November 1st, 2014 229 comments

Series Eight Story Arc Who is Missy – Revealed

In the mysterious world of the Nethersphere, plans have been drawn up. Missy is about to come face to face with the Doctor, and an impossible choice is looming.

master-2

master-1

master (1)

master (2)

master (3)

master (4)

master (5)

master (6)

master (7)

• CJ

November 2nd, 2014 - 8:37am

I think it was St Pauls Cathedral

• CJ

November 2nd, 2014 - 7:50am

Knowing the Master he would of stole a set of regenerations…

• wouldyoulikeajellybaby

November 2nd, 2014 - 6:46am

Where/

• wouldyoulikeajellybaby

November 2nd, 2014 - 6:45am

Doctor skarosa could be omega the founder of gallifrey and i would like to see Missy/master in her tardis but im big on skarosa theory.

• paul c

November 2nd, 2014 - 4:28am

Well i didn’t see that one coming! i know there are comments about how can the master now be female? lets not forget a timelord can be whoever he/she wants to be! don’t forget the Corsair actually swapped genders too!
    I think this new version of the master/ missy and yes im confused now… will bring a new sinister edge to a classic character!
    I think i need a nice lie down now! 🙂

• Liason Ice

November 2nd, 2014 - 4:15am

It bugs me that I’ve become one of those annoying people who complain about every episode but Moffat has really backed me into a corner this year

• Harold Saxon

November 2nd, 2014 - 3:12am

Delightful , glad he/she is back ! Delicious episode and good cliff hanger

• Obsie

November 2nd, 2014 - 1:55am

I assume we are going to be told how Missy/The Master has access to Time Lord technology since they are lost at the moment somewhere. If so, where’s his/her TARDIS?

• The Doctor

November 2nd, 2014 - 1:19am

YEASSSSSSSSSS I GOT IT RIGHT, maybe not the background but it’s the master

• MrHaloWho

November 2nd, 2014 - 12:38am

I think the red phone box is her TARIDS.

• MrHaloWho

November 2nd, 2014 - 12:37am

When Missy said “You left me,” I thought it was Susan. I then wondered why she was kissing him and thought of Romana. Why would the Master say the Doctor loved him (/her)?

• Big poo

November 1st, 2014 - 11:43pm

That was all explained in The End of Time.

• starshipalaska

November 1st, 2014 - 11:39pm

My explanation (not sure if its 100% correct):

In the End Of Time, the Master sacrificed himself to defeat the Time Lords and send them back into the Time War to burn in the final moments. However it was revealed in the Day of the Doctor that Gallifrey was never actually destroyed: only removed from time somewhere. Therefore even before this episode aired we knew that the Master was alive somewhere with them. Hence, the Doctor also had this knowledge, but hasn’t yet found Gallifrey, so according the Master ‘left him there’. No idea what caused him to regenerate. 🙂

• Rob

November 1st, 2014 - 11:36pm

I’ve just remembered when the master was last in DW and he died but at the end a woman’s hand picked up his ring. At the time I thought it was Saxons wife but now we know.

November 1st, 2014 - 11:26pm

Well, when did the doctor leave the master? He left Romana, I mean, the master’s good now. What caused him/her to regenerate?

• Sebatron

November 1st, 2014 - 11:12pm

Steven Moffat you fantastic GENIUS!!!

This episode was amazing, and I screamed at the reveal!

The Master is back, or is it Missy? 🙂

Bring on Next Week!!

• what just happened on who!

November 1st, 2014 - 11:04pm

the master (missy) kissed the doctor

• Sebatron

November 1st, 2014 - 10:55pm

When a Time Lord regenerates, it can be any gender, no matter which one they had before

• Sir doctor

November 1st, 2014 - 10:26pm

I’ve just dipped into the future. And back again just seen the new master and the carthdrall is her tardis

• Matthew Nelson

November 1st, 2014 - 10:24pm

I was expecting the Rani but how can a women be the Master?

I am too confused right now.

November 1st, 2014 - 10:19pm

Lol!

• simon w

November 1st, 2014 - 10:14pm

Wow good story. I was talking to a friend and another who fan acouple of weeks ago who I thought Missy was and I sayed to him I think she is a femail version of the master and he sayed I dont think so. I sayed the master could regemerate into a woman at some point in time so could the doctor he was no the master will alwas be a woman. He has egg on his face now. lol Hope next weeks final is going to be a good one.

• Michael

November 1st, 2014 - 10:08pm

i was well dissapointed the master was redeemed and moffat ruined it

• WFK DVD Collector 14

November 1st, 2014 - 9:51pm

I can’t believe it! What a shock! I thought it was the Rani right up until it was revealed!

Still though… Could Moffat just have fooled everyone?

November 1st, 2014 - 9:28pm

Well your right.

November 1st, 2014 - 9:25pm

Here I am from the future, and as we all know now it’s. ..
    Well I wont spoil it but lets just say that Steven Moffat is a liar.

• Ian

November 1st, 2014 - 8:14pm

Not the Master, not the Rani.

Either Clara or Romana – final guess

But still have the nagging Valyard in my head due to the blatant name drop in the previous series.

• Ian

November 1st, 2014 - 8:13pm

Not the Master, not the Rani.

Either Clara or Romana – final guess.

• LordofWHO

November 1st, 2014 - 7:52pm

Final guess of a new version of the Valeyard

• the astronaut of death

November 1st, 2014 - 7:17pm

ok my final guess in the master