November 1st, 2014 229 comments

Series Eight Story Arc Who is Missy – Revealed

In the mysterious world of the Nethersphere, plans have been drawn up. Missy is about to come face to face with the Doctor, and an impossible choice is looming.

master-2

master-1

master (1)

master (2)

master (3)

master (4)

master (5)

master (6)

master (7)

• the astronaut of death

October 29th, 2014 - 8:17pm

hmmmm

• Jay

October 29th, 2014 - 8:13pm

Possibly another incarnation of River Song?

October 29th, 2014 - 7:45pm

rassilon!

• the

October 29th, 2014 - 7:34pm

found this

Missy = Miss C = Miss Clara = Clara Oswald

• TheDoctorWhoGeek

October 29th, 2014 - 5:37pm

None of the trailers have gone “Who’s Missy”. I agree that she is a new character, and suggesting that because there is speculation and intrigue she has to be someone already established seems a little ridiculous! ;P

• RUSTY

October 29th, 2014 - 1:23pm

yh i like totaly agrree n i like moustache flavored chesse puffs

• Kevin

October 29th, 2014 - 1:08pm

Here’s a suggestion that I know is gonna turn a few hairs grey, but why cant “Missy” be an older but twisted Rose Tyler, maybe from a parallel universe, she always had a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with her Doctor(s)

• CJ

October 29th, 2014 - 9:17am

I like the idea of that

• I talk to computers (it’s daymon not demun)

October 29th, 2014 - 8:44am

I think she is Clara’s mum

• The Dark Doctor

October 29th, 2014 - 8:19am

What if Missy is someone the Doctor met years afgo an trusted with the task for caring for his dead friends (maybe their souls). He may have promised to go back for her but never did so now she’s turned against him and are giving his dead friends remains to the Cybermen as payback.

• CJ

October 28th, 2014 - 8:40pm

I can’t see her being the Master

• the astronuat of death

October 28th, 2014 - 8:33pm

after alot of thinking

I think she is the master.

• the astornuat of death

October 28th, 2014 - 8:29pm

why would all the trailers speculate and teas who missy is if it is someone new

• the astornuat of death

October 28th, 2014 - 8:28pm

clearly?

• CJ

October 28th, 2014 - 8:20pm

Honestly guys, I don’t know why we are wasting our time thinking of who Missy could be, although it’s good to speculate, Missy is clearly a brand new character. It would be a new low to bring up a character that’s had their story done with.

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

October 28th, 2014 - 7:11pm

maybe clara died in the time stream and missy resurrected her

• Davroslives

October 28th, 2014 - 6:21pm

Could she be another incarnation of the Tardis?

• The Cuckoo Clock

October 28th, 2014 - 6:19pm

I think Missy is Simon Cowell

• The Doctor

October 28th, 2014 - 3:32pm

More on the theory though, missy is working with a team called 3W, and I think it stands for 3 worlds, earth, nether sphere and gallifrey, and if this is true then possibly the nether sphere is the between world of gallifrey and earth, limbo if you will, and if my theory is right, the master needs the doctor to make gallifrey return to the earths universe, and the only way to do that is if the doctor dies, and in the trailer he looks as if he is falling to his death. I’m not sure where the cybermen come in however the master has linked with them before and I think they could be there as a distraction possibly, I don’t know I could be right, I could be wrong, but it might be like the slitheen episode for the 9th doctor, the pig being just a distraction so that the real plan doesn’t get derailed.

• The Doctor Wolf

October 28th, 2014 - 12:30pm

Yes we do – and good thing too, the characters reached her natural end

• the

October 28th, 2014 - 10:35am

yes but river and the doctor are always meeting in the wrong order

so whos to say river never had an adventure with the 12th doctor

• the eternal doctor

October 28th, 2014 - 10:20am

I think she is rassilon and the promise land is galifrey and when galifrey went outside the universe it went to haven maybe that’s why the finale is called death in heaven

• Antipodian Bob

October 28th, 2014 - 6:41am

perhaps the spirit of the machine? The tardis has changed too so why not the spirit in the machine.

• Exterminator

October 28th, 2014 - 2:17am

I think Missy is the grim reaper/death and the promised land is Mondas.

I’ve no idea why shes helping the cybermen though.

Can’t wait to find out.

• stephen m

October 27th, 2014 - 8:22pm

When she said she had chosen Clara, it reminded me of fenric and his manipulation of ace

• Drwho101

October 27th, 2014 - 7:14pm

Do you know who she is?

• Cyber10Dalek

October 27th, 2014 - 6:35pm

The new trailer shows some interesting things.At 0:14 we see a skeletal hand pressing a button,at 0:18 we see a figure rising behind the Doctor in a chamber and what is striking me the most is Clara is a LOT less villainous in this trailer.While this confirms she must get her evil influence a bit later on in the ep,or if she gets it at the start loses it until the end,there are now even more questions! I think that since we can see a figure in what looks to be one of those rooms with a chair and it is skeletal,those chairs are where the subjects sit to be upgraded.Also,the Doctor questions why someone would watch the tombs since the dead don’t come back,pretty much saying that i was right about people getting stored in those tombs when they go to the Nethersphere.All this is strengthening my beliefs that the Cybermen are using the Nethersphere to build up and army for the invasion we will see in this episode! Please reply and give your thoughts and theories

• BooBoo fan

October 27th, 2014 - 5:44pm

stop referencing Kingdom

• GallifreyanKnight

October 27th, 2014 - 4:39pm

No Finlay.

• GallifreyanKnight

October 27th, 2014 - 4:39pm

She’s not the Master, the Rani, or any other old character in a new incarnation.