November 29th, 2020 26 comments

Revolution of the Daleks New Years Day 2021 + Trailer

The Thirteenth Doctor and the fam will kick-off 2021 with an action-packed spectacular episode entitled Revolution of the Daleks.

The festive special episode will see a host of exciting guest artists including previously announced John Barrowman MBE who will be reprising his role as Captain Jack Harkness alongside Chris Noth who will be back as the disgraced Jack Robertson.

Star of the stage and screen Dame Harriet Walter will also be making her Doctor Who debut for the festive special alongside television star Nathan Stewart-Jarrett who has recently appeared in The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Viewers last saw the Thirteenth Doctor at the end of series 12 where her fate was left hanging in the balance as she was locked away in a high-security alien prison with no hope of escape. In the upcoming festive special, Yaz, Ryan and Graham are far away on Earth and having to carry on with their lives without her. However they soon discover a disturbing plan forming. A plan which involves a Dalek. How can you fight a Dalek without the Doctor? Even with Captain Jack’s help, the gang are set to face one of their biggest and most frightening challenges yet…

• Kone112

January 6th, 2021 - 7:33pm

After watching for 30 years i knew The show was finished when mat Smith started playing football and James corden was babysitting.

• Anon

January 1st, 2021 - 9:08pm

Sorry to say that this was the worse episode I have ever watched! The show has gone from adventures to exploring feelings, moaning and learning to ride bikes! The sidekicks are awful, moody and needy not at all like the vibrant past ones.
    I’ve been a fan since day one, but dont know how long I can keep watching, bring back the weeping Angel’s!!

December 23rd, 2020 - 11:05am

Love the “Your Future Is In Safe Hands” promo for the “Drone” that’s dropped today.

All it needed at the end was “I’m Jack Robertson and I approve of this message”.

December 19th, 2020 - 10:47pm

I think that so-called fans who are overly critical and negative just can’t be fans at all. Keep finding fault and running the programme down and eventually they will stop trying in vain to please you and axe the programme completely. I think I’ve made my point clear, yes?

• Dalek Eye Stalk

December 9th, 2020 - 2:25pm

I don’t see anything appealing just having the Doctor and Yaz travelling in the Tardis throughout series 13. Bradley Walsh as Graham was the only character in the show that made the current series watchable.

• Chris Howarth

December 7th, 2020 - 11:43am

If this turns out to be Chibnall’s all time greatest ever script, it will still be, at best, a bog-standard Doctor Who episode. That’s why I can’t work up much enthusiasm for it.

December 2nd, 2020 - 7:59pm

Jacks fine, millions of people love him. And Chibnall made a lone Dalek more threatening in 60 seconds than Moffat managed to in over 7 years so I think the Daleks are fine in his hands

December 2nd, 2020 - 6:54pm

Bradley Walsh is leaving, now that saddens me as he alone is the only positive of the main cast whilst Jodie tries and fails to even be a half decent Doctor, we can only hope she will go after the next season or sooner!
    At least we know somewhere out there Jo Martin’s Doctor is around to steal any scenes she is in from Jodie’s damp squib.

I am looking forward to this special though, would love to know more about the timeless child.
    No doubt the Daleks will be less of a threat as they once were were, Captain Jack is back unfortunately but at least it’s only a one off with any luck.

Long live the Doctor (just not the current one)

December 1st, 2020 - 3:15pm

That’s not a new look TARDIS, it’s the one they used to escape Gallifrey in the timeless child. It’s disguised as a house currently. The Doctors Tardis still looks the same

• Mick C

December 1st, 2020 - 12:42pm

No comments on the new look for the TARDIS @ 0.15-0.20, mmm can’t say I’m overly in love with it.

December 1st, 2020 - 12:39pm

Echoing what Sonic Monkey says regarding the casting I’m otherwise hoping to extract at least something that’s decent Dalek and that is relatively Chibnall damage proof.

As far as the “Timeless Child” is concerned my mind still refuses to reconcile it with the whole series premise as I had hitherto ever conceived of it.

• The Sonic Monkey

December 1st, 2020 - 12:22pm

This looks promising, good to see Captain Jack back.
    Unfortunately though, while ever they have this impostor Doctor it will never be great again. Just replace her with a better actor male or female, just someone better.

