We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Further Treats at the Official Doctor Who Festival
Further Time Lord treats added to the official Doctor Who Festival
ExCel Exhibition Centre, London
Friday 13th, Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th November
Tickets on general sale now from www.doctorwhofestival.com
BBC Worldwide is thrilled to confirm additional activities for the official Doctor Who Festival, including a special guest appearance by Mark Gatiss on Friday 13th November.
Doctor Who Festival is the only official event this year to include appearances from Peter Capaldi, Michelle Gomez and Ingrid Oliver as well as Executive Producer Steven Moffat. An event for fans of all ages, the Festival offers a fantastic opportunity to get the inside track from the cast and crew of Doctor Who in this extravaganza of immersive and interactive opportunities.
Along with Theatre Panels with the show’s stars, further panels have now been scheduled to take place across the weekend with all seven Series 9 writers, as well as shows and demonstrations by special effects companies Real SFX and Millennium FX, and exclusive looks at three sets from Series 9.
Ticket holders also get the chance to take part in Drama School sessions run by one of the show’s Directors, in addition to trying their hand out at some of the many jobs on set in the Production Village.
- The minds behind Doctor Who will be quizzed in the Writer’s Panel where all series 9 writers; Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Sarah Dollard, Toby Whithouse, Catherine Tregenna, Peter Harness and Jamie Mathieson will talk through the development and design of some of the show’s favourite characters and compelling storylines
- Special Effects supervisor Danny Hargreaves and his team at Real SFX reveal what happens on a typical day’s filming and wow fans with their impressive live show
- Multi-award winning artists Millennium FX will be bringing a monster to life in a live demonstration
- Big Finish will give ticket holders the opportunity to have a go at voice acting, learning from the voice of the Daleks himself, Nick Briggs
- Photo opportunities with Mark Gatiss, Danny Hargreaves and Nick Briggs are also now available for purchase via the website
- Visitors will experience what it’s really like to be on the Doctor Who set in front of and behind the camera in the Drama School and Production Village
- Two of the iconic sets from series 9 will be on open display to all ticket holders, and the set of Clara’s Living Room will be available to ticket holders for photo opportunities
- Fans of the show will also be put to the test in the Doctor Who Festival Cosplay Showcase and the Fan Challenge
For further details on the activities at Doctor Who Festival, visit www.doctorwhofestival.com
DAY TICKET PRICES
BE QUICK! TICKETS FOR SATURDAY HAVE ALMOST SOLD OUT
Standard ticket: £65
Standard child ticket: £30
Standard family ticket: £165
TARDIS ticket: £110 SOLD OUT
TARDIS child ticket: £50 SOLD OUT
TARDIS family ticket: £285 SOLD OUT
The ticket price includes day entry to the Festival, access to three theatre shows, lanyard, show planner and access to all the activity in the Festival Hall. TARDIS tickets also include the brochure, lounge access, front block theatre show seats and a Limited Edition Doctor Who Festival 2015 T-shirt. Tickets, further information and monthly newsletters are available from www.doctorwhofestival.com
Doctor Who Festival will also be coming to Australia a week after on 21st-22nd November 2015. Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat will also be attending the Australian event.