November 4th, 2018 183 comments

What Did You Think of The Tsuranga Conundrum?

Now that the fifth episode of series 11 has aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

“Risk to life: absolute.”

Injured and stranded in the wilds of a far-flung galaxy, The Doctor, Yaz, Graham and Ryan must band together with a group of strangers to survive against one of the universe’s most deadly — and unusual — creatures.

• The Master

November 4th, 2018 - 8:27pm

It was a weird episode, not as strong as the previous 4 but nonetheless enjoyed it.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:22pm

I didn’t like the music in this episode, liked the music in other episode’s mind.
    Actually didn’t like anything in this episode apart from the science CERN gets a mention:)

November 4th, 2018 - 8:19pm

Just to be clear, I agree it was this series Forest of the night.

• R1ch1e

November 4th, 2018 - 8:18pm

I didn’t hate or love it. It was just a bit meh if that makes sense. Every series has a couple of iffy episodes and this was definatly one of them. I just thought it could have been so much more. I bet the younger viewers loved it though

• The Living Shadow

November 4th, 2018 - 8:18pm

Very bizarre. I wasn’t sure what tone they were going for. I certainly would’ve felt more threat if the Pting didn’t look (and move) like a mix between the Crazy Frog and Stitch.

Set design was quite distinctive and clinical feeling which I liked though – Far more memorable than recent ‘Base Under Siege’ sets. I also loved the Doctor’s speech about the particle accelerator.

Interesting how they didn’t get to the Tardis at the end, although part of me wonders why you’d have them find the Tardis if they’re just going to loose it and then find it again. It could potentially undermine ‘The Ghost Monument’, depending on how them finding the Tardis again will be handled.

• Exterminator

November 4th, 2018 - 8:17pm

I actually can’t be bothered to comment.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:16pm

I agree, although I did hate it.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:15pm

It does look interesting, another historical episode. Hope it doesn’t focus on how bad Britain acted back then. Don’t need another peachy episode.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:14pm

I agree fully. The series has been great apart from this.

• R1ch1e

November 4th, 2018 - 8:13pm

I actually dont know where to start. It wasn’t that I hated it. But I didn’t love it either. The first dud of the series for me. If that Pting thing had been a bit bigger and more menacing it would have added an extra dimension to it. But it was a sci fi episode that’s for certain. It was this series Forest of the night or The Long Game for me.
    On the plus side next week’s looks much much better.
    6/10

November 4th, 2018 - 8:09pm

What did you think R1ch1e?

November 4th, 2018 - 8:08pm

Just awful, I’ve only liked one episode this series and it wasn’t one that chibnall wrote. I really don’t think he is qualified to be head writer having only written 4 episodes prior to this series, and they all had the same structure (we have to beat the time limit or we are doooomed)

November 4th, 2018 - 8:07pm

What did you think booboo

November 4th, 2018 - 8:06pm

Yes the ergon I did indeed, was going to mention it tomorrow:)

I won’t stop watching, been a fan for my whole life. If you don’t like critical comments don’t read them!

• Doctorfan

November 4th, 2018 - 8:06pm

why was one of stitches cousins the monster of the week???!!!!!

• T.A

November 4th, 2018 - 8:06pm

Anonymous, I don’t want him to stop watching, I quite like reading his opinions on the series, and that what it is an opinion.

• the ergon

November 4th, 2018 - 8:03pm

And underwhelming monster of the week goes to…

• T.A

November 4th, 2018 - 8:03pm

I have to say I was really bored with this episode, I liked the premise of the episode but the execution was lacklustre. I’m still on the fence of Jodie, for me it felt like she was trying really hard to be a combination of Matt and Tennant, but not working well for her, the compaions felt unneeded in this story, I liked the side characters even though there was not point of the android, and pregnant guy, in opinion was only there to say use protection, but if you don’t just stay with your child, animations and effects for this episode was done, but the alien felt like a copy of a Ben 10 alien called upchuck, who also can east a lot. Overall, this was lacklustre for me and has me still look for a story from chibnall, that has me intrigued and wanting to see more.

4.5/10

• whovian

November 4th, 2018 - 8:02pm

All I’m saying is that I won’t get those 50 minutes of my life back and will try and look forward to next week.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:02pm

Yes stop everyone having a valid opinion when it isn’t going well.

• the ergon

November 4th, 2018 - 8:02pm

As a small consolation pats 86 you did get your weekly dose of science.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:01pm

Save us all a lot of time pats86 and just stop watching

• Jean Jackson

November 4th, 2018 - 8:00pm

I have been a Doctor Who fan for YEARS, apart from when it was the truly awful Colin Baker. I like Jody Whittaker, I like the way it’s staged, liked the first episode… but the plot of the spiders one last week was so full of holes it was ludicrous. The episode with Rory and Amy in the hotel was terrifying, but this was just a few big spiders and then they “humanely” managed to shut them all (yes, every single one) in a kitchen (to starve to death?) and that was that. And this week’s was just boring with a ludicrous man-having-a-baby bit in it. They need a new writer. All poor Jody Whittaker does is run about.

November 4th, 2018 - 7:57pm

If the comments have not been disabled by then? Won’t be surprised if they have after this abomination.

• Puddle

November 4th, 2018 - 7:56pm

Very boring

• rikki krystal

November 4th, 2018 - 7:56pm

Awful episode worse so far.
    pc episode again,by bbc.

November 4th, 2018 - 7:56pm

I have to admit i have loved this series but this episode was a let down. The characters were not relateable and the story was very dull and i felt myself zoning out. However i do feel that the next episode looks very promising and i hope this is just a blip in the new series

• doctorsmith12

November 4th, 2018 - 7:53pm

found myself getting bored & lost

November 4th, 2018 - 7:53pm

Too upset to speak right now, will collect my thoughts and comeback next few days.

• R1ch1e