January 24th, 2013 32 comments

BBC Worldwide 50th Anniversary official Website

bbc-site - Copy

Official BBC Worldwide 50th Anniversary Website (Beta)

BBC Worldwide has launched an official website to celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who. It features news, events, galleries, videos and a shop.

Join now for adventures in space and time:

• Enter competitions
• Get regular newsletters
• Receive exclusive Doctor Who and BBC Worldwide offers

You can find it at www.doctorwho.tv

• andrew beech

July 16th, 2013 - 1:10pm

Hi Dawn – I was there, but I think it was actually September, 1966, as it was around my 8th birthday!

… and Dene, it wasn’t a recording of a TV episode – it was a PA (personal appearance) by ‘The Doctor’ (William Hartnell) at an RAF air show in Yorkshire.

I was excited beyond belief actually to meet the Doctor (albeit as one of a gaggle of young kids), and will never forget it!

• Dene

March 18th, 2013 - 1:42pm

Does anyone know which episode the daleks were in at Finningley?
    I’m currently helping out as a volunteer at the Vulcan’s hangar and would be very interested in seeing it
    Thanks

• Ken Coleman

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:27am

It’s an ability of the Timelords, when they are close to death, they can choose(or maybe it’s involuntary, not sure on that part) to have their damaged bodies remade into a new body, with all their memories and personality intact, with a few minor changes. That’s how it works in the show, they came up with the idea originally probably because William Hartnell left the show and they needed an explanation on why there was a new actor playing the same character.

• Urgent

February 9th, 2013 - 9:59pm

BooBoo you haven’t updated the River/Doctor timeline in quite a while!

• Timothy Rodmell

February 9th, 2013 - 9:48pm

Something about her name….Oswin Oswald. Lee Harvey Oswald 50 years ago?

February 9th, 2013 - 1:40pm

it’s thecrack from season 5 and insted of erasing her its sort of spreadind her across many earth time streams as a trap for the dr by the master!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11matt

January 29th, 2013 - 8:22pm

im interested to learn more i am too young to have been there

• the astronaut of death

January 29th, 2013 - 4:33pm

cool

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 29th, 2013 - 3:23pm

Jack and Rory.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 29th, 2013 - 3:22pm

Just cos a character dies twice [or in old Jack Rory’s case several times over] don’t make them a Time Lord.

• Dawn

January 29th, 2013 - 2:19pm

Hi, I have some fascinating historial information on an event that took place in 1965 and I’m trying to find out if anyone is interested, or was there on that day.
    In September 1965, My Dad helped the original Doctor, William Hartnell, blow up the daleks! It was part of a special themed Battle of Britain show, at RAF Finningley. Vulcans and Lancasters were there that day to help save our planet! I was there and remember it well. Dad was involved in the production, and chose all the music.
    If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks.

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

January 28th, 2013 - 7:50pm

I quite like Rassilon’s theory, but I dont know if in the Who world that it would be ok to have two doctors together at one point. isn’t that a paradox?

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 28th, 2013 - 6:17pm

All that is currently know is that Doctor Who – Series 7 part 2 starts on Saturday 30th March 2013. Steven Moffat is writing the 50th Anniversary special, and Mark Gatiss is producing a drama-documentary set in 1963 during the months before Doctor Who’s pilot episode ‘An Unearthly Child’ with actors playing the shows creators and actors who created the best series ever in the first place 😀

• Bailey fan

January 28th, 2013 - 5:20pm

I think Clara might be a time lord because if she died twice then she’s a time lord

• booboo

January 28th, 2013 - 1:30pm

nothing announced yet but i expect there will be quite a few

• LovelyKerry

January 28th, 2013 - 1:28pm

are there any Dr Who events in 2013?

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 28th, 2013 - 8:07am

What on Gallifrey makes you think she’s a female version of the Doctor ?.

I don’t know where some fan’s get these ideas.

Far as I’m concerned, there’s a splinter in time and space, and this splinter causes various version of Clara to be born at different times in history, living different lives and dying in different ways, but still the same woman none the less.

• Ken Coleman

January 28th, 2013 - 3:43am

I think something they should do for the 50th anniversary is to release Doctor Who Classic in Season Box Sets rather than the individual stories that they do now. I mean, they should have done that anyway, but doing it in line with the anniversary would be a nice touch at this point.

January 28th, 2013 - 3:42am

I think something special they should to for the 50th anniversary is release Doctor Who Classic in season Box Sets instead of just individual stories. I mean, they should have done that anyway, but doing it in line with the anniversary would be a nice touch at this point

• Rassilon

January 26th, 2013 - 8:05am

Off topic but I had a theory about clara
    I think clara is the twelfth doctor or a version of him,splintered across time due to something in the regeneration process,the doctor arrives on trenzalore and somehow his name messes with time causing him to regenerate and him/her to be split across the universe,his name is dangerous cause it is something to do with time and once said his future/clara is split across time

• crazy guy

January 25th, 2013 - 9:47pm

whose that

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 25th, 2013 - 8:47am

The site works perfectly for me. The games page just features ‘Worlds in Time’ which you can play online for free, ‘The Eternity Clock’ which it says you can download on PSN or buy from Amazon, and ‘The Maze’s of Time’ which you can download on either Android or IOS.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

January 25th, 2013 - 8:27am

WH0-TASTIC !!!! 😀

• Hector Sandler

January 25th, 2013 - 8:06am

That will be great. I won’t even criticised the Doctor I never liked.

• Dr Evil Fez

January 24th, 2013 - 8:28pm

AWESOME!

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

January 24th, 2013 - 6:33pm

looks good!

• Matt Smithy

January 24th, 2013 - 6:15pm

ps: why can’t I look at any pages? I try to go to games, it fails. If i try to click the doctors face, it fails?

• Stephen Thompson

January 24th, 2013 - 6:10pm

I have been a fan of Doctor Who ever since from 1963 to 2013 my wish is to have Mat smith’s autograph along with Amy and Roy pond and Melody Pond i have been watching your series while i was in Australia we went to the Doctor Who Experience at Cardiff. i am interested in joining Doctor Who fan club in Hereford

• Matt Smithy

January 24th, 2013 - 6:06pm

🙁
    I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s great! Its just I was making my own version bu now they already have an official one. Now I can’t finish it as the BBC will just take it down

• Proffesor When

January 24th, 2013 - 5:37pm

Oh my giddy aunt how awesome!