January 7th, 2014 242 comments

Filming for series 8 of ‪Doctor Who‬ has begun

Filming for series 8 of ‪Doctor Who has begun. Below is the first official photo of Peter Capaldi on set with Jenna Coleman.

doctor-who-series-8

• Lauren Cooper

January 12th, 2014 - 8:03am

maybe a bit of each doctor- 4th scarf, 7th hat, 11th bow tie and the …………..FEZ!!!

• Lauren Cooper

January 12th, 2014 - 7:56am

For everyone that doesn’t know peter also play in the
    ‘fires of Pompeii’ as the father, Caeilius andKaren Gillan played as one of the Soothsayers! funny!

• Lauren Cooper

January 12th, 2014 - 7:43am

damn no fez I am bovvered!! 🙁

• Lauren Cooper

January 12th, 2014 - 7:42am

damn no bow tie! I am bovvered!! 🙁

• Gman

January 12th, 2014 - 12:14am

let’s have the doctor travel back to the big bang or into a black hole. Just a thought.

• BadgerCo

January 11th, 2014 - 10:12pm

I would like to see, not in this series but in some future Capaldi series, the crack is spitting out stuff from the Time War. I’m thinking The Master, Daleks, The Rani, and some other ‘unseen’ aliens that could’ve been invloved in the Time War?

• DALEKSKITTLES

January 11th, 2014 - 9:59pm

I like your theory, but it’s just a bit repetitive, kinda repating the whole thing again, I’m hoping they will go for a new fresh story, but I like your theory 🙂

• darylcharles

January 11th, 2014 - 9:25pm

This is my theory for series 8 – let me know what you think.

There are hints of Gallifray returns (perhaps the crack in time will once more re-appear) but also signs that all is not what it should be – perhaps the crack is getting considerably smaller.

Then at the end of the series we see both the Time Lords and the Daleks return along with Davros. They have discovered Gallifrays location and plan to either destroy it for good or start the Time War anew.

The Doctor will have to make an impossible decision – allow the Time War to start all over again or destroy both his home world and the Time Lords for ever and wipe out the Daleks with them.

• DALEKSKITTLES

January 11th, 2014 - 9:19pm

I want to see NO daleks they’ve been overused or if they are gonna bring them back, they should make new better daleks! I’m so sick of seeing the time war daleks, their design is boring now and there’s nothing new or exciting with them anymore

January 11th, 2014 - 9:17pm

Thanks

January 11th, 2014 - 8:43pm

fantastic theory I hope that happends

January 11th, 2014 - 8:27pm

I Have a theory about his regeneration cycle is that his emotions are locked to each regeneration, and now the cycle is reset, he could go through all of his personalities again. This means that Capaldi would end up similar to the first Doctor. He could be grumpy and old like the first but maybe more energetic and lively. Hidden beneath the tough exterior could be a loving man with passion burning through his heart. It would be a clever use of the idea of the cycle being reset but it also means that the personalities of the Doctor would become predictable. This could end up making regeneration a little less exiting when we know how the Doctor will act

• matt9982

January 11th, 2014 - 5:30pm

Well it would explain the reason for filming the 1st ep FIRST

• Matt Smithy

January 11th, 2014 - 11:38am

I just want to see his costume now! hopefully sometime this month…

• Luke

January 11th, 2014 - 9:38am

Can’t wait to see Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor!

• Capaldi

January 11th, 2014 - 7:42am

Seeing John Hurt as the Doctor again would be good

• Capaldi

January 11th, 2014 - 7:41am

We could hope that’s what we are getting in series 8, because it would be nice to see the celestial toymaker because the episode (well some of it)is missing.

• Hector Sandler

January 11th, 2014 - 1:28am

He first older man since Jon Pertwee. I seen him in Chandler & Co a Private Detective series. He was in a Emma movie one Jane Austin novels. He was nasty Villain which he took out a Police detective wife in Thief Takers. The guy who play Charlie Scott should do villain maybe the next master to get him back for it.

• Obsie

January 10th, 2014 - 11:35pm

I assume that some of you are not old enough to have BEEN there when Adric was around. Believe me there are lots of fans who would recoil at such a thought. I am also aware that some would defend his presence. To be honest my blood runs cold at the suggestion; unless they stumble across someone who is parsec removed from a character like his.

January 10th, 2014 - 11:00pm

What I want to see is
    The Master
    New TARDIS Exterior
    Omega
    The Rani
    Gallifrey and the Time Lords Again!
    Ice Warriors
    A seriesous Sontaran Story!
    More of the Cybermen
    The Celestial Toymaker (think that’s how you spell it)
    Zygons
    Davros

January 10th, 2014 - 10:51pm

*Time War

January 10th, 2014 - 10:50pm

Not Warner War, The Chlonicles of the The Time Warner! Stupid Tablet

January 10th, 2014 - 10:48pm

No they should be The Chlonicles of the Time Warner with Paul McGann and John Hurt

• Capaldi

A New Compnion
    References to older companions
    an extra episode
    A NEW STORYLINE

• Capaldi

January 10th, 2014 - 9:25pm

Who thinks it would be a good idea to have a spin-off with David Bradley as The First Doctor set before An Unearthly Child Titled. Doctor Who: Before It All Began

January 10th, 2014 - 5:52pm

Like The Master says from The End of Time “He sure loves playing with Earth Girls!”

January 10th, 2014 - 5:26pm

no he would be signed for one contract because what if he got through his one series and everone hated him they have got see how he gets on a decide if they should keep him or not

so yes so far capaldi will only be signed on for one sereis

January 10th, 2014 - 5:21pm

Capaldi won’t be on a one year contract, after Eccelston they wouldn’t let Tenannt or Smith sign up for just one series so I’d assume the same applies for Capaldi.

Companions though are normally year by year though so it’s all up to her.

January 10th, 2014 - 4:43pm