October 7th, 2018 193 comments

Poll – What Did You Think of The Woman Who Fell To Earth?

Now that the highly anticipated First episode of series 11 has aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

We don’t get aliens in Sheffield. In a South Yorkshire city, Ryan Sinclair, Yasmin Khan and Graham O’Brien are about to have their lives changed forever, as a mysterious woman, unable to remember her own name, falls from the night sky.

Can they believe a word she says? And can she help solve the strange events taking place across the city?

The Complete Series 11 DVD, Blu-ray and steelbook are available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk. The DVD and Blu-ray are available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

• whovian

October 7th, 2018 - 9:13pm

I actually said something like that would happen. Barbie as the Doctor. I have a feeling that the price is going to put me off though

• Lorraine

October 7th, 2018 - 9:11pm

I don’t do Twitter either but I would think this is something younger viewers may be into. It looks like they are so far more accepting of the new feel of the programme but I think we guessed that would be the case Pats68

October 7th, 2018 - 9:07pm

Can’t help but agree. I tried to keep an open mind but in the end i was bored to death.

• Lorraine

October 7th, 2018 - 9:07pm

I agree with you Colin.

October 7th, 2018 - 9:04pm

Neck is a bit thin but other than that I like it.

• booboo

October 7th, 2018 - 9:02pm

nor me, but i wasn’t kidding

• TARDISDWDALEK

October 7th, 2018 - 9:02pm

I’m gonna be honest but it was a little boring. I wasn’t for the whole female time lord/lady thing since missy – don’t get me wrong I loved michelle Gomez and her acting was amazing but it just didn’t sit right with me. But even though I don’t agree with the whole female regeneration thing (I am a female so that’s not the problem) it kinda went against the basics of doctor who for me. it would’ve been much better if it’d been the doctors grand-daughter or something so they’ve still got Jodie, a strong female role and the core is dw. Anyway, despite that I went into the episode with an open mind. I liked the start, wasn’t completely sold but kept watching. Unfortunately I started to find it boring, I laughed at the villain who sounded like a copyright of older episodes and a mash up between Venom and the Power Rangers. Some parts seemed too simplistic too – i know its meant to be for children but iwas hoping it might have that Sarah Jane feel that every age group can enjoy. From about half way i was really disappointed. Jodie not bad but i feel like her regeneration performance wasn’t as strong as others and some parts seemed long winded. I watched it to the end though and i hope that it will get better as it continues. Chibnall’s trying to get a new feel from the episodes anyway and i appreciate that – im just worried that they might forget what dr who was really about when it first started. Overall i wasn’t impressed. Better luck next time BBC

• techmki

October 7th, 2018 - 9:01pm

It feels like a really good refreshing start, which is what the show needed tbh. The quality of direction is vastly superior to what we have seen over the past recent years. I actually feel interested to see what happens next. It’s like someone has taken a pair of scissors and cut off seven years of loose ends!

• Tim M

October 7th, 2018 - 9:00pm

The villain looked like and sounded like something from comedy ‘Red Dwarf’!

October 7th, 2018 - 8:57pm

Of all the replys I never expected that?

• Dan23

October 7th, 2018 - 8:57pm

Well this episode was an hour long other episodes will be not that long.

• Dan23

October 7th, 2018 - 8:55pm

The new showrunner wanted to do Doctor Who as a reboot but the BBC managers said no.

October 7th, 2018 - 8:55pm

LOL the patient, best comment so far 🙂

• Blungering Hinklesburn

October 7th, 2018 - 8:54pm

Very good, I thought.

Not as good as The Eleventh Hour. But IMO, The Eleventh Hour was the best episode of series 5. Everything that came after it that year simply wasn’t of the same quality. If it had been, series 5 would probably have been THE best series in the history of the show. But it wasn’t.

Hopefully they’ll get into more of a groove this year; consistently good episodes, as opposed to consecutively “meh” episodes with a diamond thrown in here and there, which sadly I think was a big problem in the Moffat years.

I can happily accept the loss of the diamonds if it means fewer of the “meh” episodes. I think that’s what the show needs right now, because the ratings last series were NOT good.

October 7th, 2018 - 8:54pm

Wow!

• booboo

October 7th, 2018 - 8:53pm

to busy posting about Barbie Dolls

October 7th, 2018 - 8:53pm

I don’t do social network, how is it being thought of on there?

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

October 7th, 2018 - 8:52pm

Mmmm average episode
    Not sure how i’m feeling about the new cast too early to say for me
    I wasn’t as thrilled with this as previous doctor openers… but will reserve judgement!

October 7th, 2018 - 8:52pm

I mean Titles

• the patient

October 7th, 2018 - 8:51pm

To be honest, the vilans voice reminded me of the shadow kin from class. But it annoyed me because it reminded my mum to get a dentist apointment.

• lex

October 7th, 2018 - 8:51pm

Seriously they decide to move it to sunday to keep it at a static time then for ep #2 they move it 10 mins.. great planning

October 7th, 2018 - 8:51pm

What didn’t you like about it?

October 7th, 2018 - 8:50pm

Your quiet BooBoo, what did you think?

October 7th, 2018 - 8:50pm

Thirteen Words, huh? (It’s on the Doctor Who Channel, except for this episode)
    1. Brilliant
    2. Astonishing
    3.,4. Absolutely Fantastic
    5.,6.,7. I am Speechless
    8. Beautiful
    9.,10.11.,12.,13. Really Excited for next week!

• Graham Bury

October 7th, 2018 - 8:47pm

Sorry didn’t like it felt more like a spin off like Class than Dr Who, hopefully things will improve next week.
    Need a fix of properrors Dr Who to recover lol

• Dave

October 7th, 2018 - 8:46pm

I’ve watched doctor who since it started, love it, I had a feeling the new doctor would be a woman but I thought it was gonna be Clara, jenna Coleman. Shocked, but Dr. Jodie Whittaker did a fantastic job. My two favorite dr.s though were Tom Baker, and Dave Tannant
    I didn’t like Mat Smith at first but I think I was so upset over losing Dave. But Mat pulled it off and did great!

October 7th, 2018 - 8:44pm

Nothing wrong with a critical opinion Colin B, I agree with all your comments.

• Dan23

October 7th, 2018 - 8:44pm

The vilan: its voice sounded familiar to something they’ve used before. Sound When it wallked reminded me of Cybermen.

October 7th, 2018 - 8:43pm

Just don’t say that in Twitter

October 7th, 2018 - 8:42pm