January 7th, 2014 242 comments

Filming for series 8 of ‪Doctor Who‬ has begun

Filming for series 8 of ‪Doctor Who has begun. Below is the first official photo of Peter Capaldi on set with Jenna Coleman.

doctor-who-series-8

• DrWhoTwins

January 20th, 2014 - 8:39pm

Happy Birthday Tom Baker!

• Sebatron

January 20th, 2014 - 8:19pm

Happy Birthday, Tom!!!

• Obsie

January 20th, 2014 - 3:58pm

Wow! didn’t realise. Many Happy Returns to TOM BAKER!!!! Thank you for making my time in the 1970’s a richer, happy and brilliant place to be!

• 100000BC

January 20th, 2014 - 3:35pm

Yes, a very happy 80th Birthday to Doctor no. 4!

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 20th, 2014 - 9:04am

Just cos it’s the awesome man’s big day –

HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY TOM BAKERRRR !!!! 😀

• The Other

January 19th, 2014 - 8:23pm

(Formerly The Ultimate Doctor)
    Let’s do it!
    None can defeat THE WHOVIANS!!
    BWHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
    (ahem… Cough)

January 19th, 2014 - 8:08pm

Hope it’s indeed more out with Timey Wimey and obsession with things like Fezzes and in with a more serious and focused Doctor like Jon Pertwee.Though the brief scene we saw of Peter Capaldi in the 50th special reminded me of 80’s comedian Phil Cool impersonating an Atlantean in Stingray.

Dont suppose we’ll see any Venussian Karate being used? Surey every incarnation of the Doctor beside the third should be able to exhibit that physical skill?

• RYCBAR123

January 19th, 2014 - 7:00pm

Would like to see a reappearance of Jenny though :3

• RYCBAR123

January 19th, 2014 - 6:57pm

Why don’t us Whovians just keep calling it Gallifrey and making petitions until they do?! There’s plenty of us! 😀

• da!

January 18th, 2014 - 10:05pm

Booboo

I emailed the site the other day with a suggestion but i’ve never had a reply. Could you tell me of you’ve had the email?

• Doctor hooves

January 18th, 2014 - 6:03am

I first thought the new Doctor was going to bad but now
    but now I think I might like the new Doctor

• TheIronLAD

January 17th, 2014 - 9:56pm

I really think its just them re using the same chair. Sorry to be boring but I don’t think Jenny and Oswin are linked :S

• The Ultimate Doctor

January 17th, 2014 - 9:47pm

I even signed the petition!
    Utterly boring, narrow minded, KILLJOYS!!!
    🙁

• The Ultimate Doctor

January 17th, 2014 - 9:44pm

Hey guys!
    another name change!
    From
    “The Gold Guardian”
    to
    “The Ultimate Doctor”
    😉

• The Gold Guardian

January 17th, 2014 - 9:37pm

No, it was MOFFAT who turned it into a childrens show, Matt was just the unfortunate actor who was The Doctor at the time!! (and a damn fine one too may I add)
    BTW I was formerly The Gold Guardian!
    😉

• Gallifrey Falls No More

January 17th, 2014 - 8:59pm

Over 250 stories, over 700 episodes, what’s wrong with a bit of classic? After all, it was just the 50th Anniversary.

January 17th, 2014 - 4:16pm

blimey!

• dalek galt

January 17th, 2014 - 8:17am

r.i.p

• Fiona Ting

January 16th, 2014 - 10:51pm

I hope series 8 is very good year this year with new actor took over matt Smith

• Scott’s TARDIS

January 16th, 2014 - 7:43pm

Sorry, but for me it was 11 who turned it into a kiddies show.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 16th, 2014 - 7:06pm

Bit of a kick in the teeth for us Doctor Who fan’s today.

A planet that was discovered last year called ‘HD 106906 b’ which is said to look like Gallifrey will sadly not be renamed Gallifrey after a Doctor Who fan Sam Manhennet did an online petition to have it renamed Gallifrey, but sadly the IAU [International Astronomical Union] won’t change the name to Gallifrey.

KILL JOYS 😛

• DALEKSKITTKES

January 16th, 2014 - 5:44pm

Woops ment IMDb

• DALEKSKITTLES

January 16th, 2014 - 5:43pm

Guys, I was IMBD the other day (if you don’t know it it’s a film data base) and I wanted to check out the film “world war Z” so I was looking at the cast and noticed Peter Capaldi was in it, and played a W.H.O doctor!!! 😛 pretty cool right!? he’s been been a who doctor and a doctor who!

• DALEKSKITTLES

January 16th, 2014 - 5:39pm

R.I.P Roger Lloyd-Pack you made a great cyber controller! And will be remember by everyone as the amazing actor you are! 🙁

January 16th, 2014 - 3:27pm

R.I.P Cyber Controller. You will be deleting in a better place 🙁 What a shame that such a great person is gone…

• Dalek the Supreme

January 16th, 2014 - 12:35am

I’ve noticed a fun thing about the Eleventh Doctor’s regeneration as well as a sad thing.
    The fun thing is that the Eleventh Doctor went out as he lived: breaking the rules.
    The sad thing is that even though it was in his timeline Gallifrey was saved, that incarnation never lived long enough to see it saved.

• Dalek the Supreme

January 16th, 2014 - 12:32am

I would like to see a series about John Hurt’s Doctor, but if they couldn’t fit him into a spin-off series, I would have no objections to him join the Big Finish Doctors.

• Dalek the Supreme

January 16th, 2014 - 12:27am

Many fans have gotten upset at how often the line has been used. While I consider the bow tie a fundamental part of the Eleventh Doctor’s fashion sense and believe the costume just wouldn’t look right without a bow tie, it would be more suitable for the next Doctor to have a different main costume piece. For Tom Baker, it was a scarf, for Peter Davison, it was a celery stick, and for Matt Smith, it was a bow tie. As for Peter Capaldi, we’ll see.

• BUY Me

January 15th, 2014 - 6:46pm

and blue

• BUY Me

January 15th, 2014 - 6:43pm

or ian or steven or ben or the brig or benton or yates or harry or adric or turlough or adam or jack