January 7th, 2014 242 comments

Filming for series 8 of ‪Doctor Who‬ has begun

Filming for series 8 of ‪Doctor Who has begun. Below is the first official photo of Peter Capaldi on set with Jenna Coleman.

doctor-who-series-8

• Imma Timelord

January 10th, 2014 - 4:42pm

Quite true. All the companions are female, (like myself) and its getting pretty BORING.

• TC200

January 10th, 2014 - 4:35pm

I think the doctor should have a boy companion like adric

• Dalek sec

January 10th, 2014 - 3:58am

Keep the TARDIS interior, but have a new exterior. Also i would love to see the sea devils return.

• CyberGuy500

January 10th, 2014 - 12:10am

I love this TARDIS and I really like the current titles.

• MaxP

January 9th, 2014 - 10:09pm

I’d love to sea a big epic invasion from below by the Sea Devils and Silurians, trying to reclaim their world, or at least a country.

• 100000BC

January 9th, 2014 - 7:14pm

I think the Raston robot has huge potential with modern CGI.

• Gallifrey Falls No More

January 9th, 2014 - 5:16pm

Duh… they are!!

• Gallifrey Falls No More

January 9th, 2014 - 5:12pm

Matt Smith’s Series 5-6 TARDIS was the main one, the one toys and playsets were made of. The newest one was made because they couldn’t get the old one in the new studios. Peter Capaldi is almost definately keeping this TARDIS.

It was updated for the 50th Anniversary as well, with a new floor and lighting.

• MasterKasterborous

January 9th, 2014 - 4:39pm

It was his 106th

• MasterKasterborous

January 9th, 2014 - 4:38pm

We’ve just had a new TARDIS!

• poobar73

January 9th, 2014 - 4:06pm

I want sea devils and axons to return and a new male companion and Jon Pertwee like costume with cloak and new titles (this time make them good!)
    And new TARDIS

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 9th, 2014 - 4:00pm

I’m sure they will 😉

• Bring on Capaldi!!!

January 9th, 2014 - 3:47pm

I would really like the 12th Doctor and Clara find Gallifrey this time!

• Obsie

January 9th, 2014 - 3:25pm

Well said! Since Capaldi has been a lifelong fan of the show, I have a strong feeling that he will rebel against any form of pantomime portrayal. I love the way each Doctor seems to scorn his former sartorial choices and stamps his own unique style on a long established character. There nothing wrong with a bit of freshness.

• Dalek the Supreme

January 9th, 2014 - 1:57pm

I see you’re point, just remember, every good Doctor differs from his predecessor, and I’m sure Capaldi is no exception, not just in age, but in dress sense. I doubt he’ll have the weakness for hats that Matt’s Doctor did.

January 9th, 2014 - 9:05am

so far both capaldi and Coleman have only signed up to the end of series 8 but all could change

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 9th, 2014 - 8:15am

Don’t believe everything you read.

• Obsie

January 9th, 2014 - 12:43am

I take your point, but TOO much was made of it and it began to grate. Like snow, it’s nice for a while but loses it’s novelty as it goes on. Interesting to note Patrick Troughton’s “stove pipe” and Jon Pertwee’s (“Spearhead from…”) were soon lost somewhere along the way. It’s only a personal feeling ,I don’t want an Act of Parliament banning them altogether, just a little less please.

• CG

January 9th, 2014 - 12:23am

I heard or read somewhere that Jenna’s contract expires after the end of series 8. Does anyone think she will stay longer (I personally hope so).

• Gallifrey Will Rise Again

January 8th, 2014 - 11:52pm

I’d love to see the master, davros, the whisper men (not as the great intelligence though), the celestial toymaker, the sycorax, and at a push the trickster from the sja (still has so much potential).

• Dalek the Supreme

January 8th, 2014 - 11:10pm

I noticed Matt Smith’s trousers in The Impossible Astronaut looked like blue jeans while watching the commentary for the episode, while in Series 5 his trousers were clearly black, and I mentioned how the boots were possibly the same. Also, if you notice, he wears a greyish blue bow tie in Series 7B, but a burgundy red or a dark blue one in Series 5. Also, he switched the suspenders for a vest in Series 7B

I did also mention how the idea that he may wear Matt Smith’s costume since it’s completely different from the first is a far-fetched argument a best, and even mentioned how Tom Baker as well as Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann had completely different costumes in their respective regeneration stories.

• Dalek the Supreme

January 8th, 2014 - 11:04pm

Sea Devils would be interesting, Autons are awesome-tons, and a story where Strax is forced to confront his Sontaran brethren would be an enjoyable moral dilemma that I’m sure many fans would appreciate, and I’d personally love an episode with the Master and Rassilon, but I’d rather not see the fart-joke Slitheen again, and the Kandyman is dead, and works as a (Surprisingly threatening) one-off villain.

• Dalek the Supreme

January 8th, 2014 - 11:00pm

There’s nothing wrong with a hat. While Matt Smith’s Doctor did have a bit of an amusing quirk regarding hats, the Fourth, Fifth, and Seventh Doctors all consistently wore hats without making much of it.

• Obsie

January 8th, 2014 - 9:51pm

Now that would be unlikely. You’ll start thinking that Police Boxes are Time Machines next!

• Obsie

January 8th, 2014 - 9:02pm

I meant “good” not God. This what happens when hats get involved!

• Obsie

January 8th, 2014 - 9:00pm

Please, please!!! Don’t anyone let him wear a hat. I started cringing every time Matt wore one. No more gimmick things regarding hats! I will have seek help.
    As for pony tails; what you do in your spare time is your own business. Too much info for the rest of us, don’t start copying David Tennant he has VERY god reason to have one.

• The Holographic Doctor

January 8th, 2014 - 7:40pm

Have you forgot the Fez , The Stetson , The top hat and the bowler at. They may have been one offs but the 11th Doctor loved his hats

• BUY Me

January 8th, 2014 - 7:28pm

william hartnell would have been 108 today

• darylcharles

January 8th, 2014 - 7:05pm

I’d love to see Davros and the Daleks in the final episode and maybe the Time Lords too!

• matt9982