March 21st, 2012 159 comments

And The New Companion Is – Jenna-Louise Coleman

And The New Companion Is – Jenna-Louise Coleman

Jenna-Louise Coleman has been officially confirmed as the new companion to take over from Karen Gillan when she leaves the show sometime during series Seven.

From The BBC…

Her first episode will be the Xmas special.

There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Xmas Special. Then 8 next year. Jenna’s character will first be seen at Xmas.

Steven Moffat “Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time

The Daleks will be returning in the autumn series (Doctor Who Magazine)

Jenna-Louise was born in Blackpool and played Jasmine Thomas in Emmerdale. She has been nominated for numerous awards in recent years including “Best Newcomer” “Best Actress” “Sexiest Female” and “Best Dramatic Performance”.

Her most recent appearance will be as Annie Desmond in Julian Fellowes four part mini-series Titanic.

• McGann is the Doctor.

March 26th, 2012 - 8:55am

(since no-one is talking about the next companion, ) I think the Tetraps would make an excellent monster/character to use in the series , they could be done WAY better than Time and the Rani (“The mistress will be over…………joyed.” Don’t count on it, she’s the Rani, crazy talking animal 😆 )

Their voices were great monster-voices, although the dialogue they got, wasn’t quite so great in that story. ❗ And they can see in all directions, what a great character to use ! 😀

• cyber contoller

March 24th, 2012 - 10:38pm

you will be upgaded

• the astronaut of death

March 24th, 2012 - 7:14pm

you never no there could be someone else there who cold die

• the astronaut of death

March 24th, 2012 - 12:16pm

i know they have been in series 6 but there appernce was very breif

• ExtremeFlashFilms

March 24th, 2012 - 10:15am

I think they will to be honest. Who else would die. In a way I want them to die so it isn’t all happy ending, and we know they are leaving anyway, however they are great actors and characters, so I don’t want them to die there. I still think people who die gives a lot more atmosphere to a show.

• Whizza Rhama

March 24th, 2012 - 8:34am

I hated series 6! The storylines were way to complicated! I couldn’t get my head around them!
    And also, though you might think differently, I HATE AMY AND RORY EVEN MORE THAN THE TERRIBLE STORYLINES! I really hope these new episodes are much better than last series… I’m slowly getting pulled away from Doctor Who…

• Bow tie of Doom

March 23rd, 2012 - 10:01pm

I thought The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone was ok but the Angels lost their touch a bit (no pun intended!). Matt, Karen and Alex saved the show though.
    I’m looking forward to their appearance in Series 7! Can’t wait to see what happens!

• R.I.P Morbius

March 23rd, 2012 - 9:43pm

Exuse me , but do i know you from somewhere?

• matt smithy

March 23rd, 2012 - 7:51pm

i loved series 6 and matt smith!

• matt smithy

March 23rd, 2012 - 7:50pm

no, they have been in every series since series 5. its anoying! i was ok with series 5 and series 6, but series 7 aswell! i would be fine with them in series 7 if they were not in series 6 then they would have a break!

• The Silence

March 23rd, 2012 - 6:23pm

The Doctor probably saw himself in his room.

• MacaroonDalek

March 23rd, 2012 - 5:22pm

Marmite series? I thought It was ok (bad first part series but good second part series).

• the astronaut of death

March 23rd, 2012 - 3:38pm

we dont no amy and rory could still live

• the astronaut of death

March 23rd, 2012 - 3:37pm

i think we need more of the weeping angles not less of them

• outnumberd

March 23rd, 2012 - 11:33am

weeping angels are being over used.

they are great monsters but they need a break about 1 or 2 years will be good

two: the daleks are not scary any more like the look like something on cbbc not dr who.

i hope they go back to the gold

three: the yeti better not come back. monsters like you never seen them before
    ok lets put a pink hat on him and some googely eyes

amy and rory are leaveing well lets get rid of matt smith its not i dont like him its the writing is bad bad bad and i could go in to more

like the cybermen IN THE BASEMENT!!!!!!!!

please reply i want to know what you think.

ps: you can tell i dont like series 6

• Silence

March 23rd, 2012 - 8:19am

I know! Do the math! 6 + 8 = 14! There is a Special in between! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, It is 15 episodes! Lol! Why didn’t I figure that out earlier! P.S. Silence will Fall. Amen.

• Silence

March 23rd, 2012 - 8:18am

Me thinks some may be 2-parters! P.S. Silence will Fall. Amen.

• Silence

March 23rd, 2012 - 8:16am

I enjoyed it! I loved when all us Silents killed EVERYBODY! But when everybody killed us, probably not AS good! We made an AWESOME return and it turned out we were in this sort of different dimension thingy! WHY MUST WE LOSE!

• booboo

March 23rd, 2012 - 8:08am

we dont know yet

• THE PONDS

March 23rd, 2012 - 7:26am

Are Amy and Rory gonna get killed by the Weeping Angels?

• matt smithy

March 23rd, 2012 - 6:27am

same. I think the reason people didn’t lke series 6 was because they didn’t like the scilence plot line and say the series was bad rather than that. The only episodes i didn’t like were lets kill hitler, curse of the black spot and some of the rebel flesh but hay, every series has its bad episodes. the overall series was exellent with some clever episodes such as the opening 2 parts, the doctors wife, and night terrors. blimey this is a long comment!

• Dalek Sec

March 23rd, 2012 - 3:51am

I liked Amy on Serie 5, but then on Series 6 she because this grouchy person who does nothing but follow the Doctor around. Rory was awesome, and River is my favourite companion, shes just so badass. I hope she comes back.
    As for the new companion, i look forward to watching her and the Doctor interact.

• Dalek Sec

March 23rd, 2012 - 3:45am

WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Daleks. Hopefully they will acually exterminate people. They’re just not scary enough without doing so.

• Mels

March 23rd, 2012 - 1:51am

I liked series 6… probably not as much (overall) as series 5, but I still liked it.

“The Doctor’s Wife” I think now is my all-time favourite episode, and I loved “The Almost People” too. (How could you not love a Ganger Doctor?) XD

• IronsideDalek

March 23rd, 2012 - 1:04am

I’m sad that Amy and Rory are gonna die. It is good to see them leave, as everyone has in the past, but them dying is gonna be sad. The Weeping Angels’ return is something I knew they were gonna do. As for the Daleks, I am praying that Moffat does something good with them. As good as Victory of the Daleks was, it could have been a lot better. All hail the new Daleks!

• IronsideDalek

March 23rd, 2012 - 12:55am

Aside from the lack of villains with possible returns, aside from the Silence and Kovarian.

• Harold Saxon

March 22nd, 2012 - 11:19pm

i was undr the impression we would get a lot of new who next year for the 50th anniversary so we will see,onr interview with moffat recentrly said there would be plenty of material so im curious bout 8 episodes next year doesnt sound quite right.mmm we will see,let’s welcome jenna in.

• Aaron

March 22nd, 2012 - 10:09pm

Why does everyone hate series 6 for it was great

• Matt

March 22nd, 2012 - 10:03pm

I’m on the hate side of the marmite line – I thought it was awful. There were onyl a couple of good episodes (IMO – Night Terrors and God Complex) and the story arc was too complicated haha! :S

• Matt

March 22nd, 2012 - 10:00pm

Can’t wait for her to start 😀

She was amazing in Waterloo road, just can’t wait 😀