November 29th, 2016 41 comments

The Return of Doctor Mysterio 5.45pm Christmas Day

This Christmas sees The Doctor join forces with a masked Superhero for an epic New York adventure.

With brain-swapping aliens poised to attack, the Doctor and Nardole link up with an investigative reporter and a mysterious figure known only as The Ghost.

Can the Doctor save Manhattan? And what will be revealed when we see behind the mask?

mis-jpgl

• BobTheUncle

December 22nd, 2016 - 4:52pm

You mean you actually want to watch this?

• Tim M

December 18th, 2016 - 2:23pm

The foes look similar to those seen in the hospital in ‘The Power of Three’.

• Tim M

December 18th, 2016 - 11:55am

Only one week to go until Doctor Who…and something else called Christmas or something? 🙂

• TheClassicsAreAce

December 17th, 2016 - 6:48pm

Opinions are opinions, but when I want to watch Doctor Who I usually get a DVD from the shelf, I quite liked Series 8 and the first half of Series 9, but the second half of the latter disappointed me. I know I should watch it really but from the trailers I’ve seen it doesn’t look that great.

• D0ct0r wh0

December 14th, 2016 - 5:31pm

By the way I don’t mean the trailer above, I mean the episode trailer with footage from it.

• D0ct0r wh0

December 14th, 2016 - 5:29pm

After watching that trailer I now know that this episode will be Christmassy. Watching the clip made me think is this just a Christmas special but with no Christmas in it but the trailer shows the Christmas stuff in it so that’s good.

• Galaxy

December 14th, 2016 - 6:12am

I am still going to watch it, but after seeing the trailer, it just doesnt scream doctor who….. its more like a trailer for an american series, like a pilot episode.

I dont see the poing of having the female character, let alone Nardole, i feel it could have introduced Bill into the series.

I did like Husbands of River Song last year, but this, i dont know. Like i say, it just isnt saying Doctor Who Christmas special to me.

On the plus side, at least it looks a lot better than the abismal Doctor, Widow and the Wardrobe though.

• Doctor Who Archive

8. The Snowmen 6/10
    9. The Time of the Doctor 5.5/10
    10. A Christmas Carol (APPALLING) 1/10
    11. The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe (SO BAD!) .5/10

• Doctor Who Archive

December 12th, 2016 - 9:28am

Apparently The Doctor accidentally gives him super-powers. Perhaps he’s experimenting on the top of someone’s house (based on a promo) and it accidentally malfunctions and gives the super-hero (Grant Gordon, or, ‘The Ghost’) powers.

December 11th, 2016 - 1:48pm

Moffat teases about the villains “theyve been around before, and quite recently. And there’s a sinister plan afoot to conquer earth.” In the radio times. I’ve seen a lot of people with scars on their faces in the trailers. Maybe it’s the race from husband’s of river song with scars on their faces.

• D0ctor Wh0

December 10th, 2016 - 8:43pm

Yeah I think this might be peter capaldi’s best Christmas special yet.