November 8th, 2014 293 comments

What Did You Think of Death in Heaven?

Now that the 12th and final episode of series 8 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected…

dvd-comp2Doctor Who: Series 8 DVD/Blu-ray – BBC Shop Exclusive

Doctor Who The Complete Series 8 starring brand new Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldiand his trusty companion Clara, played by Jenna Coleman.

This Limited Edition BBC Shop exclusive Blu-ray or DVD set comes complete with a bright embossed TARDIS slipcase finished with silver foil and a ‘press here’ button, which when pressed plays the legendary TARDIS sound effect. The Collector’s Edition also contains 6 exclusive art cards featuring images of The Doctor and monsters from the new series.

uk-flag-small Available in the UK exclusively from www.bbcshop.com

deep-brath-newsThe Complete Series 8 DVD/Blu-ray

Doctor Who: Series 8 DVD. Available to pre-order now!

Series 8 of Doctor Who returns to UK TV screens on 23rd August, starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman as Clara.

The series is set to open with a feature length episode titled “Deep Breath”.

uk-flag-small DVD or Blu-ray available to order from www.bbcshop.com

uk-flag-small Also available to order from www.amazon.co.uk

usa-flag-smallBlu-ray available to order from www.amazon.com

usa-flag-smallDVD Available to order from www.amazon.com

• THE ERGON

November 9th, 2014 - 12:12pm

Totally at odds with the character. Should have let that one be.

• THE ERGON

November 9th, 2014 - 12:09pm

And was mentioned in ‘Dinosaurs on a spaceship’,so what,he was pulled from the brink of death and part converted. The cyber processing can,t be that consistent either and a bit coincidental that its both danny and the brig that aren,t.

• THE ERGON

November 9th, 2014 - 12:07pm

• The Dark Doctor

November 9th, 2014 - 11:49am

I’ve only 6 words to say about Stephen Moffat:

Don’t you think he looks tired?

• starshipalaska

November 9th, 2014 - 11:31am

Whole-heartedly disagree. Aside from the fact I thought it was a well-paced, well directed, well scripted episode, I thought Michelle Gomez was AMAZING as the Master. Why are you so desperate to drop her from the canon? I’m really not trying to challenge you here, I’m genuinely curious. What did she do wrong in your eyes? Also, I don’t really get what you mean about ‘playing with him/herself’ – seems like a totally irrelevant and strange issue that offers nothing to the argument of him not being played by a woman. But each to their own I guess.

• Exterminator

November 9th, 2014 - 11:28am

I have a few questions,

Why did Missy create the cyber army only to give it away to the Doctor?
    Why did she give Clara the Doctors phone number?
    Why did Missy give the Doctor Gallifreys location, only for him to find nothing there?
    Where have all the cybermen gone?
    Why did Clara lie to the Doctor at the end when he though she’d got Danny back?

• Michael irwin

November 9th, 2014 - 11:20am

I think the acting has been terrific. I love Dr Who and have done since I can remember. I think everyone has there favourite Dr, for different reasons. Yet, I love this Dr and Clara has been great! Long live Dr Who! Love you all my fellow fans.

• Obsie

November 9th, 2014 - 11:13am

Well I for one didn’t hate Clara’s character, hate is a big word and I’m far too small to use it. I just didn’t see any reason to change the titles when we know anyway which one is The Doctor. They did the same thing with the logo from “Asylum of the Daleks” onwards; it just seemed a bit gimmicky, and yes I’m probably being too picky.

November 9th, 2014 - 10:53am

It’s also inconsisent as the 7th Doctor said he was supposed to retire,remmary and die in his sleep.

• Big D

November 9th, 2014 - 10:48am

Plutopus. I agree completely. I didnt like them either, though pre this series I did like Clara. Unfortunately Mr Moffat has sought to, for reasons known only to him, completely ruin JLCs character (and the show in general) as he has brought in a pc, soap opera mentality to the show.
    I for one, now strongly believe that it is time for Mr Moffat to stand down and have someone new take the reins. This will allow both refreshment for the show, respect for Mr Capaldi and more time for Mr Moffat to concentrate on Sherlock, Hollywood and his many other ventures.

• CJ

November 9th, 2014 - 10:44am

Agents of U.N.I.T?

