moffat is a great writer, one of the very best for Doctor Who in fact. But his best scripts in my opinion, were written when someone else was the show runner. RTD was able to separate his fan part of his brain, from his telling a decent story for Saturday night TV brain. Moffat’s brain is mostly in the dark excess of the fan brain and gene, and not for Saturday night TV. However, fine for Sunday nights…with something like ‘Sherlock’.

• Stop that TARDIS

May 20th, 2017 - 10:33pm

I don’t really like Moffat, but wasn’t bad, enjoyed series 10 so far (except the pilot) and the Keats enjoyable ones have been his. I didn’t mind last week and look forward to Calpadi’s last ones. Glad they had the Missy parts as it made sense in the end and a good way not o complicated it. This is of course my opinion and everybody else is free to share theres 🙂

• Tim M

May 20th, 2017 - 10:30pm

‘Extremis’ does appear to be the first of a three part story. So I wouldn’t write off tonight’s episode just yet. I enjoyed it though, and look forward to seeing how the sinister creepy villains play out.

• r1ch1e

May 20th, 2017 - 10:07pm

That’s a real shame! 🙁

• Jordan Scott

May 20th, 2017 - 8:57pm

I’m just sick at this point, I hope that it’ll be good but Moffat has let me down on every other one of my hopes so I’m not expecting much. I haven’t genuinely loved and been surprised by Doctor Who since The Day of the Doctor, this episode has brought that to my attention.

• r1ch1e

May 20th, 2017 - 8:54pm

This looks like another INCREDIBLE episode

• Clive tyldsley

May 20th, 2017 - 8:44pm

Yeah extremis took the fun out of the bill,doctor partnership that had been building and I don’t really care what happens next with this story, shame it’s a three parter

• D0CT0R WH0

May 20th, 2017 - 8:38pm

I’m not really looking forward to this one because it might be as boring as extremis.