October 10th, 2015 63 comments

We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.

What Did You Think Episode 4 of Before the Flood ?

On a remote Army outpost, a fearsome alien warlord – the Fisher King – sets in motion a twisted plan to ensure his own survival. The ripples will be felt around the universe. Is this chain of events inevitable? And can the Doctor do the unthinkable?

missy-banner-4#

Adverts/Affiliates

• Doctorfan

October 11th, 2015 - 9:34am

At the beginning it sounded like house

• ChristopherAdventures

October 11th, 2015 - 8:55am

But remember O’Donnell came out from nowhere as soon as she died. Timey Wimey!

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

October 11th, 2015 - 7:03am

Felt obvious that the ghost Doctor was a hologram to begin win, otherwise he’d have been encountered at the start of the part 1 last week with the other ghosts.

Didn’t understand the opening of yesterdays episode thou, and forgive me for being blunt about asking this, but what has Beethoven symphony No.5 got to do with the story ?. Didn’t make any sense that.

October 10th, 2015 - 11:18pm

Shaping up to be the best series in a long time. I know its early days and there are always 1 or 2 weak episodes in a series…but things will really have to fall apart for this series to end up disappointing.

I’ve always admired PC as an actor but even I wasn’t convinced of his style in the last series but he has really come into it now and I am loving 12…even Clara isnt irritating me anymore 🙂

• NigelM

October 10th, 2015 - 10:50pm

Great episode, this series is already miles better than the last one and I think the two-episode stories have helped a lot. I said last week that the Doctor was in the capsule ! I would however have liked to see a little more of the Fisher King. They obviously put a lot of effort into the design and costume, all for what was only a few minutes on screen.

• 100,000BC

October 10th, 2015 - 10:38pm

Loved every second.
    Cass feeling the vibrations of the axe was a good touch, and I love the fact that the show portrayed her as a strong woman who was independent and able to look after herself.
    Guitar theme was ace, as was the opening speech – I personally love all that Fourth-Wall-breaking stuff.

• The Silent Silent

October 10th, 2015 - 10:35pm

AMAZING

• 100,000BC

October 10th, 2015 - 10:33pm

Yes I saw that!!
    You see them all over the place in Moffat’s era if you look – it saves the BBC from having to use a real-world brand.

• mark Belsom

October 10th, 2015 - 10:04pm

Nice touch.

• daleksean

October 10th, 2015 - 10:02pm

The monster voice to me sounded like the 456 voice from Torchwood: Children of Earth

• Silence Will Fall

October 10th, 2015 - 10:00pm

Did anyone notice at the beginning that the Doctor’s guitar amplify is produced by Magpie electronics?

• sheepinafez

October 10th, 2015 - 9:46pm

favorite capaldi episode so far and one of my new all time favorites in general. the new theme tune should stay it really works for Capaldis doctor. didn’t like the 4th wall being broken though…..that was a bit weird.

• Prof. Horner

October 10th, 2015 - 9:44pm

Am I the only one who thinks the undertaker looks like Clive Dunn?

• Orange Dalek 26

October 10th, 2015 - 9:41pm

Great episode, and I loved the new theme music!

• Dalekparadigm2

October 10th, 2015 - 9:38pm

It needs to stay

• Fwhyatt

October 10th, 2015 - 9:33pm

Really enjoyed the new intro, just loved the guitar to the theme tune. The episode was a great end to a two parter and really enjoyed seeing something different such as the sign language in the episodes. Preferred the first 2 parters but still good over all

• Doctor Hugh

October 10th, 2015 - 9:31pm

I really liked prentice

• Doctor Hugh

October 10th, 2015 - 9:29pm

If an Alien and a Predator had a baby together it would look like the villain in tonight’s episode

• MrHaloWho

October 10th, 2015 - 9:28pm

Hated it. I thought the ending was a massive cop-out, the fact that the Doctor created a ghost using his sunglasses, and the Tivolli guy was completely thrown in. Why did they need him at all?

• CJ

October 10th, 2015 - 9:26pm

I think the theme tune is better with the guitar music in the background

• Tim M

October 10th, 2015 - 9:25pm

Great acting and great overall production values. But I felt this episode was a bit too convoluted, and would have lost a few viewers attention. Nevertheless, a very good two-parter. I still prefer the Dalek opening story, but this was okay. 7/10

• Doctrue

October 10th, 2015 - 9:23pm

9/10

• Crazy Ross Who Died

October 10th, 2015 - 9:22pm

I really didn’t like the fourth wall being broken…

October 10th, 2015 - 9:18pm

Agree I thought he had a big resemblance to the shalka prime

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

October 10th, 2015 - 9:16pm

Pretty good. The Fisher King was done well, including the great design. The plot was fairly timey wimey, but I think I followed it. 🙂

• Doctordredd67

October 10th, 2015 - 9:14pm

Superb story. A wee bit of timey wimey put in where the doc crosses his own timeline. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

• Michael

October 10th, 2015 - 9:13pm

Fantastic. Brilliant conclusion to last week’s episode.

• ARandomWhovian

October 10th, 2015 - 9:13pm

I loved every second! Packed full of suspense and great writing from Toby Whithouse 10/10

• JasonisnotaRobot

October 10th, 2015 - 9:11pm

Great, Excellent conclusion!

• Dalekparadigm2

October 10th, 2015 - 9:09pm

What a great end to this two parter. Loved it. Absolutely great.