July 23rd, 2017 143 comments

This Christmas – Twice Upon a Time Trailer / Screenshots

• The Outcast

July 24th, 2017 - 8:23am

I agree, I love this trailer. I love all the stuff set in the Tenth Planet. I’m also glad Bill is back, I hated her last ending (where she left with Heather), hopefully she’ll get an ending that isn’t a rehash of Clara’s this time.

Also, apparently Mark is playing Hitler.

July 24th, 2017 - 6:46am

At last a xmas episode worth watching? Looks good and I hope it is the send of the great Capaldi deserves.

July 24th, 2017 - 6:44am

Why indeed?

• Bushboy

July 24th, 2017 - 6:35am

Awsome Trailer. I have so many mixed feelings for Doctor Who right now.
    So excited for the Christmas Special and so anxious about Series 11. I really hope that Chris Chibnal and Jodie Whittaker can pull one out of the bag and convince me that she really is my Doctor. After all a cosmos without The Doctor scarcely bares thinking about.

• Neal T

July 24th, 2017 - 5:10am

This so makes up for all the media rubbish of the last week! Doctor Who showing the fans united not split by press sensationalism!! The future is bright and looks a fitting end to the Capaldi era.

• the ergon

July 24th, 2017 - 1:27am

Probably the start of his regeneration from the tenth planet before that meeting with the 12th doctor. A missing scene we never saw perhaps.

• Mr. J

July 24th, 2017 - 1:27am

I also hope it’s extended longer than the usual 1 hour special! Would love to see it be 75 mins. like Day of the Doctor and Deep Breath!

• Mr. J

July 24th, 2017 - 1:25am

Wow!! Just wow! I just hope Twice Upon a Time is as good as this trailer would suggest!! Absolutely love the title!! Fingers crossed this will be a magical farewell to Peter and Steven!! What I hope? I hope it’s Christmassy, I hope it’s sad, I hope it’s exciting, I hope it’s not confusing or “clever”, I hope Clara shows up and I hope the regeneration has me in tears!!

• the ergon

July 24th, 2017 - 1:21am

Thats a point. And a bit ‘ the War Games’. Mark Gatiss does like his victorian/ georgian dress up. He has that look for that particular era. The picture of the doctor with polly might be those missing scenes from The tenth planet and more to bring those final scenes full circle. Looks perfectly reconstructed using hartnells face from that story to blend into colour to david bradleys adventure with peter capaldis for their final swansongs.2 regenerations for the price of one. Well it is christmas. And a new doctor to boot. Can,t wait.

July 24th, 2017 - 12:45am

why has the first doctor got the fourth doctors sonic screwdriver in his hand in that screenshot of him and the chain?

• Borg

July 24th, 2017 - 12:45am

Is it…. Hitler!?

• Sam Robinson

July 24th, 2017 - 12:07am

Maybe he is regenerating into Patrick Troughton again.

• Sam Robinson

July 24th, 2017 - 12:04am

That would be a great way to round everything off the brigadier there to way the doctor off.

• Harold Saxon

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:49pm

Will be very exciting ! I read it was meant to be called ‘The Doctors’ ? I like that title better?

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:43pm

Oh that’s actually quite a good theory, puts a dampener on my head canon that Bill is dead and floating around the afterlife and not actually a puddle creature

• T.A

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:25pm

His regenerating.

• whovian

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:21pm

Oh wow. Ive now watched it 4 times in a row and its not getting boring at all! And Twice Upon A Time is a better title than The Doctors. David Bradley has won me over as the Doctor, the original you might say, and so happy that the brilliant Pearl Mackie is back as Bill! Please let her be with the Doctor in 2018’s series 11, please!!!!!!!!

One thing though, who in the heck is Mark Gatiss playing? The Brigadier?

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:20pm

I have a feeling that it could be the Brig’s father.

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:19pm

Ok but why is the first doctor glowing in the picture with Polly

• Doctor you

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:00pm

I think like heather bill left the doctor her tears when she cried on him, so if he cries she can find him

• Jordan Scott

July 23rd, 2017 - 11:00pm

This looks absolutely superb!

• Tom

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:47pm

Just watched this trailer for the forthcoming Xmas Special. This looks as if the 12th doctor’a final adventure will be a good send off for him. David Bradley does an excellent take of the 1st doctor.Not surprised to see that Mark Gatiss has turned up starring in this episode. I thought it would be more than Likely after his excellent contribution with the dramatic behind the scenes origins of the story of the making of Doctor Who and how William Hartnell portrayed the 1st doctor in An adventure in Space and Time.Also Bill appearing means that all the loose ends of the story arcs of the series 10 and the era of the 12 doctor will now have been resolved and will now come to a satisfying conclusion. Peter Capaldi can now leave and hand over the keys of the Tardis to Jodie Whittaker knowing that his swansong will be one to remember.

• The Living Shadow

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:46pm

Nice to see Gatiss back (is this the 3rd time now?). I kind of want to see Gatiss meet every Doctor in some way from now on! It seems like he could playing the Brigadier from this the looks of this trailer. Not too sure how I’d feel about that, but it’ll be worth a watch!

Having Pearl Mackie as Bill credited in this trailer has made me hopeful that she’s back for a narrative purpose rather than to just say goodbye to Capaldi…

• Mark Belsom

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:40pm

Hope it’s as good as it looks. Looks quite interesting.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:40pm

That is one of the best trailers I have ever seen…

…for anything.

This episode has the potential to be truly awesome. It also has the potential to fall flat on its face. I really hope it’s the former!

• T.A

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:36pm

Are you trying to be funny.

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:35pm

I was hoping for cybermen please let there cybermen, I hope the beginning bit is part of an actual scene from the episode where it recreates the first Doctor talking to a mondasian cybermen rather than something done just for the trailer. And also Bill, Bill, Bill are we going to find out she’s actually the new companion, is she a figment of the Doctors imagination, him inside her subconscious and now her inside his subconscious or just an effect of time going all wrong and she’ll be dead again by the end of the episode. At least this gives her and the Doctor chance to say goodbye to each other. Gaaaah I have so many questions

• Exterminator

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:34pm

Wow, it looks amazing. Great title too.

• The Doctor 2017

July 23rd, 2017 - 10:33pm

Bill and the first doctor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• When The Doctor Was Me