September 19th, 2015 55 comments

The Witch’s Familiar Trailers Sat 26th 7.45pm – 8.35pm

The Witch’s Familiar Sat 26 September 7.45pm – 8.35pm

Trapped and alone in a terrifying Dalek city, the Doctor is at the heart of an evil Empire: no sonic, no TARDIS, nobody to help. With his greatest temptation before him, can the Doctor resist?

And will there be mercy?

Writer: Steven Moffat
Director: Hettie Macdonald
Producer: Peter Bennett

• Some bloke

September 20th, 2015 - 6:43pm

It’s “All Praise Davros”…

• doctor who’s no 1 fan

September 20th, 2015 - 6:19pm

!!!!!

September 20th, 2015 - 6:12pm

Wedding of river song.

September 20th, 2015 - 6:11pm

You clearly don’t die then

• The Cyber Squirrel

September 20th, 2015 - 5:18pm

I think it was “WHO ERASED DAVROS?”

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

September 20th, 2015 - 4:12pm

Lord President – Sounded like to me “Always Davros !! Always Davros !! Always Davros !!”.

• Lord President

September 20th, 2015 - 3:56pm

What is that the Supreme Dalek says in the “Next Time” trailer? Something Davros, something Davros? Please tell me?!

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

September 20th, 2015 - 3:26pm

Davros was born evil, so him turning good is practically never going to happen, and as someone who has listened to the ‘I’Davros’ audios from Big Finish, it’s quite clear Davros never will be good.

In one of the aforementioned ‘I’Davros’ audios, or perhaps another Davros audio, someone says to Davros “don’t you feel ?” or something like that, he replies –

“Feel ? . . . . I don’t feel anything”.

So Davros has no sense of feeling. His pure evil, and his Daleks are very much an extension of his inability to care and feel for others other then himself.

September 20th, 2015 - 11:41am

I hope Davros doesn’t plan on killing all his daleks I couldn’t cope if he suddenly turned good

September 20th, 2015 - 8:22am

Spoilers though, they wanted a lot to be a secret

September 20th, 2015 - 8:20am

They weren’t in series 6

September 20th, 2015 - 8:20am

That was in the Guitar scene in TMA

• Dalek the Supreme

September 20th, 2015 - 4:07am

Great theories. Both likely.

• Dalek the Supreme

September 20th, 2015 - 4:06am

Well, I have to say I’m interested to see where this all is going. I’m expecting a cop out being what brings Missy and Clara back, but the rest of the episode is a real wildcard. It could be engaging and exciting, or an insulting cop out. Hopefully we won’t get another Death in Heaven type ending where all the Daleks fly up into the… um… maybe they won’t explode and save the day because of the power of love? Oh well. I’m just gonna have to see.

• Dalek the Supreme

September 20th, 2015 - 4:01am

I have to say that I did not honestly thing that the boy was Davros, and thought wishful thinking was what brought the notion. I commend you on actually successfully predicting the central conflict of the episode.

• cman1O1dalek

September 20th, 2015 - 12:33am

looks like Davros wants to came back too and oh how I missed those white corridors

September 19th, 2015 - 10:09pm

The grey Dalek on the higher level looks like it’s from Remembrance of the Daleks.

• dan23uk

September 19th, 2015 - 9:48pm

In one of the trailers on youtube i think the doctors said “and all of me are invited “

• 2doctors2000

September 19th, 2015 - 9:47pm

The Doctor said something interesting – Davros made the Daleks, but who made Davros, maybe he falls into the reality trap, being faced with death from the Doctor inadvertently scarred him and allowed him to produce the Daleks from his thoughts and ideas in the first place. Or maybe in the original timeline that he might re-write he left them there for good, and he was immobilised and placed in a wheelchair eventually. We don’t know whether the incident where the Doctor wants to kill Davros is already part of the timeline?

• Davros

September 19th, 2015 - 9:32pm

I know what happens I was there!!

• Rory The Roman

September 18th, 2015 - 2:53am

I hope in the new season they’ll bring some old doctors back (like in the day of the doctor. Maby the 12th, 11th, and 10th or something like that.

• Dalek the Supreme

September 14th, 2015 - 8:25pm

I hope the temptation mentioned is related to the ‘Good Dalek’ concept of last year’s Into the Dalek. “If I can turn one Dalek, I can turn them all.” I’d be interested to see how the series would handle turning the Doctor’s greatest enemies into good guys, at least for a while. It would make a nice change, seeing as they’re featured every season.

• A

September 12th, 2015 - 7:46am

Right. Let’s assume the boy is Davros. Let’s assume the Doctor does save him (perhaps from his first injury – maybe the field of eye hands was the cause of his paralysis, but not fatal. Something that was meant to happen in the evolution of the Davros we know).
    WHY assume the Doctor’s greatest temptation is to KILL Davros?
    This is the Doctor. Wouldn’t it be more likely he would be tempted to watch over Davros in the hope he could prevent the injuries which led Davros into insanity. If Davros could grow up with all his intellect & none of the bitterness… I think the Doctor might try that if he could.
    But what of the Daleks? If Davros never created them (either because the Doctor killed or saved him) wouldn’t that cause a massive paradox? Maybe that’s why there are so many different Daleks. The last survivors, echos of the time when Davros was insane.

• JellyBaby100

September 11th, 2015 - 3:43pm

Nah it’s just another 60s model.

• The Mire

September 11th, 2015 - 11:59am

If the Davros rumor is true, then a.better title would have been The Saviour of the Daleks.

• Rassilon Productions

September 11th, 2015 - 8:56am

8 seconds in, Is that a ‘revelation’ Dalek behind Dalek Sec??

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

September 11th, 2015 - 8:19am

‘With his greatest TEMPTATION before him’ . . a clear indication that Davros is that boy from the ‘Magician’s Apprentice’ trailer, and that the Doctor will obviously be TEMPTED to kill Davros as a child !. We all know for a fact the story is loosely being based on that famous bit of dialogue from ‘Genesis of the Daleks’, in fact I can just imagine it now.

Boy: HELP ME !!.

Doctor: It’s ok, I’m here, give me your hand . . . . right, now JUMP !! . . . . there now, you alright .

Boy: Yes, thank you sir.

Doctor: Your very welcome, what’s your name ?.

Boy: Davros . . . .

And then the Doctor just stares in disbelief when he realizes his with Davros as a child, looking at him as seen in the above video.

DAVROS LIVES !! 😀

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

September 11th, 2015 - 8:12am

I’m cool with it myself Obsie, besides, it’s a regular time slot for modern day Doctor Who to me these days 😉

• Obsie

September 10th, 2015 - 11:31pm

I see that the show returns at 7:40pm. Out of curiosity, what does any one think of it’s time slot ?

• A

September 10th, 2015 - 7:11pm

Nine more sleeps to go… I can hardly stand it. I’m not sure if reading hints & speculation is helping. And yet…
    The Doctor faces temptation when he has no one to check him. Oh dear. That doesn’t usually go well.
    And breathe. Just nine more sleeps & the start of this will be shown.
    (Yes I realise it’s 16 to the Witch’s Familiar but first episode first). 48 hours of the tedium of work. A handful of slightly diverting TV shows. An attempt at a measured re-watching of series 8 which will probably degenerate into a binge watch (or several). And Playstation to break things up. I might just make it.