May 20th, 2017 89 comments

What did You Think of Series 10 Episode 6 Extremis ?

Now that the sixth episode of series 10 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

In the Haereticum – the Vatican’s secret library of blasphemy – there is an ancient book known only as The Veritas.

Throughout history, anyone who has ever read it has immediately taken their own life. Now a new translation is online, and the danger is spreading. The Vatican appeals to the Doctor. Will he read The Veritas? But can even the Doctor survive the ultimate truth?

Doctor Who Series 10 Parts 1 and 2 Blu-ray / DVD

Available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk

Available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

Peter Capaldi returns as Doctor Who for twelve thrilling adventures. He is joined by new companion, Bill (played by Pearl Mackie), along with returning loveable alien, Nardole (played by Matt Lucas).

• Sally Gunther

May 20th, 2017 - 9:43pm

I enjoyed it but think they should have given missy a miss, not cos I don’t like her but to keep it fresh with less returning faces.

• Olliander Woods

May 20th, 2017 - 9:35pm

Well no because the people who read the book are all people clever enough to work out that it’s a simulation. Therefore the monks placed the book in the simulation to work out which people were intelligent enough to be a threat in the real world.

• Mr. J

May 20th, 2017 - 9:34pm

Though I liked, I thought it was way too complicated and feels a bit wasted for me, considering 90% of it wasn’t real. It was like the first 5 minutes of an episode that set up what’s going on, but extended to 45 mins and next week is the final 40 minutes of an episode, that’s what it felt like, for me.

• prototype dalek

May 20th, 2017 - 9:20pm

I thought it was quite good and very deep, interesting to see it unfold next week

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 20th, 2017 - 9:06pm

Exactly! I came on here expecting positive reviews but it’s mostly just complaints. It’s clearly the most divisive episode yet this series.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 20th, 2017 - 9:04pm

Well, I appear to be in the minority, but I thoroughly enjoyed Extremis. So far in series 10…

The Pilot: 8/10
    Smile: 6.5/10
    Thin Ice: 8/10
    Knock Knock: 7/10
    Oxygen: 7.5/10
    Extremis: 9/10

Average score so far: 7.7/10

• Jordan Scott

May 20th, 2017 - 8:50pm

Not completely pointless no, but it basically ends where it started except this time we know stuff that we didn’t before. Moffat has said in an interview that Missy is definitely in the vault so I’m not sure what possible twists there could be. I just hope this three parter is worth it and not just a waste of three episodes.

• DannyTheNerd

May 20th, 2017 - 8:48pm

Everyone’s seems to be complaining about this episode. HAVE YOU ALL LOST YA’LL MINDS, THIS IS THE BEST ONE IN SERIES 10 SO FAR

• Bill M

May 20th, 2017 - 8:45pm

Poor and more than a little confusing. I mean, if the aliens wanted to run a simulation of Earth to help them conquer it, why would they put a book inside the simulation that effectively told everyone that nothing was real ? Wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of it ?

• The Dalek Whovian

May 20th, 2017 - 8:42pm

Well that got deep didn’t it?

• Clive tyldsley

May 20th, 2017 - 8:40pm

It won’t be missy

• Robin

May 20th, 2017 - 8:39pm

I agree this was back to series 9 stuff. Thought it was ok definitely the worst episode yet of this series and yes there will still be a twist in the vault

• booboo

May 20th, 2017 - 8:35pm

I think he has been guarding a Hologram

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 20th, 2017 - 8:34pm

Good point. That is a possibility.

• D0CT0R WH0

May 20th, 2017 - 8:27pm

I found this episode so boring that I wanted to read the vertias.

• Matt Parker

May 20th, 2017 - 8:27pm

Knowing that John Simm is in the series somewhere I wouldn’t be too sure we’ve seen the reveal just yet

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 20th, 2017 - 8:27pm

You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but I wouldn’t say it’s at all pointless. It’s just set up the plot for the next 2 episodes. And, in my opinion, it did that in style. Obviously you disagree with that and that’s OK, but I don’t think it was pointless.

• WFK DVD Collector 17

May 20th, 2017 - 8:26pm

Much better then expected. Though I thought that the cliffhanger was a bit of an anti-climax.

• Matt Parker

May 20th, 2017 - 8:26pm

Typical Moffat,,,,,taking the series back to gobbledygook land. Good acting but was checking how long was left 15 minutes in to it…..disappointed, but next week looks good.

• r1ch1e

May 20th, 2017 - 8:26pm

I don’t think she is in there! Red herring Moffat style!!!

• Whorules

May 20th, 2017 - 8:26pm

Brilliant. And it didn’t actually confirm missy is actually in the vault. She probably is, but as boo boo pointed out below by asking ‘is she?’ There is no guarantee that moffat isn’t messing with us and tricking us into assuming she is still in there.

• r1ch1e

May 20th, 2017 - 8:25pm

Until I actually see Missy walk out of that Vault I will not be convinced that it is Missy in there! Bare in mind we haven’t even seen her go in yet! I think there is still slot to happen.

As for the episode itself I thought it was very different to the rest of the series. I have really enjoyed the episodes that preceded it but this episode had my heart racing more than any other. And that is a good thing. 9/10

• Jordan Scott

May 20th, 2017 - 8:24pm

Well, this has dropped back to series 9 standards. Vault reveal was underwhelming and badly handled, episode was confusing as hell and nobody else in the room understood what was going on – even I barely did! Also it was pointless and may as well not have happened at all. 🙁

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 20th, 2017 - 8:23pm

Oh, I was already 90% sure Missy was in there. Didn’t spoil the enjoyment for me! Besides, most of the episode wasn’t about the vault.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

May 20th, 2017 - 8:21pm

Amazing episode! Tense and gripping throughout. Easily the best episode this series so far for me.

• Mark Belsom

May 20th, 2017 - 8:20pm

That’s the only thing that let the episode down,so obvious.

• booboo

May 20th, 2017 - 8:20pm

is she?

• Doctor909

May 20th, 2017 - 8:20pm

I thought that was weird, personally. I’m not sure if I enjoyed it. It was a good idea but I just feel it was odd and I can’t place my finger on why.

• Mark Belsom

May 20th, 2017 - 8:20pm

All I’m going to say is what an episode,loved it.

• Doctorfan

May 20th, 2017 - 8:19pm

I was so disappointed when i found out missy was in the vault!!!