• JohnnyVoltaire

January 13th, 2012 - 4:17pm

Worst Xmas special and the nadir of a pretty awful series.

No science, no logic, no peril. Just sickening sentimentality.

It’s more like “Glee” than sci-fi

As with most of the episodes in series 6 I fell asleep in the middle of it.

This Doctor is just wrong, the companions don’t work, the story arc is striving to be too epic. It’s all just too smug.
    Clearly Moffat is using all his talent on the excellent Sherlock.

Bah humbug !

• James

January 12th, 2012 - 11:56pm

How come Steven moffat can write Sherlock which is fantastic, but Matt smiths doctor who has been so horribly dissapointing, wierd storylines and strange plot devices, been really unimpressed with recent dr who and this Christmas special just hammered the final nail in the metaphorical coffin

• Boodleoo

January 10th, 2012 - 6:50pm

The best bits were when the Doctor shows them the rooms although they kind of dragged it on, and the end where the doctor meets Amy which I thought was a very good ending but the story was quite boring.

• Dalek Sec

January 10th, 2012 - 7:40am

Well i would say that Madge’s husband was a RAF pilot, and she could have learnt from him. And the Trees Time Capsule could have protected him in flight. Sometimes i feel like such a nerd when i’m cleaning up Moffats illogical mess on Doctor Who.

• BOOBOO JR

January 7th, 2012 - 9:27pm

i really did not like it

• Andrew

January 6th, 2012 - 8:40pm

Since series 5 doctor who hasent been the same. I am sick of the weird storylines like the two episodes with the flesh things and the one with the hotel etc. Actually I loved the 1st part of series 6 (except the flesh ones) but the second part was odd and awful. And now for the xmas special trees as villans or something, come on moffat!

January 4th, 2012 - 7:10pm

Wonder if our friends who have creative control at the BBC and their bosses ever visit sites like this?

Just because the luvies at awards (Though to date since Steven Moffat’s takeover Doctor Who has NOT won the NTA award for “Best drama”;if thats not been made a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act) fete you and TV suits look only superfically at numbers for viewing figures dosen’t mean everything in the creative development of Doctor Who is necessarily in rude health.

• Zak

January 2nd, 2012 - 4:59pm

This was not the worst episode, but was not the best. Ever since series 5 doctor who has not been up to much except for a few episodes. I don’t mind the 11th doctor but I think it would be much better with a new writer…

• radagast

January 2nd, 2012 - 2:21pm

A very poor episode reflecting the general quality of that last two series. The story lines are increasingly sentimental, they rely on cliched character development, there are numerous loose ends and the stories regularly rely on deus ex machina. The best episode I have seen since Doctor Who came back to the screen was ‘blink’ – it was simple, elegant, clever, atmospheric (the use of weather and lighting were excellent), thoughtful and original. Something reflected in the recent ‘Lost Christmas’ starring Eddie Izzard. The mystery and depth of Doctor Who has been lost, instead it feels very shallow. I think the problem is simply that they are trying to please far too many interest groups instead of showing some integrity to their vision.

• Darkfool

January 2nd, 2012 - 12:03pm

If your son was scared by the wooden people, well thats a good thing, isn’t it?

This is the problem i fear with where Dr Who is going.. I fear it’s trying to gear itself to a younger and younger audience..

The “God Complex” Episode, was my favorite, cause it freaked me out.. The Doctor needs a real challenge, and something mysterious and scary gives us just that….

• Darkfool

January 2nd, 2012 - 11:53am

Definitely not the best Xmas Special ever. I found it way too lite and fluffy.

The best was “The Next Doctor” with David Tennant where The Doctor arrives in London on Christmas Eve in 1851 against the Cybermen..

• Fox Mulder

January 2nd, 2012 - 8:34am

You wont be seeing any trailer till may or june

• Fox Mulder

January 2nd, 2012 - 8:30am

That’s true he does.

