November 8th, 2021 16 comments

Doctor Who Flux: Chapter 3: Once, Upon Time – Sunday 14th Nov 6.30PM

Time is beginning to run wild. On a planet that shouldn’t exist, in the aftermath of apocalypse, the Doctor, Dan, Yaz and Vinder face a battle to survive.

The Series 13 Steelbook is now available to order exclusively from www.amazon.co.uk

Please note all news comments are now on permanent moderation (ie they will not appear until checked) and with no guaranteed timescale. We now have a high dependency on filters to try to avoid recent issues which may block (innocent) comments that we might not even see. Comments may also close at any time.

• Coleman

November 20th, 2021 - 11:09am

Theirs a few people in the Dr Who fandom that dislike Jodie Whitaker and don’t like any of the new Stories. I often wonder why they still watch Nu Who when they know they’ll always be bitterly disappointed with the show?

• Doctor Blu

November 19th, 2021 - 12:50pm

Hmmm. 2/10. A convoluted boring mess. Plus way too much talking and exposition.

• Coleman

November 15th, 2021 - 10:29pm

Thanks Doctor Stu.
    Since you mentioned who the Victorian man was I’ve been reading up on Joseph Williamson. Very Strange indeed, it’s a case of fact can be stranger than fiction.

• Jim Allen Johnston

November 15th, 2021 - 6:18pm

well, I’ve been enjoying the episodes this season despite myself. I was half hoping all this Flux storyline was a course correction and they’d just quietly forget about all the awful Timeless Child revelations… but… now, not so much. And though it didnt occur to me while watching, of COURSE the commenters here just have to be correct that these are the Doctors’ parents.

SIIIGGGHH. talk about providing answers to questions we never asked.

Alas, now I will have to hold out hope that RTD just retcons these latest retcons away. Or at least agrees “now let us never speak of this again.”

• Broken Cylon

November 15th, 2021 - 4:16pm

I keep having this recurring dream every Sunday night where I’m a little floating pyramid searching out RTD to ask him “Can You Repair.?”

November 15th, 2021 - 12:12pm

Coleman – he’s Joseph Williamson, he made the Williamson tunnels under Liverpool and nobody knows why. People think it might have just been to give ex prisoners work because nobody else would. So get them to dig for no real reason and make them think they’re doing something useful. So the old blokes a real person. I’m predicting as the tunnels are a mystery they might be used to house something in the past that could be useful in the future to defeat the flux

• Coleman

November 15th, 2021 - 11:00am

I wonder who the old bloke is from Victorian times who keeps appearing.
    I’m sure he’s not just random but will have a big part to play in the Scheme of things.

November 14th, 2021 - 9:35pm

Yet again the tables have turned and me, the one who likes to always give the show the benefit of the doubt just isn’t seeing what everyone else is. I just didn’t like it. Please god don’t say they’re the Doctors parents. I don’t really see how as they both are from a time well after the Doctor but oh god chibnall could do anything. This whole thing just makes me nervous. I feel like there’s a massive storm coming for episode 6 and people are going to absolutely tear into the show worse than after the series 12 finale

• Book collector

November 14th, 2021 - 8:37pm

I have to agree with Coleman about the baby. But the doctor is a time lord, she is the first time lord, the archetype tectum based the new gallifrey on. And I think it may be the baby being exposed to the events of the flux and time breaking loose that change their child’s biology. Creating regeneration. Oh, and I was over the moon one of my favourite actresses turned up. I love Barbara Flynn!

• Coleman

November 14th, 2021 - 7:53pm

I should imagine a few people are thinking the unborn baby is the Doctor?
    After 60 years it would be nice to find out who the Doctor is, who her parents are, and if indeed she isn’t a Timelord, what species is she?

• Bunter

November 14th, 2021 - 7:44pm

Loved it, so much to chew on, going to have to watch it a few times to take it all in. Ruth Doctor! And Vinder is turning out to be quiet show-stealer. Top notch stuff.

• TimelordTim

November 14th, 2021 - 7:39pm

Another good installment. Started off making things more complicated but brought it together well.

Another episode that takes a tangent of sort next week with the Angels looking as scary as ever.

Hopefully episodes 5 and 6 focus more on the Flux event itself and what Swarm and Azure are up to, to bring the series to a satisfying conclusion.

So far, a very enjoyable series but hard to fully rate until we see how it all comes together.

Great to have a cameo from THAT character again, saw that coming in relation to the timing of events but superbly done nonetheless.

• ColinB

November 14th, 2021 - 7:34pm

Production values are excellent.
    Music was also excellent nice to here the ruth doctor theme.
    Story was also good giving us a bit more information of the past
    Looking forward to next week

• Whovian

November 14th, 2021 - 7:25pm

More questions than answers again, but that’s all part of a serialised storyline I suppose

Can tell that the Doctor is becoming more darker by how her attitude is going, which isn’t a bad thing

Some good acting by Jodie, John, Mandip and actor who plays Vinder

But why have I got a bad feeling that the unborn child of the woman and Vinder is a certain TARDIS pilot

• Whorules

November 14th, 2021 - 7:22pm

Wow. Some surprises… daleks… ruth! Some answers we know ruth is the last division doctor now but still a lot of questions. I have suspicion who vinder and belle are… great stuff.

• Coleman

November 14th, 2021 - 5:41pm

Well, I’m looking forward to tonight’s episode anyway.
    That cover for the Steelbook is absolutely stunning. While I’m browsing the net I keep coming across it. I wish it was out now instead of having to wait while January for it to be released.