August 18th, 2014 85 comments

Doctor Who New Series: All the Episode Titles

Doctor Who New Series: All the Episode Titles

From the official site…

The BBC have officially confirmed all the episode titles and writers for the new series of Doctor Who which begins on Saturday at 7.50pm on BBC Oneโ€ฆ

Episode 1: Deep Breath.
Written by Steven Moffat
Directed by Ben Wheatley

Episode 2: Into The Dalek
Written by Phil Ford and Steven Moffat
Directed by Ben Wheatley
Introducing Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink.

Episode 3: Robot Of Sherwood

Directed by Sheree Folkson

Episode 11/12 Dark Water/Death In Heaven
Written by Steven Moffat
Directed by Rachel Talalay

• DALEKSKITTLES

August 18th, 2014 - 11:05pm

I don’t see how they can do the whole shrink ray thing, but would be intresting to see of they do it ๐Ÿ™‚ if it’s it’s his first time in the tardis…daleks ouch bad first time ๐Ÿ˜›

• The Other

August 18th, 2014 - 11:03pm

Also, “The Caretaker” sounds like another good episode
    I’m assuming the titular Caretaker is The Doctor, since he’s used that alias before, but you never know!

• The Other

August 18th, 2014 - 11:00pm

I’m also glad to have a two part finale too, since I always felt it added an extra element of grandness to the finale, not to mention that it gives more time to build up a good story without being rushed, and leaves everyone more excited for the last episode (part 2)

• The Other

August 18th, 2014 - 10:56pm

My faves are:
    Deep Breath
    Robot of Sherwood
    Listen
    Flatline
    Dark Water/Death in Heaven

They all sound like really interesting episodes based on the titles!

Not sure about “Kill The Moon” though
    still, I’m sure it’ll make sense after seeing the episode though!

• The Other

August 18th, 2014 - 10:49pm

Interesting theory!
    But it’s been confirmed that Danny Pink is a teacher from Coal Hill School

From preview clips The Dalek seems to be asking for help, and so I think it is a good, but damaged Dalek, and by going inside it (through use of a shrink ray – ala Fantastic Voyage) they fix it, but also find a means to turn the rest of The Daleks good, but The Doctor questions whether it is ethical to change the morality of a whole species, and whether he himself is a good man

• Professor When

August 18th, 2014 - 10:38pm

Good point. Not to get all spiritual and stuff, but I do believe in an Afterlife; not a christian one, just a sort of happy place that I probably only believe in to deal with the inevitability of death… I just don’t think it would really work in the world of Doctor Who. Doctor Who is about accepting change, and an afterlife model goes against that, and is more at home in series such as Harry Potter. But then again, I also thought that Matt Smith wouldn’t work as a Doctor, and I was very wrong indeed….

I love the idea of a planet though,that could sprout all sorts of cool ideas and visuals. ๐Ÿ˜€

• DWISTHEBESTSHOWEVER100

August 18th, 2014 - 10:18pm

I’m looking forward to Deep Breath,Robots Of Sherwood,Listen and Flatline. Mainly Flatline because Steven Moffat as said its a proper horror story and I like those.

• Handbot10

August 18th, 2014 - 10:15pm

Moffat doesn’t run Doctor Who, he IS Doctor Who

• the astronaut of death

August 18th, 2014 - 8:46pm

I’m thank full we have not had a two partner in ages

• Lea

August 18th, 2014 - 8:28pm

I’m disapionted that they have only one 2 part story

• 100,000BC

August 18th, 2014 - 8:20pm

Production time for episode 1 would be around 2 episodes worth, but Moffat thinks that you should only have 2 parters if the episode changes direction in part 2. Therefore it is one episode nearly the length of two (and I wouldn’t be surprised if the final 2-parter was a little longer than 45 minutes too) so they are pretty much doing the same amount.

• DALEKSKITTLES

August 18th, 2014 - 8:17pm

*lone reble….sorry if anymore spelling errors!!

• DALEKSKITTLES

August 18th, 2014 - 8:15pm

Here’s my theory on “into the dalek”
    The lobe reble ship being hunted and chased by the daleks is carrying a dalek prisoner, the doctor lands on the reble ship and decides to help them, the only way he can get to the daleks is through the dalek! Using codes he still has from Clara (dalek Clara) from asylum of the daleks he hacks into the daleks telepathy path web and him and Clara go into the daleks mind….revealing directs etc…but also the biggest dalek secret.. How to turn them good, using the dalek he can turn them good, but must ask himself, he dosnt know if he’s a good man yet, so what right does he have to turn the daleks good. Danny pink may go with them as he could be a reble on the ship and ends up being a companion ๐Ÿ™‚
    Just my theory ! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Doyouhearthem?

August 18th, 2014 - 8:08pm

Methinks Moffat knows how to run a show. With three magnificent series under his belt as well as the greatest piece of drama ever written, every inch of everything we know reeks of magnificence.
    I’m excited.
    Can you tell?

• The Cyber Squirrel

August 18th, 2014 - 7:21pm

What Easter Special?

• Robot Of Sherwood

August 18th, 2014 - 6:13pm

well I think episode three is gonna be a blast cause I love the idea of a medial time and the robot looks super cool… also I love the into a dalek episode cause daleks are back and I hope it is gonna be better than all the other dalek stories anyway I think all these stories are great buy my fave has to be robot of Sherwood…

• dalek 105

August 18th, 2014 - 5:31pm

CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

• Just a random guy passing by

August 18th, 2014 - 5:25pm

Maybe because of the Easter special

• Darren

August 18th, 2014 - 4:23pm

Well seeing episode one is feature length and nearly the length of two episodes maybe that’s why its been cut by one episode than normal, although we won’t know if the cut down is BBC driven till we know how many episodes series 9 will be

• WFK DVD Collector 14

August 18th, 2014 - 4:06pm

Only 12 episodes? It’s not a problem but I wonder why they cut the series by one episode?

• Rebel Time Lord

August 18th, 2014 - 3:08pm

These sound cool

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

August 18th, 2014 - 2:57pm

Not the most exciting titles, but then again, we are heading into darkness now with Doctor Who.

August 18th, 2014 - 2:37pm

I will bet that “Heaven” is the name of a place/planet and not the mythical Christian place.

• booboo

August 18th, 2014 - 1:27pm

no sign of any but there are hardly any promo images out there

all the TV mags are put tomorrow maybe then

• Still not ginger

August 18th, 2014 - 1:24pm

Booboo do you think they will release those movie style posters for the episodes?

• ryan0ry

August 18th, 2014 - 1:06pm

Moffat is involved in writing seven of the episodes, its interesting that he’s co-writing with other writers.

• Professor When

August 18th, 2014 - 1:00pm

“Death in heaven…”
    It would be interesting if they discuss the afterlife in that one, as it would contradict statements about death in Torchwood. Unless Time Lords percieve nothingness in a different way to Human Beings, perhaps?

• timelord327

August 18th, 2014 - 12:19pm

Finally! A 2 parter finale!

• Callum Metcalfe

August 18th, 2014 - 12:14pm

They all sound really intriguing

• matt9982