October 16th, 2021 21 comments

Doctor Who Flux Official Trailer / Screenshots

One epic story. Six thrilling chapters. Doctor Who: Flux premieres 31st October.

• Coleman

October 21st, 2021 - 3:22pm

I keep having really strange thoughts ever since I found out the Doctors new enemy is called the Flux.
    I’m by no means an expert plumber but to save money if anything goes wrong around the house I try to sort it out out myself. Many a time Ive had Flux in the house.
    You need it to make sure the solder runs round copper piping.

• TimelordTim

October 19th, 2021 - 9:29am

Looks great!

I’m one of the few who like the Timeless Child aspect (after all, it’s no different to Cartmel planning on giving 7th more importance in Timelord history before it was cancelled or Hinchcliffe meaning to indicate past Doctors in Morbius), so I hope that moves along a little as well, even if it is mostly saved for the 3 episodes next year.

But Sontarans look brilliant, as do the new monsters and it will hopefully be a brilliant series overall. Looks stunning visually which always helps!

October 18th, 2021 - 4:21pm

It’s like giving the Daleks a brand new voice, or the judoon, or the cybermen, or another classic villain, creature, monster etc. it would be grating. So Silas Carson voicing the ood like he has done for years on tv and in expanded media isn’t exactly an outrageous request,

October 18th, 2021 - 3:58pm

Children of Davros, those are sontaran ships. They’re the same ones as from series 4, sontaran stratagem/ the poison sky. The balls around the edges are the sontaran pods from that same episode and classic who.

• the ergon

October 18th, 2021 - 3:22pm

At least half a dozen of these characters/aliens seem destined for the 210-220 eaglemoss figurine slots.

October 18th, 2021 - 12:21pm

“To be fair, this trailer looks pretty decent, the execution maybe a different story but trailer looks promising.”

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it might, IF good, be said of Chibnall why he didn’t produce something more like that in the first place ?

• Children of davros

October 18th, 2021 - 10:50am

I don’t think it matters if the ood has a different voice.

• Children of davros

October 18th, 2021 - 5:13am

Are those dalek ships? The image after Dan look like the dalek ships in day of the doctor that attack gallifrey

October 17th, 2021 - 10:32pm

I really hope Silas Carson comes back to the voice the Ood if it’s going to talk. I’m getting the same nerves as when the Daleks were coming back in resolution and I was praying Nicholas Briggs would return. I doubt it’ll talk anyway, I’m assuming it’ll just make a cameo appearance, a background servant or Butler to a more important character the trio will have to talk to as part of their quest or something. A bit like Churchill and Silurian Malohkeh in wedding of riversong. Albeit without the speaking

• the ergon

October 16th, 2021 - 8:11pm

I like those skull like aliens with the crystalline in the cheeks, sontarans on horseback and Karnavista looks an interesting race of dogs and guesting we have Robert Bathurst from cold feet in military uniform and kevin Mcnalley who was Mainwaring in the recent dads Army episodes though i,m hoping he doesn,t get lumbered with a script as bad as his Doctor who debut ‘The Twin Dilemma’. For spectacle this trailer ticks all my boxes. I just live in hope they dont convolute the whole thing now.

• Demdike@CultLabs

October 16th, 2021 - 4:20pm

ottoalexander – No, it’s a Karnavista.

• 1

October 16th, 2021 - 4:19pm

• ottoalexander

October 16th, 2021 - 2:27pm

Cheetah people?!

• Coleman

October 16th, 2021 - 1:35pm

Demdike@CultLabs, I noticed that. Whereas Chewbacca is some kind of Space Bear, this is more of a Space Dog. (Their is a clear difference).

• Demdike@CultLabs

October 16th, 2021 - 1:30pm

Love the Karvanista.

It’s basically my dog with a space axe.

• Coleman

October 16th, 2021 - 1:18pm

Looks like it’s going to be amazing. Been watching Dr Who all my life. One Doctor, one TARDIS and a few companions. It’s always the same, but what’s not to like?

October 16th, 2021 - 12:45pm

I’m not so sure. As the only person on planet earth who didn’t have a problem with the timeless child, I wanted and thought this was 6 part series would be the fallout from that reveal. A huge jigsaw puzzle that the Doctor tries to work out and understand her life. With Ruth popping up now and again. But all this looks like it’s a brand new one off threat for this series, it’s own little self contained story. So I don’t think we’ll be seeing Ruth. I’m guessing as there’s definitely plot threads left loose, whether that’ll form jodies last remaining 3 episodes in 2022 and be more or less disregarded for series 13

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

October 16th, 2021 - 12:41pm

Great trailer! Flux looks truly epic. I’m very excited. Here’s hoping the Whittaker/Chibnall era will end on a high note.

• Bunter

October 16th, 2021 - 11:36am

That looks superb, they’ve really worked their budget hard. The Chewbacca-like creature a touch iffy, maybe…? But if you’re into Classic Who then it should be in your DNA to overlook these things, I know I do. Let’s be honest, there are some folk who will already have written this off and are waiting to move back into what they hope is a nostalgic refit, because “things were better in the old days”. It’ll get ripped no matter how good it is. My main hope is they really put 13 through the mill in this and the specials, and that they really let Jodie fly. No sign of the Ruth Doctor there, but you can be sure she’s on the the way.

• silver dalek

October 16th, 2021 - 11:25am

This looks so good.

And is that an Ood child?

October 16th, 2021 - 11:18am

Actually a really nice trailer, budget looks good, cgi amazing, sontaran ships look beautiful and real. New creatures look amazing. Only issue was the sontaran head just doesn’t look very good, very stiff and classic looking as in cheaply put together. But I’m hoping that’ll change when it talks and is actually in motion. The ood from the trailer also looked really abysmal, as if a 15 year old, prototype prop had just been swiped immediately from a prop room and plonked over somebody’s head. BUT in the promotional images underneath it does actually look a lot better.

The weeping angels as well, I might be wrong but they look very ‘proppy’ at the minute. As in the motionless ones they flung into hell bent or god complex when they just needed a tiny cameo. I hope they stick with people in angel suits as there’s always a clear noticeable difference between the two