May 8th, 2014 54 comments

BBC “thrilled” with early Peter Capaldi episodes

Doctor Who: BBC said to be “thrilled” with early Peter Capaldi episodes

From www.radiotimes.com

Early indications are that Capaldi is making an excellent Time Lord – with a “sizzling” chemistry between him and co-star Jenna Coleman, according to show sources

The BBC is said to be “delighted” and “thrilled” with the first episodes of Peter Capaldi’s Doctor Who.

Around five are understood to have been completed and a source on the show says that Capaldi looks on course to “make one of the best Doctors ever”.

RadioTimes.com understands that the storylines have started from “the bottom up” with Capaldi’s Doctor having a clean slate of storylines with little reference to his predecessors.

“He is his own man – very distinctive,” said the source.

Read the full article at www.radiotimes.com

• Fiona Ting

May 9th, 2014 - 11:02pm

I cannot wait for series 8 start on TV

• anon

May 9th, 2014 - 9:13pm

Sorry meant to say will be brilliant.

• anon

May 9th, 2014 - 9:12pm

I am so looking forward to series 8 I’ve got loads of Peter Capaldi former role’s on dvd, as the Doctor I think he going to brilliant.

• Big D

May 9th, 2014 - 9:01pm

Well said Doc13 though for me JPs best story was The Daemons. Dark with a black sense of humour, reminiscent of the old Hammer and Quatermass stories.

The very best story in my opinion though comes from Tom Bakers Doctor in The Talons Of Weng Chiang. Again another dark mystery / thriller in the same vein, complete with dodgy giant rat.Excellent stuff.Followed by Pyramids of Mars complete with mummys.

• Big D

May 9th, 2014 - 8:53pm

I wonder if in another 50 years of Doctor Who poll, he will feture as high. As a 50+ fan myself, who has watched from the very beginning, Jon Pertwee (Doctor 3) is my favourite to date.

May 9th, 2014 - 7:52pm

Other rumoured titles are

Episode 4. Listen
    Episode 5: time heist
    Episode 7: kill the moon
    Episode 8: mummy on the orient express
    Episode 9: flat line

• 76 Totters Lane

May 9th, 2014 - 2:18pm

Matt Smith won Best Doctor in DWM’s last Doctor poll and we will find out soon who will win in in their ‘First 50 Years’ poll.

May 9th, 2014 - 1:49pm

for me my favorite doctor is tom baker

• Dalekmus Prime

May 9th, 2014 - 12:54pm

I didn’t really mind, and actually quite enjoyed the complex story arcs of the Eleventh Doctor’s era, but it would be a refreshing change for Series 8 to have a simpler arc.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

May 9th, 2014 - 8:37am

Nice to know it’s going to be a clean slate after the last 4 years of the Universe is cracked, the Pandorica will open, Silence will fall when the question is asked and all that which I think did get on some fan’s nerves during the days of the 11th Doctor era, perhaps one too many story arcs at once.

Clearly the only story arc for now will be the search of Gallifrey throughout series 8, nice and simple.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

May 9th, 2014 - 8:33am

PERTWEE RULES !!! 😀 😀 😀

• Rachel Cox

May 9th, 2014 - 7:56am

I think Peter Capaldi will make a great doctor, and am looking forward to seeing him portray The Doctor, as he is a good and solid actor; and I’m glad to see him replacing Matt Smith, of whom I was never fond of. That being said, I must say that David Tennant is and will always be my favorite Doctor!! His acting skills are sublime, and his portrayal can never be matched for me personally! There’s a reason why David has won Best Doctor in every readers poll since his portrayal of the 10th doctor, and that’s unsupassed talent! I can’t believe the hate I’ve seen here for him! Most definitely not indicitive of popular opinion, are these posts!

• matt9982

May 9th, 2014 - 7:09am

Well at the end of the Time of the Doctor just before clara enters the TARDIS she sees the phone dangling down the side of the door so she puts it back in the box and enters…

• 14 of Me Now

May 9th, 2014 - 4:03am

Supposedly Matt Smith has a cameo calling Clara in the future to assure her the new fellow (Capaldi) is him.

May 8th, 2014 - 10:47pm

No surprise there then

• Amelia

May 8th, 2014 - 10:32pm

So excited! <3 I think maybe a more stand alone style with maybe running themes and characters might be a good way to start off the Capaldi era. I loved Eleven's storyline and I thought it was really well paced with wonderful development, but starting with a clean slate makes sense. Plus I get the feeling that this might be the last year of Moffat and he wants to just guide Capaldi to a good start and leave his successor without worrying about dangling storylines. =] Soooooo excited!!

• Dalekmus Prime

May 8th, 2014 - 10:12pm

Personally, I like just about every other Doctor more than Tennant, but yes, I believe he’ll make a great Doctor.

• Dalekmus Prime

May 8th, 2014 - 10:11pm

I think he’ll be good. I don’t know if I’ll like him better than Matt Smith, who is easily my favorite right now, but with the writer who headed Smith’s era writing for him, and a great actor playing him, I have high hopes for Doctor number Twelve.

• Doctor, 13th

May 8th, 2014 - 9:29pm

I rank the Doctors as from least to best:

7th – Slyvester McCoy
    6th – Colin Baker
    1st – William Hartnell
    Film – Peter Cushing
    5th – Peter Davidson
    8th – Paul McGann
    4th – Tom Baker
    2nd – Patrick Troughtan
    War – John Hurt
    11th – Matt Smith
    9th – Christopher Eccelstone
    10th – David Tennant
    3rd – Jon Pertwee (also, my favourite story is The Time Warrior)

• Scott Fraser

May 8th, 2014 - 9:04pm

I think you’ll find that Tom Baker is generally considered to be the ‘best’ Doctor.

I’m looking forward to Capaldi’s Doctor, he’s a great actor and I’m sure he’ll do a fantastic job of it.

As for no references to the past, well, I’m delighted. One of the major drawbacks in recent years has been the overuse of aspects from the shows past and long winded story arcs. Let’s have standalone stories and all new.

• anon

May 8th, 2014 - 8:59pm

I am so looking forward to this.

• MasterKasterborous

May 8th, 2014 - 8:31pm

That’s way off! No need for trailers yet.

• sammyboi101

May 8th, 2014 - 8:28pm

Will Peter Capaldi be better then David Tennant?
    I think he will be.

• Lisa Gates

May 8th, 2014 - 7:49pm

No references from his previous regenerated selves? The show always refers to something from his past lives & the adventures.That’s how everything ties into together. Looking forward to Peter’s run as the Doctor, but anxious as well.

• 76 Totters Lane

May 8th, 2014 - 7:46pm

That’s the working title of episode 3, yes.

• doctor3000

May 8th, 2014 - 7:44pm

apparently there is a episode called ‘ robots of Sherwood’ is this correct?

• the astronaut of death

May 8th, 2014 - 7:27pm

well if they have made 5 episode they could give us a bit of a trailer

• 76 Totters Lane

May 8th, 2014 - 7:18pm

Ooh! indeed.

• Rowan Walsh

May 8th, 2014 - 7:17pm

Well its going to be hard for him at first. Especially after Christopher, David and Matt making the show good again! And the three becoming known as the best! But im sure he can do it, may take some time for him to get his Doctor Mojo like all of them! 🙂

• MONKEY MONK MONK