September 6th, 2014 163 comments

What Did You Think of Robot Of Sherwood?

Now that the Third episode of series 8 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected…

In a sun-dappled Sherwood forest, the Doctor discovers an evil plan from beyond the stars and strikes up an unlikely alliance with Robin Hood.

With all of Nottingham at stake, the Doctor must decide who is real and who is fake. Can impossible heroes really exist?

pt1

robotts1Doctor Who: Robot Hood T-Shirt

Exclusive t-shirt only available at BBC Shop.

With episode three of Doctor Who Series 8 comes BBC Shop’s third episode specific exclusive tee.

uk-flag-small Available exclusively from the bbc shop

dvd-comp2Doctor Who: Series 8 DVD/Blu-ray – BBC Shop Exclusive

Doctor Who The Complete Series 8 starring brand new Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldiand his trusty companion Clara, played by Jenna Coleman.

This Limited Edition BBC Shop exclusive Blu-ray or DVD set comes complete with a bright embossed TARDIS slipcase finished with silver foil and a ‘press here’ button, which when pressed plays the legendary TARDIS sound effect. The Collector’s Edition also contains 6 exclusive art cards featuring images of The Doctor and monsters from the new series.

uk-flag-small Available in the UK exclusively from www.bbcshop.com

deep-brath-newsThe Complete Series 8 DVD/Blu-ray

Doctor Who: Series 8 DVD. Available to pre-order now!

Series 8 of Doctor Who returns to UK TV screens on 23rd August, starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman as Clara.

The series is set to open with a feature length episode titled “Deep Breath”.

uk-flag-small DVD or Blu-ray available to order from www.bbcshop.com

uk-flag-small Also available to order from www.amazon.co.uk

usa-flag-smallBlu-ray available to order from www.amazon.com

usa-flag-smallDVD Available to order from www.amazon.com

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

September 6th, 2014 - 9:28pm

I’m a true Whovian. I have been watching it since 2005 and I have bought and watched over 70 classic adventures, and I just happen to like series 8. 🙂

September 6th, 2014 - 9:28pm

well adz what do you think listen will be like

• Rollonregen

September 6th, 2014 - 9:27pm

Still watching in hope. Still watching as a Whovian who still enjoys the Tardis, Clara, etc, and who WOULD LOVE to be thoroughly enjoying it again. I wouldn’t abandon the Whoniverse part way through a series, however this will be the first series of the modern era that won’t be added to our DVD collection. And our little boys (who each have differing views on the 12th) are also miffed that the Character Building figures are so small!! – Anyone have any views on the small figures??

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:27pm

No did not enjoy it AT ALL.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

September 6th, 2014 - 9:25pm

Let’s just ignore everything else apart from one thing for now: did you enjoy it? Plot flaws and things like that do indeed matter, but enjoyability is the most important thing.

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:25pm

Why am I still watching? Because I am a massive Dr Who fan, and therefore I really wanted to believe in series 8. So far I am so disappointed, but just hope that I may come to find an episode that will turn me back around. So far though – not even close to being turned.

• Imlookingforthedoctor

September 6th, 2014 - 9:24pm

Did anybody else notice that Capaldi put a middle finger to Robin when he reached into his jacket to grab the spoon? I don’t think it was intentional but if it was, well done Gatiss!

September 6th, 2014 - 9:24pm

I agree true dr who fans aren’t posting, they have mainly already turned off xx at least those I know have….

• the astronaut of death

September 6th, 2014 - 9:23pm

as for the fewing figures

we got 9 million for the first episode witch was great for the ratings

and the into the dalek got 6 million witch is not surprising as it was up against x factor premier

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

September 6th, 2014 - 9:22pm

Deep Breath: 8/10
    Into the Dalek: 9/10
    Robot of Sherwood: 7/10

September 6th, 2014 - 9:21pm

I understand your disappointment for this episode but the series so far has been great and if you have found the series so far terrible why are you still watching it?

September 6th, 2014 - 9:20pm

Agreed, hubby and I are hanging on my our fingernails hoping one episode will be good. So far a very disappointing series and we hate the new music

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

September 6th, 2014 - 9:20pm

As the astronaut of death mentioned, overall, Deep Breath and Into the Dalek had very good reviews on here and other places on the internet. It looks like series 8 is doing well for most Whovians…though the viewing figures don’t seem to be doing that well.

• the astroanut of death

September 6th, 2014 - 9:19pm

yeah the last two episodes have been very dark so I think it is time for a lighter one

and next weeks looks incredibly dark

so calm before the storm 😉

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:18pm

We’ll this is one critic who was a fan, who now is SO disappointed.

• Rollonregen

September 6th, 2014 - 9:18pm

Of course he’ll be there for season 9. Its a great gig, why wouldn’t he?? And Moffat wouldn’t keep him for only one season after ‘bigging him up’ so much, as that would make him look like a fool.

September 6th, 2014 - 9:17pm

‘Twas ok. One for the kids…which is fair enough.

• the astroanut of death

September 6th, 2014 - 9:17pm

the last two episodes have both got outstanding reviews from fans and critics

• the

September 6th, 2014 - 9:15pm

Charlie I think you went a bit over the top there

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:14pm

Sorry anonymous but ALL the episodes so far have been terrible. Nothing to write home about.

• the astronaut of death

September 6th, 2014 - 9:14pm

deep breath 9/10

into the dalek 9/10

robot of Sherwood 7/10

September 6th, 2014 - 9:12pm

Sorry, but I’m going to have to disagree with you there, Charlie. This episode wasn’t very good compared to others, but still enjoyable. Into the Dalek was brilliant and Deep Breath was pretty good too.

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:12pm

Anonymous – I think your mistaken. Hope he knows when to quit.

September 6th, 2014 - 9:10pm

capaldi has not been let down!

the only person who can say he has been let down is the man himself

and if he did feel that then he would not have signed up for series 9 would he?

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:09pm

Agreed with Charlie

September 6th, 2014 - 9:09pm

I do like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor. I prefer Matt Smith overall, but Capaldi is still very good and definitely feels like the Doctor too. As I posted above, this episode didn’t quite work, but it was still enjoyable and Into the Dalek was a brilliant episode (Deep Breath was very good but below my expectations). I wouldn’t be quite as harsh as you were there, Rollonregan, but people have different opinions. 🙂

• NCC1701D

September 6th, 2014 - 9:08pm

Looks great, I think it’ll be another chiller like Blink, lets just hope it can live up to it.

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:07pm

Agreed also

• the astronaut of death

September 6th, 2014 - 9:07pm

I don’t think it was “awful” it was my worst episode of the series though

but I still think it was great i think it was good to have a bit of a fun episode after two dark ones

and I don’t think this is the worst series at all actually I think it is on its way into being the best

and it actually was funny

• Adz

September 6th, 2014 - 9:05pm

Agreed withRollonregen – not liking series 8 at all. Sorry Capaldi but you just are not The Doctor.
    Scripts the poorest I’ve seen for ages.