December 1st, 2020 - 2:05am

Does on closer look look like their cultivating living Daleks for their “Drone” casings but if their based on Kaled and not genetically engineered Earth human DNA (which would make Robertson worse than Hitler) why, as well as eventually obeying the Dalek imperative of accepting no other beings as superior, if the Skaro Daleks are actually genetically their own kin wouldn’t they mutually recognise each other as Dalek and the Earth Daleks be automatically accepted to be integrated by the Skaro Daleks into the rest of the Dalek race ?

• whovian

December 1st, 2020 - 12:57am

I’m not sure what to make of the trailer to be honest, but won’t pass judgement until it has aired and I have watched it.

And if recent announcements are anything to go by, then I really hope that the door is left open for Graham to make cameos in the future (Pun not intended) and that the monotone and wooden Ryan Sinclair is finally exterminated by the iconic Daleks: Unfortunate for Graham and co, a plus for a lot of us viewers

It’s a rarity for me to not like a companion, but jeez, I’ve seen better acting in old, B-movie horror films

And I also think that the scene showing the multiple aliens/creatures that are in those holding cell areas, has a Weeping Angel in the area behind the Doctor

November 30th, 2020 - 1:10am

Looked like a pting, weeping angel, couple of cybermen, the coil from her first ever episode, a skithra and then there’s an alien with one of the reused miscellaneous heads from rings of akhaten/end of time/magicians apprentice etc. whenever they just need a bunch of random aliens.

• Judooning

November 29th, 2020 - 10:57pm

I’m trying to see if there’s any familiar aliens in that prison scene. Anyone make anything out?

• the ergon

November 29th, 2020 - 10:37pm

Chris Noth is back from Arachnids. Can,t wait to see how far up the political spectrum he has ascended. And a new Prime minister it seems.

• THE MOFFAT PARADOX

November 29th, 2020 - 8:40pm

AH!! So it appears this much has been officially let out of the bag in the trailer.

Their drones created by the MDZ Research company seen in “Resolution” owned by the Trump inspired Jack Robertson which implies the casing might be purely robotic/AI as the living Dalek (unless MDZ had any tissue samples for cloning; maybe from GCHQ ?) might not be inside.

They seem to be running amok instead of acting like massively upgraded security drones doing their human masters bidding whether or not their organically REAL Daleks (as Davros discovered these creations cant be controlled) and it would appear that Skaro’s finest themselves turn up and are not amused.

CLEANSE THE UNCLEAN. TOTAL OBLITERATION. DISINTIGRATE!!!

WE ARE THE TRUE DALEKS!!!

• TimelordTim

November 29th, 2020 - 8:13pm

Looks intriguing and exciting. I quite like the Tron-style Daleks but will be best seeing them in context.

Really enjoyed Jodie’s second series (first series was decent as well, but the second series really came together) and this will hopefully continue the trend.

November 29th, 2020 - 7:54pm

Well just watch it first and then see if it’s the same level. Don’t write it off completely yet. This trailer does make me think that hopefully the new Dalek design is a one off though which is good.

And also I hate people who do the whole ‘that one yellow grain of sand looks identical to bad wolf bay does this mean Rose is coming back? Level of speculation and over reaching BUT in the prison scenes it looked like some kind of weeping angel, pting and cybermen looking things were walking about. Might see a few cameos

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

November 29th, 2020 - 7:51pm

Awesome trailer! I hope the episode itself lives up to it.

• Dalek Supreme with Extra Cheese

November 29th, 2020 - 7:50pm

I’m going to temper my expectations, but this is quite a good trailer. I’m glad it seems they remembered more to Jack’s character than just horny. If these Daleks are some kind of Human creation, or something like the Ironsides, I’m a lot more interested.

November 29th, 2020 - 7:47pm

Wish it would go back to Xmas day. It’s so hard to concentrate with a hangover

• The Master

November 29th, 2020 - 7:43pm

I like the look of that ! Daley’s in Downing Street ! Dalek’s look goodgreat way to start New Years Day !

November 29th, 2020 - 7:41pm

I know this is negative but I still think this is gonna be the same level of Doctor Who we’ve had with Chibnall so far. I’d love having Jack back to make a difference but he’s just gonna be a reminder of better times. I’m not all that excited

November 29th, 2020 - 7:37pm

This actually looks good!