The Official Doctor Who Convention Cardiff 2012

The OFFICIAL Doctor Who Convention is finally here!

From www.dwconvention.com. You can also keep up to date via their twitter page.

The Official Doctor Who Convention is the ultimate event for Doctor Who enthusiasts. With unparalleled access to the cast and crew, this event offers fans a one-off chance to immerse themselves behind the scenes of the world’s longest running sci-fi show.

No other Doctor Who event gets you closer. Delve, as never before, into the creative minds behind the hit TV show, with unique opportunities to witness experts demonstrate how the special effects and prosthetics have created some of the iconic scenes and characters. Interactive panel discussions with cast and crew, photo and autograph sessions and a show case of official costumes and props, will give every true fan the chance to celebrate and share their passion for all things Doctor Who.

Already confirmed are Matt Smith and Steven Moffat, with more special guests to be announced in the coming weeks!

Your ticket includes:

Interactive Q&A panel discussions with the cast and crew
Prosthetics & special effects demonstrations
Official props and costumes displays
Official merchandise & collectables

The Official Doctor Who Convention is a one day Convention, whereby the programme of events are the same for Saturday and Sunday. Visitors are therefore encouraged to choose which day they would like to attend.

Autograph and photo opportunities with the main cast members will be available as an upgrade option on a first come first served basis.

Tickets are strictly limited to this brand new event and include unique Official Doctor Who Convention 2012 merchandise – check out the TICKET INFO page for details and to book your tickets today.

The Time Lord awaits!

69 Responses to :
The Official Doctor Who Convention Cardiff 2012

1 2

1. Posted by: Anonymous Reply

November 24th, 2012 - 10:40pm

I went to this convention and, though expensive, it was fantastic. I went with family and coming from Leeds, it was quite a long journey. Then the hotel price on top for the weekend made the trip quite the expense but it was definitely worth it. The autograph my daughter got was good and she has it treasured along with them picture, with which Arthur was very nice. The conferences were interesting and my 12 year old daughter wanted to go to them all. We went to the Tardis tour as well and it was fun going around and playing with the console. My daughter had to miss out on a concert which she was looking forward to but she says she was glad she chose this option.

2. Posted by: JAMESMCDONALD Reply

June 26th, 2012 - 11:56pm

hey i like an odrsions for doctor who i look like chirspoter ellcetsions

3. Posted by: A fan from France Reply

April 8th, 2012 - 7:51pm

I just wanted to know if it was difficult to buy a tickt for the convention? :)
    and do you think the conference will be there in 2013?
    thanks for your answer !

• Posted by: Liz

April 25th, 2012 - 7:54am

It wasn’t difficult to get a ticket if you had £99 and a computer with Internet access plus extra £20s for photographs and autographs.
      There will be a purpose-built building to host the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff Bay from this Summer2012. It’s supposed to be fab.

As for a convention…. Official or unofficial? Matt Smith is at the 11th hour in Birmingham later this year at an unofficial event. I’m sure there will be lots more. As for official, the BBC are yet to announce as the Ponds have left and fans have to start liking Jasmine.

It would be good to have a 50th anniversary do but it’s early days

4. Posted by: Liz Reply

March 25th, 2012 - 11:55am

Attended the convention yesterday and it was absolutely fantastic! Very well organised with minimal waiting times and no stress. Everybody was helpful and friendly (cast and crew) and the fans were really cool too. Doctor Whi fans are pleasant and civilised. Lived the photo -autograph opportunities, especially the script given to us. And a DVD was added to the welcome bag. My son and I had the best time ever and have a lot of photos to remember it by

• Posted by: booboo

March 25th, 2012 - 11:56am

sound great, do you have any photos you want to send in?

• Posted by: Liz

March 26th, 2012 - 6:01pm

Yes I took loads. Will post some when I work out how to do it :)

• Posted by: Liz

March 26th, 2012 - 9:35pm

Err… how do you send in photos??

• Posted by: booboo

March 26th, 2012 - 9:37pm

• Posted by: Liz

April 1st, 2012 - 12:11pm

Look up ‘Birdwarcherize’ channel or Flickr

• Posted by: Liz

April 1st, 2012 - 12:11pm

Birdwatcherize on YouTube

5. Posted by: TARDISkey123 Reply

March 20th, 2012 - 8:20pm

Never met any of the crew in person, they were filming in my area, but wheb I went to see they were packing up (I had to make do with what my family had seen and the pics they had taken), been a huge fan for use collect nearly everything, barly get the chance to go to places like this (the furthest in my life I’ve ever gone is to London – from Wales) I ask if I can go, I can (luckily) come here to book tickets and its £99.00… Each. That, the trip to Cardiff, price with friends and family would clear out about £5.00 or so out of me. Dreams and excitement have gone in a puff. Thanks BBC! Guess I’ll just have to wait for luck to come my way!

6. Posted by: CthuLew Reply

March 13th, 2012 - 5:29pm

C’mon guys, quit complaining about how much your kids are going to cry and how the “disgusting” price will break their little hearts. If you can’t you, you can’t go. There’s plenty of more child-friendly unofficial conventions that are cheaper, the BBC won’t drop the price just because you guys don’t like it. I’m going, i saved up, i can’t wait. /Rant.

7. Posted by: Gail Cooke Reply

March 10th, 2012 - 7:32pm

It’s crazy expensive..Cons here (Canada) don’t run that expensive per day. I would have arranged my flight to the UK differently to attend had it not been ridiculously priced.

Gail

8. Posted by: hannah franklin-matt smiths wife! Reply

March 4th, 2012 - 3:50pm

i sooooooooooooooo badly want to go but its way too much and my family cannot afford it if there was a way i would do anything! xx <3<3<3

9. Posted by: Nicolaa Reply

March 4th, 2012 - 12:18am

Do you have to be 16 or over to go or not??

• Posted by: Liz

March 7th, 2012 - 3:45pm

No but it is aimed more at adults.

• Posted by: TARDISkey123

March 20th, 2012 - 8:13pm

No any age, its Doctor Who!

1 2