December 25th, 2016 76 comments

What did You Think of The Return of Doctor Mysterio?

This Christmas sees The Doctor join forces with a masked Superhero for an epic New York adventure.

With brain-swapping aliens poised to attack, the Doctor and Nardole link up with an investigative reporter and a mysterious figure known only as The Ghost.

Can the Doctor save Manhattan? And what will be revealed when we see behind the mask?

uk-flag-small The DVD and Blu-ray are available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk

usa-flag-small Available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

x-news

• The Jamie

December 26th, 2016 - 12:06am

Really Really awful and boring especially being an episode after a year of no doctor who and they left us with the worst episode in doctor who history hell bent and why Nardole why no reason for him to be there
    Series 10 looks ok but it should be great since they had a year off to work on it.

• The Living Shadow

December 25th, 2016 - 11:47pm

What a strange episode.

…Kinda loved it!

• Simon W

December 25th, 2016 - 11:41pm

Im holding my thoughts about season 10 till after its been shown.I just hope its going to be a good series.

• Mr. Huffles

December 25th, 2016 - 11:30pm

To all those who are complaining about series 10, obvioulsy hard work has been put into it, so dont criticise something that hasnt even aired yet. I personally think having a new companion who asks what no one else asks is great. It already feels like a new show.

I also think they should sign Matt Lucas on for a few more series as Nardole, as he is great comic relief. The story line in TRODM was interesting, plus there was a mention of Osgood, and the fact that a UNIT soldier has been taken over by the alien brain thingies.

And i was in stitches with the stress toy that Lucy had, brilliant comic timing. Justin Chatwin made a dull sounding character shine and was relatable. For the first time in long time, it didnt feel like a dreadful Steven Moffat script, it had fun, humour and serious parts.

I was dreading it being like the awful The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, but was pleasantly surprised.

December 25th, 2016 - 10:22pm

I thought the story was better than I originally thought it would be but it didn’t feel much like a Christmas episode and the whole relationship with the ghost and the journalist was boring and stretched. I liked the comedy humour between the Doctor and Nardole and it was interesting learning more about the brain aliens from the previous Christmas special

• Jamie

December 25th, 2016 - 10:22pm

Your complaining a Doctor Who Christmas special features an alien invasion at Christmas? Really?

• Jamie

December 25th, 2016 - 10:21pm

I enjoyed it!

• paul

December 25th, 2016 - 9:31pm

going to watch it again later and on the whole it was good in my opinion, nardole is definitely more intelligent than he appears! looking forward to 2017

• Dalekparadigm2

December 25th, 2016 - 9:16pm

Mixed reviews by the look of things. I haven’t yet seen it so am yet to form my own opinion. However it sounds like Moffat being his now usual, not interested self…

Have however seen Series 10 trailer. It looks… Ok. asBill looks and sounds irritating with a sense that her gasps and actually acting in general is forced…

December 25th, 2016 - 9:11pm

I just see nardole and a dalek?!? :/

December 25th, 2016 - 9:07pm

Well, its possible it could be the ‘class’ corridor, modefied slightly, would need to see it again though to say.

• doctor no more

December 25th, 2016 - 8:32pm

boring,not much story,aliens invading again at Christmas! very poorly written story,too busy concentraiting on his other programme script,looking forward to a good reboot.

• Simon W

December 25th, 2016 - 8:06pm

I’m glad that Moffet is leaving as head writer this special was a week one I just hope when the new one starts in 2018 it will put the show on a new lease of life. Moffet has lost all interest in doing brilliant scripts Like the Blink episode that was in my opinion his best work.

• Only in Dreams

December 25th, 2016 - 8:02pm

Well, when it was Dr. Who, I thought it was actually quite good.

Unfortunately it was more interested in being a generic and poorly-written RomCom that Dr. Who. Another Christmas special being butchered through sheer plagiarism.

December 25th, 2016 - 7:57pm

So who exactly said they cried when reading the script for this episode because……no

• Jasonisnotarobot

December 25th, 2016 - 7:55pm

I honestly didn’t find it that bad, it was good fun in the end. Also when the cut to the high school I honestly though it was Coal Hill Academy

• N Bridge

December 25th, 2016 - 7:40pm

Usual Moffat garbage unfortunately. He is singlehandedly destroying this once great show.
    Next season looks poor as well 🙁

• D0CT0R WHO

December 25th, 2016 - 7:40pm

I enjoyed the episode. It was funny and enjoyable but I’m not too keen on the new series.

December 25th, 2016 - 7:38pm

Usual Moffat garbage, he is single handedly destroying this once great show.
    Next season looks poor as well 🙁

• Kingoftheshadowkin

December 25th, 2016 - 7:17pm

I was trying to work out what they were but oh my god yes it is the Movellans

• AsDavid

December 25th, 2016 - 7:14pm

In the trailer if you pause at 0:32 you can see the movellans

• WFK DVD Collector 16

December 25th, 2016 - 7:12pm

I was having a good Christmas until then. Oh well.

Aside from that, hope everyone had a great Christmas.

• Whorules

December 25th, 2016 - 7:05pm

Not too bad, Mind I normally enjoy Peter capaldi’s stories more on a second watch, so will reserve final judgement until after I’ve watched the dvd. In general, acting was good and it was well made, nice to see as well that nardol will be in the new series and that the new series looks good as usual. I’ve really enjoyed moffat’s run since 2010 so looking forward to new series.
    (All the people who complain so nastily about moffat will no doubt be as voraciously vocal about chibnall just enjoy it while we still have TV Who!)

• Koquillian

December 25th, 2016 - 7:05pm

it was better than i expected and i’d say it was the best Capaldi christmas episode… but thats not saying much. It was bland, predictable and the best thing it in (and i can’t believe i’m saying this) is Nardole! And that trailer for the new series was a punch in the stomach of cringe and contained no monster other than the bloomin’ daleks!

• The Dalek Whovian

December 25th, 2016 - 7:03pm

It was alright it was not bad or good. It had a decent plot. Nardole looks like a promising companion though

• Tim M

December 25th, 2016 - 7:03pm

It was a very good episode for Christmas Day. I really enjoyed it. Not too demanding and great escapism. 8/10.

• prototype dalek

December 25th, 2016 - 6:53pm

I actually really liked it, I think it was a lot of fun but not too dark either. Cant wait for series 10 and the return of the Daleks

• Rikki Krystal

December 25th, 2016 - 6:50pm

Very Good,for a christmas episode.
    Matt lucas,was good,looks like he’s in the series as well

• C’rizz the Cheshire Cat