July 13th, 2018 32 comments

First look At New Doctor During World Cup Final Coverage

Fans will get their first chance to see Jodie Whittaker in action in the new series of Doctor Who on Sunday.

Footage promoting the next series of the time travel drama will air during the BBC’s half time coverage of the World Cup final.

Even though England are not playing it is still expected to attract viewing figures in excess of 10 million.

The Series 11 Steelbook, Blu-ray and DVD are available to order from www.amazon.co.uk

The Series 11 Blu-ray and DVD are available to order from www.amazon.com

The brand new series of Doctor Who marks the arrival of Jodie Whittaker, the 13th Doctor – a super-smart force of nature – alongside a new team of friends.

Already highly anticipated, the new-look series heralds a brand-new era for Doctor Who with a world-class team at the helm led by showrunner Chris Chibnall. The show will be full of action and adventure, humor and thrills, an unmissable adventure across all of space and time.

July 15th, 2018 - 11:36am

THE ERGON I wouldn’t have minded had it been a personal dig because I have been extremely outspoken on Jodie’s casting and the fan base has been split so it would be inevitable anyway but thanks for pointing it out.
    At first I was not going to even bother again with Doctor Who but as a life long fan I just can’t let go until I have seen the next series at least or the first few episodes perhaps?
    But I cannot lie, I am looking out of the corner of my eye and in all honesty I think I am softening and maybe more open to a female Doctor and that was never going to happen this time last year!
    That said I fully believe the casting was a PC agenda pushed upon us by the BBC and that the whole structure and history of DW may suffer because of it.

• THE ERGON

July 15th, 2018 - 11:16am

So you were aggrieved. whether curious or watching out out of the corner of your eye, you,ll no doubt be back ranting or raving like the rest of us and delivering your inevitable verdicts.Pats 86, that wasn,t a personal dig at you but just the general disgruntled fanbase at the time.

• T.A

July 15th, 2018 - 10:45am

Also, even though I said I hope chibnall can make a good series, I am still not 100% on board with him being the new show runner, because of his previous work on dr who and his clear lack thought towards the show and fan base.

• T.A

July 15th, 2018 - 10:31am

I personally, am going to wait until the first couple of episodes to air and watch them and then decide, on the new show and Jodie Whittaker . My hopes are they don’t go the way season 9 and 10 went, with it’s political agenda, and they focus on make good stories. Hopefully Chris Chibnall can make a good series, but if he has to bring back and old villain, don’t redesign them like the sillurans.

July 15th, 2018 - 8:39am

Well its no secret I got the hump over Jodie being cast this time last year, I still feel it should not have happened and worried how it will all pan out.
    So no sudden change of heart from me but I am giving it a go and I did see the scene on the net a couple of weeks ago (Someone showed me it actually) and I did feel a bit of pride because the Doctor has my accent.

Looking forward to the official first look today, shame it’s not England in the final though.

July 15th, 2018 - 3:12am

Well I’m one and haven’t changed my opinion as yet if I ever will but inevitably have some amount of curiosity as to what the trailer(s) might reveal OTHER than just the characters.

In any event we’ll soon find out whether this looks like being a roaring success or just a PC/SJW fuelled disaster that sceptics like myself fear it might be. I’m thinking about not watching the first three episodes when transmitted but recording/ IPlaying them. Then after seeing what the verdict is here and elsewhere depending on what’s generally being said make a decision about watching them.

July 15th, 2018 - 12:14am

Yeh they’ve had a whole year to come to terms with the fact they’ll have to watch a woman on a tv show

• THE ERGON

July 15th, 2018 - 12:06am

I wonder if any of the people who got the hump over jodies casting are having sudden changes of heart now?

July 14th, 2018 - 10:13pm

Well it’s been a year since Jodi was revealed as the new Doctor at the end of the men’s Wimbledon final, how time flies 😉

July 14th, 2018 - 4:10pm

The way they’ve been talking ‘footage promoting the show’, ‘premiering new footage’ and ‘exclusive new look at the doctor and her friends’ makes it sound like it’s some sort of small clip that will be shown rather than an actual trailer. Maybe they’re saving the trailer for SDCC. I hope it’s not a clip though because that specially filmed scene with Bill was the cringiest thing I’d seen when it aired and gave me zero hope for series 10.

• THE ERGON

July 14th, 2018 - 2:09pm

This is the real mccoy though. the official trailer confirmed. The others were rumour mill.

• The Outcast

July 14th, 2018 - 9:04am

No, the June trailer stuff was all just a rumour with no proof behind it. The trailer air date was wrong, said returning villains was just a repeat of other rumours and that returning character is always rumoured. It was fake.

• The Outcast

July 14th, 2018 - 9:02am

I’ve heard the teaser coming this Sunday is specially filmed, rather than being a montage of clips. Think the Series 1 & 2 “do you want come with me” teasers, or the Series 5 teaser or the “Time for Heroes” teaser.

Then at Comic Con we might get more news, like an official reveal of the new Sonic Screwdriver and leaked clip, an air date (assuming it isn’t in the teaser) and maybe even a trailer.

• The Outcast

July 14th, 2018 - 8:59am

There will be a teaser on Sunday, then there will be more news at SDCC. So a big news week for us Doctor Who fans.

• Dalek Bumps

July 14th, 2018 - 8:35am

I don’t think Chris Chibnall is one to give too much away in a brief trailer. It just isn’t his style. He’s keeping as much as possible under wraps.

• Phillip

July 14th, 2018 - 1:02am

Great!, I was totally lost… I watched this on several different sites trying to figure out was was wrong. They should have had some music or something it feels mehhh…

• Tyler Prescott

July 13th, 2018 - 11:13pm

No, I don’t think so.

July 13th, 2018 - 10:43pm

No sound which is a bit stupid because they could have used some generic music or the same sounds as from the logo reveal trailer

• Phillip

July 13th, 2018 - 10:23pm

Is this supposed to have sound? I can’t hear anything…

• THE ERGON

July 13th, 2018 - 5:09pm

If there is a reveal, though there is little substance there, How are you going to avoid? you must still want to see the trailer?

July 13th, 2018 - 4:27pm

I feel like I don’t want any spoilers this time around, I’ve managed it with Star Wars so I wonder if it’s possible with doctor who. If there is a character reveal I’m gonna try and avoid it. Most of the rumors aren’t true anyway

• R1ch1e

July 13th, 2018 - 4:22pm

Is this the trailer that was supposed to be shown during the Tunisia match? The one that teases a character return?

July 13th, 2018 - 3:55pm

I feel like this is karma for me moaning about Americans getting news of our show first that destiny has made it so I’m still in America on holiday when this is going to air in Britain

• THE ERGON

July 13th, 2018 - 3:36pm

Probably an alternate teaser at SDCC. the first official one sunday i,m guessing.

• THE ERGON

July 13th, 2018 - 3:30pm

During half time of the world cup on sunday.

• THE ERGON

July 13th, 2018 - 2:58pm

It mentions first trailer , so will SDCC get an extended version i wonder? I hope they bring Jamie back not jack as speculated but that is too wishful thinking i guess.

• Doctorfan

July 13th, 2018 - 2:49pm

i am guessing a teaser trailer for the full trailer on thursday at sdcc or the official release of that leaked clip.
    However if it is the clip why not just put it on the doctor who youtube channel now instead of making us all wait two days for something many people have already seen

• Doctor Sr

July 13th, 2018 - 2:46pm

This Sunday? Hold on so do British people get this news before SDCD then. It’ll probably be a trailer for the full trailer shown at SDCC

July 13th, 2018 - 1:59pm