September 20th, 2012 60 comments

The Angels Take Manhattan 7.20-8.05pm BBC1

The Angels Take Manhattan 7.20-8.05pm BBC1

The Doctor’s heart-breaking farewell to Amy and Rory – a race against time through the streets of Manhattan, as New York’s statues come to life around them…

With Rory’s life in danger, the Doctor and Amy must locate him before it’s too late! Luckily, an old friend helps them and guides the way.

Guest stars: Mike McShane, Alex Kingston and Rob David

Written by Steven Moffat

Executive produced by Steven Moffat and Caroline Skinner

Directed by Nick Hurran

Produced by Marcus Wilson

• Mr Evil Fez

September 29th, 2012 - 9:47am

The one that said ‘I just watched the 11th Hour so I wonder what will be explained’ etc. In the place where your name is displayed, it says Booboo, but it does not have your Tardis picture.

• booboo

September 29th, 2012 - 9:43am

oh, yes silly me, i dont believe it that i said that

• Esterath

September 29th, 2012 - 9:43am

I wont be able to see Doctor Who tonight, I’ll be out at a party with family. Humph.

• booboo

September 29th, 2012 - 9:43am

who is?

• Esterath

September 29th, 2012 - 9:41am

Mrs Angelo, booboo.

• Mr Evil Fez

September 29th, 2012 - 9:41am

Wow! Booboo, he’s stealing your name.

• That Cherub over there

September 29th, 2012 - 9:10am

Yes, heard about that. It could still be one of those. I reckon it might be the staircase since there is no explanation on that. Yet. 😉

• booboo

September 29th, 2012 - 9:07am

There is something in tonight’s episode to do with Amy’s exit which has something to with the 11th Hour, just wondering if its one of these

• That Cherub over there

September 29th, 2012 - 9:05am

1. Good question

2. Matt Smith! It was meant to be the Doctor going outside to pick up the sleeping Amelia (watch the in-vision commentary for the episode to find out more), but we can assume it was probably Prisoner Zero.

3. It was probably just Amy dreaming. We see this before Amy wakes up (and the TARDIS is outside), so it must have just been a dream.

4. Amy had grown up telling everyone stories about the Raggedy Doctor. She must’ve just recognised him from drawings etc. Mind you, though, she did have the same brooch River wore in The Big Bang. 😯

• booboo

September 29th, 2012 - 8:55am

I just watched the 11th Hour so i wonder what will be explained

Where did the extra staircase go

Who was the shadow passing the window

Why did little Amy hear the Tardis sound whilst sat waiting in the garden

Why did Mrs Meldrew recognise The Doctor

• Jason doctorwhoone

September 29th, 2012 - 8:48am

I’ll be watching ‘The Eleventh Hour’ today at 11am on DVD before tonight’s farewell to Amy and Rory Williams.

They’ve been brilliant new series companions, anyone who says they are rubbish must be a fan of the following unlikeable companions –

1)Adric
    2)Melany ‘Mel’ Bush
    3)Martha Jones
    4)Melody Pond a.k.a. River ‘Spoilers/Hello Sweetie’ Song.

Bring on Jenna-Louise Coleman thou as Clara Oswin, she made me laugh when she played Oswin Oswald in ‘Asylum of the Daleks’ with her flirty behavior [“Pop ya shirt off, quick as ya like”] 😀

• That Cherub over there

September 29th, 2012 - 8:40am

Never ignore a coincidence. Unless your busy, in which case, always ignore a coincidence.

• John Smith

September 29th, 2012 - 8:40am

CAN NOT WAIT! I’ve been anticipating this episode since the first moment the word “Angel” was heard. I bid the Ponds farewell. I raise my Fez and Stetson to them. GERONIMO!

• timelord3

September 29th, 2012 - 8:38am

Thats funny because im going to miss this because of a wedding too! Maybe its the same wedding?

September 29th, 2012 - 8:11am

no we had rose martha donna mickey jackie wilf river and many more now clara[oswin oswald?]is coming

September 29th, 2012 - 8:06am

the angels are coming and i think there coming for you

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

September 17th, 2012 - 8:39pm

Got out of the wedding! this had better be worth it now!

• Georgia-Doctor

September 17th, 2012 - 3:19am

not much information.

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

September 15th, 2012 - 9:55pm

i am praying this is good, but, there is a possibility may miss this, i may have to go to a wedding! Help! Did you know, i missed the eleventh hour and the vampires of venice because i had to go places! i felt terrible…

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

September 15th, 2012 - 9:55pm

they are the only new series companion… sorry…

September 15th, 2012 - 11:57am

yeah he most likely does

September 15th, 2012 - 11:57am

the trap of stone closes in around amy and rory,the ponds wait no more

• Whovian

September 14th, 2012 - 5:47pm

This episode is going to scare me to death. The angels terrify me! I really don’t want anything bad to happen to the ponds!

• doctordude1000

September 14th, 2012 - 5:00pm

I’m crying just thinking about it

• Mr Evil Fez

September 14th, 2012 - 7:08am

I’m happy about River returning, but it says that Rory’s life is in danger!

• Mr Evil Fez

September 14th, 2012 - 7:07am

Well it isn’t that long!

• Dalek Strategist

September 14th, 2012 - 4:23am

I’ll miss Amy and Rory, Amy’s my favorite new series companion… 😥 But, as much as I hate to say this, I will be happy to see Moffat finally letting them go. Also, the Angels are a good monster, and it will add a scarier twist to the episode, I’m sure

• doctordude1000

September 13th, 2012 - 10:30pm

It airs on the 29th of September ( Time TBC) and ends until Christmas!

• That Cyborg over there

September 13th, 2012 - 9:31pm

Excited for this episode! Not as excited as I am for A Town Called Mercy, but I’m sure this will be a great episode. And I’m sure TPOT (hahahahahaha!) will also be very good. 😉

• drwhofan4ever

September 13th, 2012 - 9:05pm

yay river song returns so excited now