• Fox Mulder

January 2nd, 2012 - 8:27am

Johnn Simm was the best master ever with the exception of Eric from the doctor who movie in 1996

• Fox Mulder

January 2nd, 2012 - 8:25am

Mofaaaaaaaat (shakes Fist). Lol I’m just joking btw.

• Fox Mulder

January 2nd, 2012 - 8:24am

It was OK, but none of it made sense, what is it with Moffats cony balcony science, I know RTD made stuff up aswell but like star trek he made it sound plausible. Can’t wait for season 7 though.

• Fox Mulder

January 2nd, 2012 - 8:22am

Thats exactly what I did

• Tomo

January 1st, 2012 - 7:21pm

Are you saying the episode is bad?

• DoctorWhoFanSince1974

January 1st, 2012 - 12:39am

Sorry to say, yet another very poor Episode. A shame to see another “Christmas Special” wasted. Thats two Poor/Dull Specials in two years. How long will it be before the BBC pull the plug on this show (again). I’m sure the ratings will be high, because there wasn’t much competition on the other networks. If the “Next Doctor” was a 9/10, this Rubbish has to be a…..4/10

• Admiral Icktheus

December 31st, 2011 - 11:47pm

I agree about the music. Murray Gold did another amazing job scoring the music for the episode but the music was too loud. Whoever put the music in obviously turned the volume to full blast and then fell asleep!

• TardisCreation

December 31st, 2011 - 11:33pm

LOL NO!!! THEN IT WOULDN”T BE A POLICE BOX!!! IT’S ALL LIES!!!!!

• TardisCreation

December 31st, 2011 - 11:21pm

I can answer some of these questions for you, I am the doctor.

1) Maybe the TARDIS did one of those things were it makes the travellers of it breath in space like in The Runaway Bride.

2)Yeah,true….

3)I can’t answer this one.

4)Reg and his mate were lost, the others were proberly killed or went in another direction from Reg.

5)Like in Voyage of the Damned, when a spaceship explodes, the TARDIS goes to the nearest place of gravity, which was where Madge was.

6)The suit was healing the Doctor, which is proberly why the Doctor wasn’t hurt.

• Bob the Dalek

December 31st, 2011 - 10:09pm

i enjoyed it but the music was to loud it spoild some momments.

• Doctor Who??

December 31st, 2011 - 9:35pm

The worst episodes of Doctor Who aren’t this nor did I love this episodes

I hate Doctor lite episodes

Love and Monsters – Absloutly DREADFUL

Blink – Exception of Weeping Angels

Turn Left – RTD murdering the character of Donna

The Girl Who Waited – Locked the Doctor in the TARDIS for 40 minutes with the minium of 5 minutes being chocked by that diesase thing

There however this special 5/10

• Admiral Icktheus

December 31st, 2011 - 8:52pm

I prefered last years to be honest but this years wasn’t too bad. It grows on me each time I watch it though!

• tardisfan101 (dwfan101) (torchwoodfan101)

December 31st, 2011 - 7:37pm

Best Xmas special ever.

• charlie bowden

December 31st, 2011 - 5:08pm

My favourite characters from the special are:

Amy Pond

Wooden King

Wooden Queen

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

December 31st, 2011 - 11:46am

and, madge wasnt really the christmas companion, lily was! 5/10, i give it that becasuse i have to say, the actors and the casting were good. i think it needed amy and rory in it, because they werent in there that much lat year.

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

December 31st, 2011 - 11:44am

so dissapointing. no aliens. i dont care about trees and acid rain, there was no story or anything. how did madge suddenly fly the robot? how did regs plane survive the time vortex? Why was it so dull? such a dissapointment, even worst than last years. even thogh i thought some of his stories werent great, bring back russel t, because i think steven moffat for the past 2 years has copied stories from other people.

• Admiral Icktheus

December 30th, 2011 - 8:29pm

Plus since Moffat took over the clasic series has been referenced a lot.