Tardis Sound Heard at Olympic Opening

Something “Doctor Who” at Olympic opening ceremony

The Tardis engines were briefly heard at the Olympic opening ceremony. Newspapers had reported the theme tune was on a list due to played at the event which evidently was untrue.

However videos taken by the public show that a montage of The Doctors was shown on a big screen at rehearsals.

Recorded TV Videos of the Tardis sound have been blocked.

Last updated: July 24th, 2012 | 201 comments

201 Responses to :
Tardis Sound Heard at Olympic Opening

1 2 3

1. Posted by: Commander Strax Reply

August 12th, 2012 - 3:58pm

Hopefully there will be more tonight in the closing cermony. I heard that it will be all about british music, so we could hear the theme tune!

• Posted by: Give me a Dalek any day

August 12th, 2012 - 6:38pm

Let’s hope so! :D

2. Posted by: Desariella Reply

August 1st, 2012 - 11:42pm

Hey guys, I need a favour. I’m working on a DOCTOR WHO fan-fic and would like your feedback.

It is called “The Aresian Saga”. (I tried to post a link put can’t, so please google the name.)

Thanks.

• Posted by: The Doctor

August 2nd, 2012 - 12:34am

I’ve read it and love it. You should all read it. You’ll really like it.

3. Posted by: Fox Mulder Reply

August 1st, 2012 - 4:24am

New trailer thursday ?

• Posted by: Don’t diss the Sonic!!!

August 1st, 2012 - 2:46pm

Yeah, there’s an “Original British Drama” trailer for Doctor Who on Thursday at 8pm but they’re putting it on the official website in the morning. :)

4. Posted by: Spacr Fish Reply

July 30th, 2012 - 11:07am

Isn’t this obvious! It was the doctor travelling back in time to prevent himself from carrying the Olympic torch because Donna would see the Doctor and her mind would burn!!!

• Posted by: crazy guy

July 31st, 2012 - 10:16am

lol good thinking

• Posted by: Doug

August 4th, 2012 - 4:08pm

Thank you – I now feel satisfied with why the Doctor wasn’t there :)

5. Posted by: the astronaut of death Reply

July 30th, 2012 - 9:41am

this is a bit off the article but

to all people out there who hate the new pangariam daleks

moffat has tesed they have had some work done on them

• Posted by: The Casterline

August 12th, 2012 - 8:17pm

hopefuly involving some tnt

• Posted by: DarthTall

August 28th, 2012 - 11:11pm

Either that or liposuction.

6. Posted by: Doctordredd67 Reply

July 29th, 2012 - 8:59pm

I missed it and am very dissapointed that we got 4 bars of the Tardis noise. You could barely hear it.

Maybe there will be more in the closing ceremony??

7. Posted by: Doc 11 Reply

July 29th, 2012 - 8:19pm

OMG!

8. Posted by: T4RD1S Reply

July 29th, 2012 - 7:39pm

I HEARD THIS TOO OMG

9. Posted by: Sydney Reply

July 28th, 2012 - 11:14pm

I was watching it with my family (I’m the only one who watches Doctor Who) and I jump up from the couch I was laying on and yell “THAT WAS THE TARDIS” so my sister rewound it, I pointed it out, and they said it was just the song but NO I WAS RIGHT I KNOW THE TARDIS WHEN I HEAR IT.

• Posted by: Jana Rose

July 29th, 2012 - 6:03pm

I did the exact same thing!! The fastest I’ve moved in a long time when I heard the tardis! To bad they didn’t do more about it though.

• Posted by: Sebatron

July 30th, 2012 - 3:57am

Me Too!

• Posted by: alex

August 1st, 2012 - 9:58pm

I heard it and did not say anything thought i was mad.

• Posted by: Commander Strax

August 12th, 2012 - 4:00pm

I heard it too.

10. Posted by: TheMaster Reply

July 28th, 2012 - 10:40pm

On the video when it goes to the crowd people are wearing 3d glasses trying to spot void ‘stuff’, maybe the daleks and the cybermen

• Posted by: Desariella

July 28th, 2012 - 10:56pm

Maybe.

11. Posted by: Fiz Reply

July 28th, 2012 - 5:42pm

I know one thing: there’s still the CLOSING Ceremony.

• Posted by: Anonymous

July 28th, 2012 - 9:16pm

you meen the opening ceremony

• Posted by: Liz

July 28th, 2012 - 10:01pm

EXACTLY. I won’t be too upset if it doesn’t happen though… but just the sound of the TARDIS is a good enough nod that I can be happy.

• Posted by: Desariella

July 28th, 2012 - 10:56pm

That’s what I said earlier. Or maybe if there is a DVD release of the Opening Ceremonies they will include a special extended version.

A lot of work went into those opening ceremonies. They were great. I really hope they do release a DVD version.

• Posted by: goukisan

August 8th, 2012 - 8:20pm

no mr anonymous…he didnt “meen” opening..he MEANT closing.

• Posted by: goukisan

August 8th, 2012 - 8:22pm

Desa….how can their be an extended version????????????????????????????????? What was cut was cut they didnt go redo it and film it to release it later… So things like the Dr Who segment getting cut arent going to miraculously appear in an extended version. You can tell movies from real right?

• Posted by: Commander Strax

August 12th, 2012 - 4:03pm

On amazon you can pre order a bbc olymic dvd which includes all ceremonys.

12. Posted by: Ana Reply

July 28th, 2012 - 5:30pm

Oh, I didn’t hear it because the mexican commentators wouldn’t shut up :(

• Posted by: Anonymous

July 28th, 2012 - 6:43pm

So are the russian….) damn

• Posted by: Alejandra

July 28th, 2012 - 7:06pm

lolol so true! They were literally describing everything that was going on!

• Posted by: Anonymous

July 28th, 2012 - 7:12pm

I know right! I found out about the TARDIS noise through tumblr. The commentators wouldn’t shut up!

• Posted by: Some bloke

July 28th, 2012 - 9:56pm

I watched that bit, but I think I was too busy trying to sing along with bohemian rhapsody. LOL

• Posted by: Fox Moldur

July 29th, 2012 - 9:54am

It thought they were french

• Posted by: Katie

July 31st, 2012 - 8:54am

Lol @ Fox Moldur there’s different commentators for each country. That’s why you heard French ones and Ana heard Mexican ones and the Anon post heard Russian ones and I heard Ryan Seacrest (American.) That way everyone can understand it in their own language and stuff.

13. Posted by: Desariella Reply

July 28th, 2012 - 4:25pm

I too wish the whole thing had of been shown. But at least we got to hear the TARDIS.

Maybe the Daleks will crash the games? Or maybe Doctor Who will have a presence at the Closing Ceremonies.

1 2 3