• youforgotyourtoothbrush

December 30th, 2011 - 6:05pm

that was a bad episode on its own but as a christmas special there are certain things you can overlook.
    reg being able to surivie flying through the vortex.
    madge being able to survive acid.

but then there is this
    hrvest rangers driving somthing that will be destroyed by the acid aswell
    bad cgi for the flying golfb… i mean ship.

• tardisfan101 (dwfan101) (torchwoodfan101)

December 30th, 2011 - 3:07pm

I have to agree SM is probably the best writer for DW yet. Series 5 FANTASTIC, Series 6, well lets face it AWESOME! Steven, Thank you for your eps.

• Admiral Icktheus

December 30th, 2011 - 8:50am

The music was fairly good in my opinion. It just seemed louder though.

• Admiral Icktheus

December 29th, 2011 - 11:56pm

I agree. Moffat ticks all the right boxes.Good chatacter development (mostly), amazing writing for The Doctor, a classic feel to the show, great story arcs which we WILL get answers too and he knows exactly who to choose to write an episode…mostly and best of all NO ROSE!!!!!!! (mostly)

• george

December 29th, 2011 - 9:14pm

also, I’ve loved all the producers and writers of doctor who because they’ve all brought something new and different to the role and the feel of the stories, like pip and jane baker it felt more child-like, Philip Hinchcliffe made doctor who gothic, JN-T brought alot of variety and different things to doctor who over his years and RTD brought a refreshed and new feel to doctor who that was entertaining and easy to watch. But I think RTD’s episodes were great but the plot was always very shallow, SM plot is always full of twists and turns and there so much to his stories and so much to think about because his writing is really clever. Sometimes there confusing but still very entertaining to watch. So, yes and no I would like RTD to come back because he did a great job and produced good stories, but I think SM has brought something different to the series which I think is great, the whole of last series was fantastic! Series 5 was light and dark towards the end, series 6 was a lot darker and deep, so bring on series 7! Steven Moffat, thank you!

• george

December 29th, 2011 - 8:52pm

there’s no need for most people to be like that, moffat has worked hard on all this episodes and although I do agree the last episode was only average in my opinion but it was something a bit different, ie. we haven’t had pure wooden monsters, box of magical things, big spaceship truck things and a forests life force being saved like that. I think the plane in the time vortex was a bit much as it is impossible and was a bad effect, as was the star things. But the first 20 minutes and the last 10 were great, but the middle 30 minutes was a bit boring, even though there was some great moments. I do wish Mr moffat wouldn’t keep using these silly ‘because your a mum’ and the bond between father and son’ (from Night Terrors), it just seems like a quick way out of things. I was a good stand-alone episode which could, in the middle, have a more of a ‘sense of direction’ to it and how madge drove that thing I will never know! I hope series 7 won’t have so many story arcs but know steven moffat it will be great!

I would give it 7/10.

• lepter

December 29th, 2011 - 5:54pm

no it didnt.
    what was the spaceship?
    why an exploding button?
    why was he there?
    did everyone else die on the spaceship????

and while im on the subject…
    can he breathe in a vacume?
    does he have space eyes???

what was the point?????

• McGann is the Doctor.

December 29th, 2011 - 4:56pm

BTW, I know everyone ahs a right to their opinion ofcourse, I’m only stating mine.

While I do prefer the current series over the DT as the Doctor + RTD as the Head Producer years (I just find that era to pale in comparison with the 80s/70s and 2010-current Series) I do think the christmas special wasn’t what it could have been. 🙄

And I imagine it will give Dr Who a bad public image till the 7th Series comes along and improves on it, but that won’t be for a while yet. ❗

• McGann is the Doctor.

December 29th, 2011 - 4:50pm

John Simm was crazy as the master, barely watchable, Russel T wrote the part knowing that John Simm mwould be playing it,

and gotta say it was aweful in 2007, and better in 2009 but still, the Master is supposed to be deadly-cunning and genius, not a crazy cannibal barabrian man ! :O

• McGann is the Doctor.

December 29th, 2011 - 4:48pm

The music was less than great, as was the overall episode itself.

But you have to remember, Steve nMoffat’s new to this whole “Christmas-Special” thing. And he was very sick whenever he wrote this one, which explains why the previous special was way better, and this one is quite impossibly daft. 😛

• McGann is the Doctor.

