November 14th, 2015 128 comments

What Did You Think of Sleep No More ?

Now that the highly anticipated Ninth episode of series 9 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

missy-banner-4#

• Thomas

November 14th, 2015 - 9:51pm

trailer for next episode has an ood and cyberman in it. pause at 0:12 seoncds

• 100,000BC

November 14th, 2015 - 9:41pm

I think most “found footage” films end on a cliffhanger (which remains unresolved) when the people with the cameras die or the “found footage” ends; it is part of the format. If we don’t get a follow-up or a mention then it is safest to assume that the Doctor deals with this footage at a later point in his life before it can be transmitted and cause harm.

• anon

November 14th, 2015 - 9:35pm

Turds on legs

• DS

November 14th, 2015 - 9:34pm

It’s as if the edit was incomplete, did we actually see the end of the episode? Expected to see ‘to be continued’ at the end. Confused and disappointed.

November 14th, 2015 - 9:30pm

I is the worst episode of dr who i ever watched and i have watched all of them

• matparks08

November 14th, 2015 - 9:30pm

Goodness…a lot of negativity here but I thought it was great and loved the ‘Blair Witch-esque’ experimentation for the filming. No beginning credits was odd, and the last scene was pretty scary stuff…..I’m presuming this story will pick up again in an episode or two and maybe Clara will fall victim to the dust that’s in her eyes…..

• 100,000BC

November 14th, 2015 - 9:29pm

He said himself that he had staged it to make the adventure more “exciting” so we would watch to the end and be infected by Morpheus. Some of the footage may have been faked and may not have even happened in the Doctor’s universe, like the footage in The Trial of a Time Lord.

• Missy

November 14th, 2015 - 9:28pm

I meant .., did we see them all die

• 100,000BC

November 14th, 2015 - 9:27pm

A good story. I enjoyed it, although for me it wasn’t as scary as it had been promoted to be.

The problem with the found footage format is that, from my experience, it’s a little bit… marmite. It works on some people and truly terrifies them, but for others it’s just a bit boring. It might depend on the screen you watch it on and the way your own mind works.

So don’t go judging people who did find it scary, or berating people who complain about it being boring, because to be honest the format is a complete gamble.

• Missy

November 14th, 2015 - 9:26pm

Where was the title sequence in the beginning ? Confused All round – sis we are them All die ? Thought it was to be continued then realised that wAs it ! Bizarre

• NigelM

November 14th, 2015 - 9:20pm

I should have taken the advice at the start of the episode and not watched it. The worst episode of this series so far with a massive plot hole, namely that if Rassmusen himself was made of the dust then why did he need “Patient Zero” inside the pod to spread the infection ?

• Stephen Collyer

November 14th, 2015 - 9:16pm

The eye-bogey men!

• Stephen Collyer

November 14th, 2015 - 9:15pm

Love everything about Doctor Who. Always. But that was absolute PANTS! I hope the master tapes crumble to dust and we never have to see it again! Now I’m off to watch Delta and the Bannermen

• the eternal doctor

November 14th, 2015 - 9:15pm

if everyone could call the sand men something different what would it be?

• collector

November 14th, 2015 - 9:14pm

I was falling asleep watching it. Wish i had painted walls as id have had more fun watching them dry

• Squidcakes

November 14th, 2015 - 9:14pm

Well that was a bit rubbish, wasn’t it?

Soldiers were bland, and stupid too. You have GUNS! Why don’t you SHOOT THE GUNS! The Sandmen could have been a lot more menacing if they were revealed later. Overall, it was kind of stupid, and didn’t go really go anywhere after 45 minutes. Interesting ideas, but there just wasn’t enough content, so it just felt slow.

First proper dud of this series. Even the Girl who died/The Woman who lived was better.

• Doctordredd67

November 14th, 2015 - 9:11pm

This is the Very first time in watching Dr who for 48 years I was bored !!!!! Terrible, just terrible.:-(

• oliver

November 14th, 2015 - 9:10pm

I fourth it, complete droll

• oliver

November 14th, 2015 - 9:09pm

Really… Dust monsters??

That was an insult to Doctor Who. Total cr*p. And thats a first for me to say about the show. Terrible story, rubbish monster. Its this type of story that is going to end up getting Doctor Who cancelled.

Roll on next week. And as Mark Gatiss wrote this episode, he should Face the Raven!

• Doctordredd67

November 14th, 2015 - 9:09pm

I will third it. Dreadful. The worst of the series by far. Ext weeks looks a bit Harry pottery. 🙁

• Lord Presidnt

November 14th, 2015 - 9:08pm

Where was all the “terrifying horror” in this episode!? It was set up to be really scary! Felt nothing like Doctor Who! Quite frankly I was bored watching this!!

• the eternal doctor

November 14th, 2015 - 9:08pm

that was really disappointing, It was good better than the girl who died, but that is the only episode it was better than. I didn’t like the idea of the story, I didn’t like the beginning, I liked the middle and the ending was really bad. I was really looking forward to this episode and it really did disappoint me.

• RORY DOCTOR RIVER POND

November 14th, 2015 - 9:07pm

really enjoyed it until the end. what was that about?

• JasonisnotaRobot

November 14th, 2015 - 9:05pm

It was nice. Nothing spectacular but something different. Also did that robot that asked the guy to sing the song remind anyone else of Glados from Portal?

• Michael

November 14th, 2015 - 9:05pm

Quite a bizarre episode but good never the less.

• Rikki Krystal

November 14th, 2015 - 9:04pm

I’ll second that.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

November 14th, 2015 - 9:04pm

It was okay. Nothing special.

• Dalekparadigm2

November 14th, 2015 - 9:03pm

Well Mark Gatiss didn’t disappoint with this scary tale. Quite experimental but did everything it set out to do. Reece Shearsmith was fantastic and that end bit where he fell to dust was particularly horrifying.

• MattSmith4Ever