April 15th, 2017 133 comments

What did You Think of Series 10 Episode 1 The Pilot?

Now that the highly anticipated first episode of series 10 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

Two worlds collide when the Doctor meets Bill.

A chance encounter with a girl with a star in her eye leads to a terrifying chase across time and space.

Bill’s mind is opened to a Universe that is bigger and more exciting than she could possibly have imagined – but who is the Doctor, and what is his secret mission with Nardole on Earth?

The Doctor is played by Peter Capaldi, Bill by Pearl Mackie and Nardole by Matt Lucas.

Written by Steven Moffat

Doctor Who Series 10 Parts 1 and 2 Blu-ray / DVD

Available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk

Available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

Peter Capaldi returns as Doctor Who for twelve thrilling adventures. He is joined by new companion, Bill (played by Pearl Mackie), along with returning loveable alien, Nardole (played by Matt Lucas).

• Dalek Sec

April 19th, 2017 - 12:39pm

I disagree I think Missy is a brilliant incarnation of the Master. However if she wasn’t the Master, she would’ve been better as the Rani.

• Jordan Scott

April 18th, 2017 - 11:53pm

I thought the same…

April 18th, 2017 - 10:18pm

Meh…The paradigm Daleks kinda restarted Dalek history

• D0CT0R WH0

April 18th, 2017 - 5:30pm

In the trailer you see the vault doors being hit from inside as if something big is trying to get out. I don’t know what could be inside but it must be something big.

• Xcess Baggage

April 18th, 2017 - 3:33pm

the big red robot thing that Nardole’s he’d use to be in.

• The Dalek Whovian

April 18th, 2017 - 1:58pm

All complete parts to The Dalek’s Masterplan?

• Mick181

April 18th, 2017 - 11:46am

And Koquiillian it just might be Kris Marshalls false doctor hr regenerates into in that distopian future episode and it turns out that it never really happened.

• TARDIS H

April 18th, 2017 - 7:45am

Just a thought (sorry if I am wrong)but shouldn’t the daleks be destiny daleks if they are fighting against the movellans?

• Whorules

April 18th, 2017 - 12:52am

They would have two mums or two dad’s depending on which parent changed gender. The gender of the children would not change as there is no physical link between them. Maybe the doctor’s wife changed gender and became the master – would explain the bickering! (Just kidding!)

April 17th, 2017 - 10:46pm

Jar Jar Binks

• Mark Belsom

April 17th, 2017 - 9:16pm

All the Doctors,maybe.

• DOCTORDREDD67

April 17th, 2017 - 8:01pm

I am thinking its the FIRST doctor trapped by the Master behind the vault doors. This may appear in the cybermen episode where the first doctor met the Mondassian Cybermen !!! The master captures the 1st doc and tries to save the Mondassian cybermen. !!!

• Jordan Scott

April 17th, 2017 - 7:19pm

I think the music in the background was enough

• Exterminator

April 17th, 2017 - 7:02pm

A Tardis, possibly the meddling monks one still disguised as a church altar.

• When The Doctor Was Me

April 17th, 2017 - 6:54pm

booboo my thoughts exactly! The show is making it look like its The Master. But i reckon its Doctor 13! What a great way to reveal if it is!

• 12th Doctor Fan

April 17th, 2017 - 6:53pm

I enjoyed the episode bit slow to start but I think Bill is a breath of fresh air, no Clara show magic.

• r1ch1e

April 17th, 2017 - 6:50pm

The Valyard

April 17th, 2017 - 6:46pm

Cheers

• booboo

April 17th, 2017 - 6:19pm

the next Doctor

• The Moment

April 17th, 2017 - 6:16pm

What does everyone think is in the Vault?

April 17th, 2017 - 6:04pm

A, never thought it through with Susan you are quite right, Romana could have gone mad from being stuck in E Space and wanted revenge on the Doctor for not attempting to go back for her (she did stay of her own accord but if she’s like my wife then she can change her mind on a hourly basis)

April 17th, 2017 - 5:32pm

Sorry, I mean sincerely hope the next Doctor is NOT female.

April 17th, 2017 - 5:29pm

Whorules, thanks but no need to apologise. I would like an explanation to family affairs regarding the Doctor though (not expecting you to be able to do so)
    We know the Doctor has a wife and children who are missing, if his wife is still female and the Doctor changes gender do the kids have two mum’s? are the kids still the same gender as when born? All thus does not work in my head, I simply do not like the idea because it did not have to be like this, it was fine as it was!
    I sincerely hope the next Doctor is female, I will still watch but not with total devotion like I do now, if it doesn’t work with a female Doctor I truly believe it could be the end of the show and what makes it worse is it need no have to happen.
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate it 🙂

April 17th, 2017 - 5:14pm

I wish someone could wipe my memory of Clara!

• r1ch1e

April 17th, 2017 - 3:13pm

Please excuse me for being really dumb but that music that was played at the very start of the episode, is that Bills theme? If it is then it is so charming. The incidental music on Dr Who has always been unrivalled in my opinion. Also i think that the music in previous series has had a tendency to drown out the dialogue (something that happens in to many BBC shows i feel) and in this episode it was pretty well toned. Yet another good aspect to this episode.

• The Outcast

April 17th, 2017 - 2:23pm

I didn’t. I’d rather forget Clara and it would have ruined the ‘Jumping on episode’ they were aiming for.

April 17th, 2017 - 1:38pm

I really, really, really wanted a flashback to the Doctor wiping Donna’s memory and the Doctor forgetting Clara when he was about to perform the kind wipe especially when Bill said ‘how would you feel, if someone did this to you” I thought that was the perfect opportunity

April 17th, 2017 - 12:37pm

Look down

• When The Doctor Was Me

April 17th, 2017 - 12:03pm

Oh i see! No not in the USA! And i don’t think i’ll be in any hurry to watch Class again!

• Jammy2305

April 17th, 2017 - 10:46am

Bill said how would you feel if it was you – The Doctor had his mind erased regarding Clara, hence the subtle theme playing in the background. As much as I don’t want Clara mentioned, it was a nice touch and relevant to the moment.