December 29th, 2011 - 4:46pm

I must admit, this one did seem alot less, shall we say, “big” , or alot less, “big-scale” ? I can’t quite graps the right term for it.

• McGann is the Doctor.

December 29th, 2011 - 4:40pm

I was amazed that we got see another side to him, he wanted to be someone else for a while.

That’s not to say I don’t liek him the way he was before that ! He’s always great,

• The Whofan101

December 29th, 2011 - 3:56pm

I believe that this episode is a mixed bag. Some liked, some hated. I was one of the haters, as the script, casting and effects were poor. However, I don’t think that Steven Moffat should be fired and bring back RTD, because Moffat has done well (maybe not so much this year, with TIA/DOTM and AGMGTW being his best) in previous years. RTD has also written some bad ones (Boom Town, New Earth, Planet of the Dead, Love and Monsters, etc) so you can’t really think that he would be best to return. What I think should be done is that Steven should write less episodes (with last year written 7 stories, and this year 6), and think better about casting. Don’ pick the most famous people for the part because in the end it might not be worth it, such as Bill Bailey in this story

December 29th, 2011 - 2:36pm

Think So

December 29th, 2011 - 2:35pm

me to

• sheepinafez

December 29th, 2011 - 12:06pm

but it was still sold for profit

• I am the doctor

December 29th, 2011 - 9:19am

Yeah I agree he is my favourite Doctor

• Clocky

December 29th, 2011 - 2:04am

Borrrring!!!!! and the music just sends me to sleep.

• andrew mclaren

December 28th, 2011 - 9:42pm

Steven Moffat should seriously stick to Sherlock…Dr who needs the likes of Russell T Davis back at the helm…im sorry to say this but the days of Dr who are most definitely numbered if Moffat continues with this boring and mixed up dross!!!

The show, as it stands now, is a former shadow of what it used to be….God i miss Chris eccelstone, David Tennant and John Simm!!!!!

• Admiral Icktheus

December 28th, 2011 - 9:36pm

I agree with you what you said about the Doctor being different. Matt seems to portay him differently and slightly darker when with the Ponds yet when with others he’s completely different and as people say Matt can play the Doctor as a 9 year old and a 900 year old. That’s why he’s such an amazing Doctor!

• jedi jim

December 28th, 2011 - 9:17pm

If there IS a series 7! Moffat keeps this up the Beeb’ll pull the plug again!!

• I am the doctor

December 28th, 2011 - 6:27pm

I thought that it wasn’t to bad

1) even if time lords can survive for longer periods of time than humans he wouldn’t have survived for that long and he was shouting and stuff which would have made him breath.

2) it was so obvious that they filmed it on the wires ( the start)

3) only time machines can fly through the vortex. And correct me if I’m wrong but to the best of my knowledge a lancaster bomber is NOT a time machine

4) where was the rest of the lancasters crew

5) How come the TARDIS just HAPPENED to be in the village that the Doctor landed in

6) how come the doctor was fine but he made a huge crater.

But saying all that it was quite a good episode and I love the way that the Doctor is a different man ( not literally) when he is around children.

• Whofan#1

December 28th, 2011 - 5:38pm

It was ok but it was draft but I perfur last years christmas special

• Admiral Icktheus

December 28th, 2011 - 5:18pm

I think last years was the best Christmas special of them all. This would probably be second, third or fourth in my list

• SpeedyK9

December 28th, 2011 - 4:56pm

I think it was only an ok ep, not good enough for xmas. I think it was better than last years which was to long.

• Admiral Icktheus

December 28th, 2011 - 3:54pm

The earliest we’ll get one will be in July probably.

December 28th, 2011 - 2:34pm

We Want Series 7 Trailer!

• doctor daddy cool 67

December 28th, 2011 - 1:19pm

Managed to catch up with a repeat of the xmas show yesterday. It wasnt too bad, a good few funny jokes here and there, but overall a bit lame. Our son was a bit scared of the wooden people. I know they havent started filming the next series yet but personally I would’ve finished the story with a cliffhanger so that we could look forward to whats in store next year.
    my rating 6/10

• Admiral Icktheus

December 28th, 2011 - 9:50am

They haven’t filmed anything yet for series 7. There should have been a caption saying “The Doctor will return…Autumn 2012”

• 11matt

December 28th, 2011 - 8:45am

there were no evil monsters and story was a bit boring and confusing at some points