October 31st, 2021 39 comments

Doctor Who Flux: Chapter 1: The Halloween Apocalypse – 31st Oct 6:25pm

On Halloween, all across the universe, terrifying forces are stirring. From the Arctic Circle to deep space, an ancient evil is breaking free. And in present-day Liverpool, the life of Dan Lewis is about to change forever. Why is the Doctor on the trail of the fearsome Karvanista? And what is the Flux?

The Series 13 Steelbook is now available to order exclusively from www.amazon.co.uk

• TheOneWhoMonstersHaveNightmaresAbout

November 7th, 2021 - 6:32pm

To be honest this will probably make sense when we have seen all the episodes.

As of now too much too soon.

November 6th, 2021 - 1:59pm

2/10

• Pentallian

November 2nd, 2021 - 11:49am

Dialogue and soundtrack mixing was awful. I don’t want to struggle to decipher what’s being said by the doctor, I’m not at a night club. Very de jar vous at times and too frantic. Really hoping for improvement. I so want it to be good.

• Pentallian

November 2nd, 2021 - 11:43am

I wanted to enjoy this, but something no-one has mentioned, I believe, was how the sound levels spoiled things. Okay, it was frantic, but when I have to struggle to translate what the doctor was saying because the soundtrack was drowning her out, that was wrong. I may as well been trying to have a deep and meaningful conversation stood in front of the DJ’s speakers at a night club. It really spoiled things for me. A poor film falls back on it’s soundtrack to compensate. I’m not saying anything was poor other than the mixing of the dialogue with soundtrack was amateur.
    I also struggled to find it original, too many de jar vous moments. Hoping it picks up.

November 2nd, 2021 - 10:24am

What scenes from the stolen earth? I’ve obviously missed some parallels. There’s absolutely nothing I can think of that this episode and stolen earth have in common

• Kone112

November 2nd, 2021 - 9:41am

Imagine having the special fx of today with the classic doctors of 1-8 .
    The show of today is so unwatchable terrible stories, terrible doctor , terrible assistants….where did it all go wrong?

November 2nd, 2021 - 1:06am

mark

“Can’t wait for regeneration back to a male Doctor.”

Even if RTD is coming back don’t get your hopes up too much about that Mark I’m afraid.

• Trenzalore

November 1st, 2021 - 4:21pm

I thought it was ok, as a set up of a larger story it felt exciting, it isn’t a classic or anything but compared to other Chibnall stories its one of the better/ more memorable ones. Dan is fine, he’s kind, he smiles a lot, we get it, he’d fit right into the cast of Balamory. God forbid we have a character who is maybe just a little bit selfish now and then (as we all are). There was definitely too much happening, i think it could have been told in a more simple way that would have helped the pacing, i find it frustrating that its literally their job to write tv so you would expect them to be good at these sorts of things. I also find the reliance on past themes strange, such as the vortex in the TARDIS console, 10s hammer, the weeping angels. Much of the episode seemed to take exact scenes from the stolen earth and put them here, except with stolen earth we had many episodes of buildup which made it better. Overall it was pretty questionable but still fun to watch with some scary parts.

November 1st, 2021 - 3:22pm

You might have a long wait Mark. It’s almost 100% guaranteed the next Doctor is going to be another woman. And to be fair I didn’t notice much sonic reliance, everything it did in this episode wasn’t really out of the realms of possibility. hacking things, locking the guys weapon, scanning, etc. pretty standard stuff