October 7th, 2018 193 comments

What Did You Think of The Woman Who Fell To Earth?

Now that the highly anticipated First episode of series 11 has aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

We don’t get aliens in Sheffield. In a South Yorkshire city, Ryan Sinclair, Yasmin Khan and Graham O’Brien are about to have their lives changed forever, as a mysterious woman, unable to remember her own name, falls from the night sky.

Can they believe a word she says? And can she help solve the strange events taking place across the city?

The Complete Series 11 DVD, Blu-ray and steelbook are available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk. The DVD and Blu-ray are available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

October 7th, 2018 - 8:40pm

Average at best, like the new companions and Jodie as the Doctor is going to take time but I always expected this.
    The vilan looked like an original Power Ranger, cheap.

The story was rushed as others have already said, but it was better than Deep Breath for sure.

It doesn’t feel right to me having a female Doctor but I won’t give up on the show and will give Jodie time to prove me wrong, or not?

Overall 5/10 far from a classic but then again most new Doctor episode’s are difficult to watch because of having to get used to the new Time Lord.

• alanjeff10

October 7th, 2018 - 8:40pm

Sorry thought the storyline weak and disjointed. The new doctor will take time to assume the roll but will find it hard if the scripts don’t improve. New villain was good but had a weak background. The villain will no doubt will return.

October 7th, 2018 - 8:39pm

I know it’s Brilliant!, right? (I know know that exclamation mark comma isn’t grammatically correct

• R1ch1e

October 7th, 2018 - 8:37pm

Your never going to be hated for having an opinion my friend

• Carl

October 7th, 2018 - 8:35pm

What utter tripe the BBC have turned a once loved show into a cash cow .we were not given a voice we were told this or nothing and I would have preferred they finished the show so wrong .also in the history of it Matt Smith should have been the last doctor but money Rules .what a sellout this will never be Dr Who.

• Judooning

October 7th, 2018 - 8:32pm

Well that was brilliant. I mean I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to see something change so much. Its definitely for the better.
    Jodie is amazing. Love her.
    The companions are also much better than I thought.
    Well done Chibnall

• The Living Shadow

October 7th, 2018 - 8:31pm

Really exciting! I love all the characters already and Jodie’s Doctor can carry a scene amazingly! I loved seeing the screwdriver being built (the soundtrack during that scene was beautiful) and the Doctor’s outfit being picked was really fun. Also this episode still leaves some things to be desired in the best kind of way – I can’t wait to watch next week!

• Dalek Eye Stalk

October 7th, 2018 - 8:30pm

Good story, but took a while to get going. Was a bit bored early on, some of the dialogue was cliche and some of the acting was rather wooden, and some of that was from Bradley Walsh! I think Doctor Who needs a rest.

• Lorraine

October 7th, 2018 - 8:25pm

It was a fair start. Villain was somewhat lame but episode visually excellent. I like the companions already and the manner in which they were introduced to us. Yet it does not feel like Doctor Who and I can’t quite figure out why. This has nothing to do with it being a new actor in the role. So we are back to her having no relatives so no Gallifrey and the immense back history. Jodie was okay but I wish they had picked an actor who grew up loving the programme like Tennant. As an episode of Sarah Jane it was superb. As a first episode of a new Who era it was okay if you take away the special effects and concentrate on the story. The background music was good and not intrusive but supportive of the action. It is a reboot whatever they say.

• R1ch1e

October 7th, 2018 - 8:19pm

I also love that it has all top 5 hashtags trending on twitter. Including Tom Shaw lol

• Colin B

October 7th, 2018 - 8:19pm

Im going to be hated for this.

Music – Excellent which harks back to the old style dr who

Story – not bad with excellent effects, direction, tense and moody

Villain – was solid and scary at first but ended up being too silly to be serious just another cheater with no credible threat.

Companions – Graham O’Brien was good but Ryan Sinclair was the best, and Yasmin Khan sort of reminds me of bill potts as always asking questions which was good. (loved Bill Potts)

Dr Who – I still think it should still be a male. Jodi Whittaker put in a fine performance but I still cant see her as the Doctor. But then I had a hard time trying to get my head round this missy/master role

Overall – 5/10

Hopefully next week may change my mind

• Jamie Ferguson

October 7th, 2018 - 8:17pm

Was bored but like the theme

October 7th, 2018 - 8:16pm

Just Ok

Took me about 20 minutes to get into it. Jodie annoyed me for the first half but I fell in love with her the second she said I am the Doctor.

I felt a lot of the interactions where rushed, but the case had great chemistry, though meeting and become best friends on the same night I just impossible. But I enjoyed the cast especially Bradley Walsh.

The Opening felt rushed and there wasn’t much room to breathe. Personally post regeneration stories need time to breath. Like the doctor I don’t know settling down for chips and chatting. I would have preferred if the time span of the episode was over a period of days instead of one night.

