May 18th, 2013 373 comments

What Did You Think of The Name of The Doctor?

What Did You Think of The Name of The Doctor?

Clara receives a letter summoning her to a mysterious meeting, where she is given a message for the Doctor.

The meaning is uncertain, but when an enemy strikes the Time Lord is left with no choice but to travel to the one place in time and space he should never go – into a deadly trap that threatens to unravel his past, present and future.

Now that the final episode of series 7b has aired in the UK what did you think? Was it the best episode ever or just average.

• mickey miller

14. The Power of Three

• booboo

June 1st, 2013 - 8:11pm

But the BBC hasn’t, all they have done is confirm series 8

• sharon anne bell

June 1st, 2013 - 8:10pm

John hurt is not taking over has the doctor, matt smith confirmed he will be back next year for doctor who series 8 so do not panic at all.

• Gfmdt

June 1st, 2013 - 5:43am

I will very very much miss Matt Smith, that’s all I know! I’ve greatly enjoyed him in this role. He is my Doctor Who. But he is an actor of quality and of course it’s time to move along. Best wishes, Mr. Smith! We’ll be looking out for ya!

May 31st, 2013 - 5:18pm

The doctor can actually regenerate and infinite amount of times… It’s just that 13 was a time lord law

• William Stucken

May 30th, 2013 - 6:14pm

What was the docters name again?

May 29th, 2013 - 1:34pm

Not if he was split into twins – they would both be the 9th doctors πŸ™‚

• CindyM

May 29th, 2013 - 5:57am

I totally agree with Karl. I’ve been very disappointed with the story line focusing on Dr. Who. The whole fun of the show was always the play on that name, and the mystery behind it. Why does a mystery have to be solved? The whole future of the show is ruined.

• Dalek: the Supreme

May 28th, 2013 - 1:35pm

She was splintered through time. The Doctor’s time.

• MasterKasterborous

May 28th, 2013 - 12:58pm

I think he was more making the point that she was scattered though his time line rather than just time.

• outnumbered

May 28th, 2013 - 9:26am

tardis u r right it is him

• MaxP

May 28th, 2013 - 1:01am

Just realised how much he is like a wizard with the screwdriver used like a magic wand! – my problem is it’s not really a screwdriver anymore as it does so much more now, so to keep calling it that is not right. Also, I agree – the show has far too much wobbly timey-wimeyness. It’s trying too hard to be clever for it’s own sake, and it’s too much. (And a shame as everything else in the show – casting, effects, production values, music, acting – is all top notch these days)

• R.L.Klaus

May 27th, 2013 - 4:39pm

Sally Sparrow.

• Dalek: the Supreme

May 26th, 2013 - 10:35pm

It was planned that the Doctor would have been revealed to be The Other, a Time Lord who helped Rassilon and Omega shape Gallifrey. I’m afraid I don’t know anything more than that.

• Dalek: the Supreme

May 26th, 2013 - 10:34pm

I know another person suggested it, not sure who, but either way, never underestimate the power of SCAROTH, Last of the Jaggaroth! πŸ˜€

• Dalek: the Supreme

May 26th, 2013 - 10:32pm

There’s no real difference, splintered or scattered, the different Claras were different versions of the original who jumped in. And why couldn’t I have guessed? Anyone can make theories.

• The TARDIS

May 26th, 2013 - 7:14pm

We don’t know he’s going to be the 9th Doctor. It’s just a theory. And he may yet be the Valeyard – he is the Doctor but he decided not to go by that name.

• The TARDIS

May 26th, 2013 - 7:11pm

Omega? There were all them logos on the clerics uniforms.

• The TARDIS

May 26th, 2013 - 7:09pm

I thought that as well! Between the Crimson Horror and Nightmare in Silver, i said to my mum that she would be like Scaroth, splintered through time, the same person but living (and dying) in different times. She just laughed, but then had to accept… I was right. πŸ™‚

• the astronaut of death

May 26th, 2013 - 4:22pm

10.a town called mercy
    11.hide
    12.the bells of st john
    13.the power of three

• LEWIS

May 26th, 2013 - 3:26pm

good thery but I stil agree with whovian oh and if JOHN HURT WAS A PREVIOS DOCTOR THAT WILL MAKE MATT SMITH THE 12TH DOCTOR

• LEWIS

May 26th, 2013 - 1:38pm

Dalek: the Supreame Clara wasn’t splintered through time she was scatered throught the doctors timeline not time and evin if she was you stil couldn’t have guesed that’s what happened to her πŸ™‚

• River song

May 26th, 2013 - 1:30pm

Just say what it is.

• Toni

May 25th, 2013 - 10:26pm

Thank you!!! I think the writing for this series has seriously gone downhill since the Amy and Rory days. Even those days weren’t a patch on Russell T. Davis’ brilliant writing!!! For me Davis understood the character of the Dr. and part of that was keeping some things unexplained. River Song being the Dr.’s wife was bad enough but the idea that Clara has been helping the Dr.’s all along ruins Dr. Who’s character in my opinion. He is supposed to be a ‘superhero’ with a mysterious background and a complex personality. We are not supposed to understand him!! I am one disappointed Whovian!

• harold richards

May 25th, 2013 - 8:41pm

Well, towards the end of the classic series, they tried to re-establish the mystery behind the Doctor. There were references to “the time of chaos” and Ace even asked, “Who are you?”

So if not the creator of the Universe, I’d like to see that he had something to do with beginnings on Gallifrey or even Earth. In some ways, I guess the latter has already been established.

Jesus was a Time Lord.

• kisala (BIG DOCTORWHO FAN)

May 25th, 2013 - 1:43pm

DOCTORWHO IS MY FAVORITE SHOW

• Whovian

May 24th, 2013 - 6:51pm

there might be another possiblity in Moffat’s awesome writing