• CJ

November 9th, 2014 - 10:40am

It could of been the Zygon version that was killed

• The Surgeon

November 9th, 2014 - 10:39am

Worst finale since Doomsday, and if you don’t know what I thought of that it’s probably for the best.
    What was the explanation of Cyber-Pink not being controlled? If it was because of his love for Clara, I’m sorry, but no. They’ve already used love as a way of defeating the Cybermen: Closing Time, and look what happened there (good to see Gareth has been at least consistent with the steaming pile of poo that was the Caretaker).
    The best bit by far was Father Christmas at the end!

• Big D

November 9th, 2014 - 10:37am

Agreed completely with everything you say EXCEPT for your views on Missy.
    I thought Michelle Gomez’s performance was brilliant and brought a far more subtle and therfore more dangerous threat than the manically over the top performance of John Simm.
    This was brought to the fore in the lead up and the eventual killing of Osgood. And the way she moved from the ‘sweet and vulnerable’ Missy into the cold blooded killer was brilliant. If she had been allowed more screen time and conflict with the Doctor, then Im sure you would have a different opinion of her.

• KORSAIR

November 9th, 2014 - 10:30am

With you on that, the Master’s had more comebacks than Cher.

• Big D

November 9th, 2014 - 10:22am

I completely agree with you and have said as much previously but not so eloquently.

The fault for me lies squarely with Steven Moffat. He managed to turn a fantastic companion into the one youve outlined above.

I loved Clara pre this series (infact I said on here that she was my second favourite companion ever to the great Sarah Jane Smith) but this series has been made the worse by SMs decision to focus on her and Danny, whilst at the same time showing great disrespect for both Peter Capaldi and Doctor Who in general.

I found myself wishing, during this episode, that Missy would team up with the Doctor and travelled together instead of a human companion.

Absolutely loved Missy and Michelle Gomez needs every plaudit going for her portrayal.

• gil

November 9th, 2014 - 10:20am

Boring!

• MrHaloWho

November 9th, 2014 - 10:20am

I think they were trying to trick us into thinking that Clara is the Doctor. Her name was before Capaldi’s as well.

• MrHaloWho

November 9th, 2014 - 10:19am

Anyone else notice the actor for father christmas’s name?

Nick Frost = St Nicholas (father christmas) + Frost (and ice and snow)

• MrHaloWho

November 9th, 2014 - 10:17am

That’s a very informative comment, thanks.

• MrHaloWho

November 9th, 2014 - 10:15am

Nah, I’m sure she’ll come back. Moffat would NEVER actually kill a big character.

• MrHaloWho

November 9th, 2014 - 10:14am

I’m tired of people coming ‘back to life’. I was so relieved when it was the boy coming back, not Danny. He didn’t even say where the boy’s parents were. I’d guessed they’d died as well.

• Chiefdaleking

November 9th, 2014 - 10:12am

Don’t worry, the BBC will probably include her in Agents of Unit.

November 9th, 2014 - 10:11am

That should be Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges.

• matfav528

November 9th, 2014 - 10:06am

At a guess? She leaves the series and it was probably a tribute to her commitment to the show, Her character “clara” got so much “hate” from die hard fans.

Jenna is a fantastic actor and so is peter. They can’t help what is written for them to act…. the problem is with the writing.

Given all that, they did a fantastic job

November 9th, 2014 - 9:59am

Ahh.Seen it done on on Star Trek series episodes before like DS9’s “Inter Arnim Silent Liges”.Make it look like somebody’s been atomised by a phaser/disruptor when fractionally just before the beam hits the’ve been beamed/teleported out.

• KORSAIR

November 9th, 2014 - 9:56am

Thanks, I think you’ve just said everything that’s been buzzing round in my head, so now we’ve both got it off our chests.

• Kevin

November 9th, 2014 - 9:56am

Not my favourite finale to be honest, the Brigadier as a Cyberman is rather unsettling, with the amazing CGI available why couldn’t the Brigadier have made an appearance himself?? As for Danny Pink I believe we are due to see more from him after seeing his future relative in Kill The Moon, if dead how can he have offspring… Unless Clara IS pregnant!!!

• ColinB

November 9th, 2014 - 9:08am

Sorry I meant the brigadier cyberman not danby cyberman.

• Obsie

November 9th, 2014 - 8:50am

Was there a specifically good reason as to why we had Clara’s face in the titles instead of The Doctor’s, apart from being silly?