The villain was werid, really werid, and the movation was really werid, and what was with the whole brother looking for his sister just forgottom. Though I am glad Jodie never pushed him of the crane, cause that would be too dark.

And why did Grace die, after one episode, there was so much you could have done with her character. And the funeral scene was just jarring

Also and where were the titles, I was literally waiting for them to come on and no.

And the trailer for future episodes was werid

But I enjoyed the episode. I accept Jodie as the doctor, and couldn’t care less what gender she is, i enjoyed a little more darkness towards the end, and the changing scene in the charity shop was just great, as it proves Doctor’s Clothes can come from everywhere,

But the directions saves the episode, feels like a brand new show, just the night lights of Sheffield are beautiful

Just pacing flaws, Tonal shift and jodie’s Performance for half of it is all that is wrong, can’t wait for next week.

• Exterminator

October 7th, 2018 - 8:12pm

Oh ok that does makes sense, but they should’ve shown her removing the crystal from the alien pod and not an old wooden case.

• Simon W

October 7th, 2018 - 8:10pm

Brilliant Best story. Better than any story from most of series 8 and all of series 9. I did tell people to wait for this story and they might like the Dr as a lady and not hold judgement over the show and not to quit watching because of that. I think she’s a breath of fresh air the show needed.

• whovian

October 7th, 2018 - 8:08pm

And liking the new theme. So much better than the screeching of the Capaldi theme. I need to find to download as I need it as my new ringtone

October 7th, 2018 - 8:08pm

Even heaven sent.

• DannyTheNerd

October 7th, 2018 - 8:05pm

It was fantastic!

• Simon W

October 7th, 2018 - 8:05pm

Brilliant best in story since series some of series 8 and all of series 9. I did tell people to give her a chance she might be brilliant. Cant wait for the rest of this season.

October 7th, 2018 - 8:04pm

Crystal was taken from alien pod (presumably!)

• R1ch1e

October 7th, 2018 - 8:03pm

My goodness me! That was ASTONISHING! I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m a little gutted there was no TARDIS but I’m the narrative of the story it’s absence worked.
    Jodie was great. So were the companions.
    I didn’t feel it was perfect, but then no episode is. It was a marked improvement on Deep Breath.
    I now think this is going to be a great series

• Who rules

October 7th, 2018 - 8:03pm

This will be my only comment, then I’m not even going to look here anymore. For me, I loved it. Production looked good, the music was atmospheric and the theme so like the original. The companions are excellent and I’m looking forward to the doctor finding the tardis. As for Jodie, I never had a problem with her, she is a great actress. She makes a great doctor, like some others I took to her instantly, Sylvester McCoy, Matt Smith, as soon as i saw and heard them I loved them, Jodie was the same. Someone mentioned that they thought she overacted a bit, but to be honest most of the actors playing the doctor have at some point. Tennant did and so did Tom baker in his later years. It’s the nature of the role. All in all a great start.

• Exterminator

October 7th, 2018 - 8:02pm

At last, the old theme tune returns and what a great cliffhanger ending. I actually can’t wait to see how they get out of this one.

The episode was a good series opener, Jodie is brilliant. I loved The Dr saying the sonic was part Sheffield steel but where did the crystal emitter come from? She just finds a case full of them in that garage? Also, it didn’t rotate! (Yet)

• DalekAgent

October 7th, 2018 - 8:01pm

This episode was absolutely BRILLIANT!, a great start to a new series and of course a new Doctor, i cant wait for the rest of the series,

• CubicTurtle

October 7th, 2018 - 7:57pm

This was actually very good. I didn’t mind the doctor being a woman but it took some getting used to. But she did an amazing job and I think I’m really going to like her. The series feels very different compared to the last seasons, which I like, it was time for a change. The only thing I’m not yet sure about is the music. What I heard was very good but I loved Murray Gold’s work so much, I listened to it all the time.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

October 7th, 2018 - 7:55pm

8/10.

Not as good as ‘Rose’ or ‘The Eleventh Hour’, but a better start than ‘Deep Breath’.

A solid start to the series!

• T.A

October 7th, 2018 - 7:55pm

Honestly a solid start, really enjoyed the beginning, i did find it a bit boring at certain parts and the villain wasn’t the best. Jodie and the others did a great job. My only complaint with Jodie is her overacting at certain points is annoying, but it his her first episode, I just really want to see the intro sequence and the tardis. Chibnall you start good don’t let us down.

7/10

• whovian

October 7th, 2018 - 7:54pm

Epic

• the patient

October 7th, 2018 - 7:51pm

I actually enjoyed this episode. A great start for 13.

• When The Doctor Was Me

October 7th, 2018 - 7:51pm

Wow wow wow!
    Electrifying
    Emotional
    Adventure
    Funny
    Relatable
    Abosultly outstanding! And I love how we still no so little!
    Jodie you are amazing!!!