April 15th, 2017 133 comments

What did You Think of Series 10 Episode 1 The Pilot?

Now that the highly anticipated first episode of series 10 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

Two worlds collide when the Doctor meets Bill.

A chance encounter with a girl with a star in her eye leads to a terrifying chase across time and space.

Bill’s mind is opened to a Universe that is bigger and more exciting than she could possibly have imagined – but who is the Doctor, and what is his secret mission with Nardole on Earth?

The Doctor is played by Peter Capaldi, Bill by Pearl Mackie and Nardole by Matt Lucas.

Written by Steven Moffat

Doctor Who Series 10 Parts 1 and 2 Blu-ray / DVD

Available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk

Available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

Peter Capaldi returns as Doctor Who for twelve thrilling adventures. He is joined by new companion, Bill (played by Pearl Mackie), along with returning loveable alien, Nardole (played by Matt Lucas).

April 15th, 2017 - 11:08pm

Meh?

• The decider

April 15th, 2017 - 11:00pm

That was intense, I thought that the water girl was either going to be a dalek agent or one of those martian water creatures from the waters of mars but then it ends up being something even creepier and mind blowing. Moffat had us all looking in the wrong direction, this time in a good way. The woman said EXTERMINATE so it was a clever piece of plot misinformation. This is one very creepy, charasmatic and trippy episode. This could mean doctor who is getting it’s grove back! I sincerely hope that the final episode “the doctor falls” actually means just that and not ends up being as silly as the season 7 finale “the name of the doctor” which skirted round the fact and bailed on the concept. Peter was regenerating in the trailer so I think we may be getting the real deal this time. Also, I hope john simms master kills off missy; she’s too annoying and too noisy to be a master. Stop changing character genders!

• Nigel M

April 15th, 2017 - 10:57pm

So two questions…

What (or who) is in the vault ?

Is that the Doctor in the mirror in the photo of Bill’s mum ?

• Exterminator

April 15th, 2017 - 9:57pm

Now that was so worth the long wait. Peter capaldi was just brilliant and I love bill. I can’t wait for the rest of the series.

• Jordan Scott

April 15th, 2017 - 9:45pm

As I predicted, Doctor Who is BACK! This series has had great vibes since the very first teasers!

• The Dalek Whovian

April 15th, 2017 - 9:37pm

And he has a goatee again

• booboo

April 15th, 2017 - 9:33pm

Oh yes

• Robert

April 15th, 2017 - 9:33pm

I agree – I noticed a more traditional approach, a nice clear storyline with obvious menace and enough frightening moments to keep you watching. Hopefully this will maintained throughout the full series. Looks like it could the best so far 🙂

April 15th, 2017 - 9:30pm

He was at the end of the trailer?

• The Dalek Whovian

April 15th, 2017 - 9:24pm

This is the best Doctor Who episode I’ve seen in a while. It was just so fun. I feel like Doctor Who is Doctor Who again, and now everyone can enjoy it. New and Old fans because the series now has the perfect tone, has characters everyone can like and stories that have a more Sci-Fi feel. This series is going to be amazing

• r1ch1e

April 15th, 2017 - 9:06pm

Wonderful television! Peter Capaldi is at his very best here and Pearl Mackie is so charming and fantastic as Bill. I am now even sadder that Capaldi is leaving so soon. It feels like we are being denied one of the very best TARDIS teams ever.
    Roll on next week!

Well done to everyone involved in tonight’s episode! Be very proud of yourselves!!

April 15th, 2017 - 9:03pm

Better without Clara, reasonable opener let’s see how it goes in the coming weeks?

• booboo

April 15th, 2017 - 8:54pm

It was originally John Simm at the end of the trailer

• Dalekparadigm2

April 15th, 2017 - 8:52pm

Well it was definitely a new episode. Sets up a lot of the series ahead. The watery thing was quite tame which makes for a change – thought there was meant to be an exclusive spoiler though…

• The Other

April 15th, 2017 - 8:50pm

Brilliant! Bill and Nardole were enjoyable and the editing style was fresh and fun! Peter was of course fantastic! Overall this felt like it had a lot more time and effort put into it then some recent Stories.

• Part Gollum Part Time Lord

April 15th, 2017 - 8:40pm

Yeah, it was fine to serve as a series opener to gain new audiences, felt nardole was unnecessary here though and some bits were slightly cringy. However, the rest of the series looks brilliant!

• Mr. J

April 15th, 2017 - 8:36pm

Fresh, straight-forward, exciting and interesting throughout! Loved it! Just wanted it to be longer! Good performances all round! Keep it like this!

• daleksean

April 15th, 2017 - 8:36pm

It was a great episode but I found myself cringing everytime Nardole was in a scene. He has to be the worst companion ever in my opinion.

• techruyc

April 15th, 2017 - 8:31pm

It was actually really good.

• Mr Schnibbley

April 15th, 2017 - 8:25pm

So much better without Clara

• Daveywaveychipsngravy

April 15th, 2017 - 8:22pm

First time I’ve enjoyed a series opener for years! A plus

• Jojobings

April 15th, 2017 - 8:21pm

Very enjoyable!

• prototype dalek

April 15th, 2017 - 8:19pm

Loved it, really good how they did it! Back to 2005-2010 ways!

• Thomas Meehan

April 15th, 2017 - 8:18pm

I loved it! I haven’t enjoyed the show with Series 6, 7 & 9 but 10 will be an AMAZING series!

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

April 15th, 2017 - 8:16pm

That was pretty good! It felt fresh and I’m really looking forward to seeing more of the Doctor, Bill and Nardole.

So…what’s in the vault?

• WFK DVD Collector 17

April 15th, 2017 - 8:15pm

A step in the right direction. Hope it continues!

April 15th, 2017 - 8:15pm

I loved it, I haven’t enjoyed doctor who like for a long time, tiny cringes here and there at Nardole and ‘bye heather’ but it was very good overall.

• Simon W

April 15th, 2017 - 8:15pm

It was brilliant. I think the best in years from Moffat.

• Mr sandman