November 4th, 2018 183 comments

Poll – What Did You Think of The Tsuranga Conundrum?

Now that the fifth episode of series 11 has aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

“Risk to life: absolute.”

Injured and stranded in the wilds of a far-flung galaxy, The Doctor, Yaz, Graham and Ryan must band together with a group of strangers to survive against one of the universe’s most deadly — and unusual — creatures.

• the ergon

November 5th, 2018 - 12:38am

If you enjoy it then thats all that matters.

• the ergon

November 5th, 2018 - 12:33am

On a less serious note i have to say i,m finding the ‘Will they won,t they’ fistbump scenes between Ryan and graeme quite riveting.

November 4th, 2018 - 10:49pm

Upchuck. I was thinking the exact same thing

• Tim M

November 4th, 2018 - 10:31pm

I think you mean ‘down there’ with any story from 1987. Although I’d much rather watch ‘Paradise Towers’ again than watch ‘The Tsuranga Conundrum’ again.

November 4th, 2018 - 10:20pm

Ah yes I understand what you mean, what I meant was you will always get some critical comments. If it offends don’t look on forums that discuss the topic.
    Sorry didn’t read your initial comment correctly.

November 4th, 2018 - 10:17pm

Tyler Prescott who are you talking to? I was replying to Anonymous because they didn’t like my comment.

• Lorraine

November 4th, 2018 - 9:58pm

Pregnant man makes it rather PC. Everyone is equal and anyone can have a baby.

• Lucas1701

November 4th, 2018 - 9:57pm

Doctor Who by numbers. Not awful, but the weakest of the season by a distance. I don’t mind a “force of nature” threat, which can make a nice change from a moustache twirling villain, but the problem is that the Pting is in Episode 5 of a season devoid of compelling villans/threats. Still enjoying this run though. I like Jodie, I like the Companions, Walsh is a revelation and I like the character development. They do need a strong villain sometime soon though. Next week looks like another Rosa, which can’t be bad.

• Tim M

November 4th, 2018 - 9:56pm

Embarrasing, cheesy, unfunny drivel! One of the all time worst stories in Doctor Who history. Jodie Whitaker was average at best and still a light weight Doctor and the villain was a cartoon character! My word…I’m lost for words. That was awful. I don’t like your vision of Doctor Who Chibnall. I think you’ve been sent to destroy it.

• Mick C

November 4th, 2018 - 9:38pm

They did actually tell us how they will get back to the TARDIS via Teleport from the Station back to the Planet where it is.
    The Ptang was a terrible design, looked far to cute, made it seem comical.

• prototype dalek

November 4th, 2018 - 9:37pm

Not really keen on this one, felt it wasn’t really connected and the pregnant man given a bit too much attention. Really need a new writer I think

November 4th, 2018 - 9:30pm

Yeah I think your talking about upchuck.

November 4th, 2018 - 9:30pm

When Chibnall appeared aged 16 on daytime BBC in 1986 to gripe with others about classic series number 23 when John Nathan Turner had his job what was he thinking?

I CAN DO WORSE THAN THAT!!

• Tyler Prescott

November 4th, 2018 - 9:15pm

But… you have to read the comment to know that it’s critical.

• Tyler Prescott

November 4th, 2018 - 9:14pm

PC? How?

November 4th, 2018 - 9:14pm

“Forest of the night.” A peerless classic compared to this.

• Tyler Prescott

November 4th, 2018 - 9:14pm

The Long Game gets too much hate.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

November 4th, 2018 - 9:09pm

Same here! We seem to be in the minority though here. I really rather liked it and was surprised to come online to find such a negative reception. 8/10 for me. I’m glad you liked it too. 🙂

November 4th, 2018 - 9:02pm

its up there with any story from 1987

• Lorraine

November 4th, 2018 - 8:56pm

I really did not get this at all. CIG weak in some areas such as background walls in parts. Ptang silly. Was lost with it all. No emotionally stabilising Tardis. I want to find something positive but my mind wandered throughout and I found i did not care. Miss Doctor Who. 1/10 i hope my comments will not be sensored.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:55pm

Don’t be sorry, it’s why we are here good or bad.

• R1ch1e

November 4th, 2018 - 8:52pm

I’m with you on the music actually. I didn’t even know is it was there. There was a lot going on in it and too many people. I will rewatch it tomorrow.

• Dan 23

November 4th, 2018 - 8:50pm

Yeah it was more like an alien from Cartoon Network Ben 10

• Dan 23

November 4th, 2018 - 8:48pm

The pting looked like a alien from the cartoon network show Ben 10 it was similar size and ate the same stuff and it would absorb anything that exploded in it.

• Tyler Prescott

November 4th, 2018 - 8:47pm

irony

• DannyTheNerd

November 4th, 2018 - 8:45pm

Bland like the rest of the season. I’ve been very disappointed with this series.

• whovian

November 4th, 2018 - 8:43pm

Another comment I’ll give is a rating of 2/10 (and that’s being generous). I know that Chris Chibnall likes to do his character focused episodes, but its becoming a bit too much, it really is like the monsters are taking a back seat.

Really, the Doctor should have been the focus of The Woman Who Fell to Earth, Graham & Ryan should have been the focus of The Ghost Monument (dealing with the aftermath of Grace’s death).

Rosa and Arachnids in the UK should have been aired in the opposite order, so that we saw Yaz’s backstory and therefore Rosa would have been the 4th episode and it would have made a bit more sense to go from ’50s America to the 67th Century of The Tsuranga Conundrum. And therefore next week, Pakistan in the past.

I really like Jodie as the Doctor and the 3 companions, but unfortunately, I am starting to think that they are being wasted with Chris Chibnall as head writer. I really wish Russell T Davies would come back as the stories the Doctor had when she travelled with Donna, Martha etc. were worth watching. Tonight, I was bored watching it. I agree with those likening it to In the Forest of the Night.

I am sorry to go on and on, I just felt like getting it off my mind.

November 4th, 2018 - 8:43pm

I COULDNT UNDERSTAND IT
    I mean all I heard with Blalalalaalalaaaaaaa, spaceship. Every one was talking way to fast and Ryan and Yaz just disappeared for ten minutes. Am starting to miss those dragged out 6 parters of classic who

• James Guthrie

November 4th, 2018 - 8:34pm

Great fun, jolly, witty, silly, frantic, spacey, with a few tender moments – just how I like my Who

• booboo

November 4th, 2018 - 8:33pm

Would have been better placed in series 12 as a “comedy” episode after some terrifying monsters and when we were more used to the characters