September 15th, 2012 74 comments

What did you Think of A Town Called Mercy?

What did you Think of A Town Called Mercy?

The third episode of series 7a has aired so what did you think?, was it the best episode ever or just average.

The Doctor gets a Stetson (and a gun!), and finds himself the reluctant Sheriff of a Western town under siege by a relentless cyborg, who goes by the name of the Gunslinger.

But who is he and what does he want? The answer seems to lie with the mysterious Kahler-Jex, an alien doctor (yes another one!) whose initial appearance is hiding a dark secret.

• Esterath

September 15th, 2012 - 10:11pm

Really?! Why?! I loved it! The best out of the three!

• The 14th Doctor

September 15th, 2012 - 10:04pm

For me, Doctor who has scored a hat trick. Three fantastic episode. The next one looks fantastic as well. It’s been good, after putting up with series 6, which seemed all right at the time, but looking back just seems stupid.

Also, Susan the horse was amazing.

• The 14th Doctor

September 15th, 2012 - 10:01pm

David Tennant overacted in a major way and to be honest, I never understood why people loved him so much. I prefer Matt Smith because he behaves in a more alien way.

• booboo

September 15th, 2012 - 9:58pm

Ok, my least favourite of the 3 so far to be honest though

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

September 15th, 2012 - 9:57pm

on a down side, the titles didnt look good, ep 2 ones are the best.

• duckter who

September 15th, 2012 - 9:41pm

omg, the doctor is getting darker 😮 vallyard?

• The TARDIS

September 15th, 2012 - 9:29pm

And Valeyard means “Doctor of Law”.

• the astronaut of death

September 15th, 2012 - 9:22pm

what did you think of this ep booboo

• KORSAIR

September 15th, 2012 - 9:09pm

A nice no nonsence story, I liked it.

• matparks08

September 15th, 2012 - 9:08pm

Last week I was embarrassed to call myself a Doctor Who fan and, having been one for 30 years, it was hard to admit to it…..and then…..rising like a phoenix from the ashes comes, quite possibly, the best story from matt Smith so far – no stupidity, no nonsense characters – a straightforward sci-fi western, action, suspense, drama – just amazing. The cyborg was very threatening (parading around the rocky outcrops like a grim reaper waiting for his time to strike) and excellent acting from all concerned especially the Doctor who finally realised that if he’d killed the ‘threat’ at the start (like Daleks, etc) that millions of people would then not have gone on to die. I know some people like the ‘funny’ Who stories like last week but, for me, this is where Doctor Who should be. icould happily have seen it over two weeks – and in this darker Doctor I could picture Colin Baker throwing jex out to his fate, and Sylvester McCoy plotting how to work out the right decision in the end whilst staring death in the face – which for me made it work even more. i don’t know if next week will live up to this standard (I really hope the Angels story coming up after it will though) and I can happily shout back out again that I’M A DOCTOR WHO FAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant stuff!

• the astronaut of death

September 15th, 2012 - 9:04pm

in my opinion matt smith is the best doctor ever

• The TARDIS

September 15th, 2012 - 9:02pm

The Valeyard was everything dark in the Doctor. He tried to nget the Doctor killed in Trial of a Time Lord so that he could have all of his regenerations and exists between his twelfth and thirteen bodies.

• Whovian

September 15th, 2012 - 8:59pm

Who’s the valeyard? Is he a timelord? What does valeyard mean?!?!?!

• The TARDIS

September 15th, 2012 - 8:58pm

It’s really a matter of opinion, I think Matt Smith brings a very alien feel to the part that the likes of Patrick Troughton and Tom Baker did and that, I hate to say, David Tennant completely lacked.

• alan morris

September 15th, 2012 - 8:55pm

I have watched doctor who since jon pertwee and I sorry to say this doctor we have now is the worst

• That Cyborg over there

September 15th, 2012 - 8:45pm

It wasn’t good…. It was absolutely brilliant! I had high hopes for this episode and Toby Whithouse did not disappoint. Matt Smith was brilliant as usual and Adrian Scarborough was an excellent choice for Kahler-Jex – he was also brilliant! All in all, a brilliant episode!

Looking forward to TPOT (I prefer kettles) next week! 😀

P.S I said “brilliant2 a lot, didn’t I? 😉

• Mr Evil Fez

September 15th, 2012 - 8:44pm

This has been the best episode of 2005 onwards. Its not confusing, we see a darker side to the Doctor (Valeyard return???), and a amazing Gunslinger. 10/10.

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

September 15th, 2012 - 8:41pm

Finally! they didnt rush, took it nice and slow, but not too slow. it had a good balance of life and death, interesting to see the doctor lose it, and fantastic cast! brill! my best:

1 asylum of the daleks
    2 a town called mercy
    3 dinosaurs on a spaceship

• Boodleoo

September 15th, 2012 - 8:37pm

Maybe even better specially loved the sets and costumes, and acting, and plot and… the list could go on. 🙂

• sheepinafez

September 15th, 2012 - 8:36pm

THAT WAS AWSOMEEEEEE I WISH ASYLUM OF THE DALEKS HAD LIVED UP TO THOSE STANDARDS it seemed very tonned down just like normal doctor who i loved it soooooo much

• the astronaut of death

September 15th, 2012 - 8:33pm

brilliant episode loved every miniuit

p.s we need a cyborg figure

• Kevin

September 15th, 2012 - 8:33pm

That is what i’m talking about. Awesome episode, my fav so far, epic!

• timelord3

September 15th, 2012 - 8:33pm

I loved the way that the Doctor, Khaler Jex and the gunslinger,you think are good or bad and then they end up bad and the good again the somtimes both. and then al good in the end

• The TARDIS

September 15th, 2012 - 8:32pm

That was… not what I was expecting. Fantastic though, I like it when I’m taken by surprise!

• OODSIGMA

September 15th, 2012 - 8:31pm

BEST EVER EPISODE, AND NEXT WEEK LOOKS JUST AS GOOD!!!!!!

• Harold Saxon

September 15th, 2012 - 8:25pm

That was rare good,a sci-fi western,quite a movie feel to it,impressive and next weeks looks awesome in a ‘amy’s choice’type story kind of way.

• Boodleoo

September 15th, 2012 - 8:24pm

This episode I think was on par with asylum of the daleks.

September 15th, 2012 - 8:23pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW LOVE IT!!!!!

• BOOBOO JR

September 15th, 2012 - 8:22pm

Another great episode, Season 7 is shaping up to be a very good one. TPOT looked great from the next time trailer too!

• doctorpond393

September 15th, 2012 - 8:21pm

wow!!! That was a great episode! Next weeks looks the best of them all!
    “There are soldiers all over my house and i’m in my pants!”