December 26th, 2014 51 comments

Which is Your Favourite post 2005 Christmas Special?

We have now had 10 Christmas specials since 2005 featuring 3 different Doctors, David Tennant, Matt Smith and now Peter Capaldi – so which is your favourite?

• Gallifrey Will Rise Again

December 28th, 2014 - 1:30am

Hard To choose but my top 5 would be:

1. End Of Time (The regeneration was way too long, but matt’s first scene was epic)
    2. Last Christmas
    3. The Christmas Invasion. (Would love to see the sycorax return again in the future)
    4. The Time Of The Doctor
    5. The Snowmen

Weakest one in my opinion is the doctor, the widow and the wardrobe by quite a distance

• Dalek The Supreme

December 28th, 2014 - 12:37am

I don’t see why it gets so much hate. Yeah, the resolutions to the arcs were a bit rushed, and nearly everything between the end of the opening credits and the Doctor and Clara landing on Trenzalore was largely unimportant, forgettable, or exposition, but it still had a solid story, enjoyable characters, and a great regeneration.

• Dalek The Supreme

December 28th, 2014 - 12:34am

Last Christmas was abysmal, and quite possible the worst one of them all, in my opinion.

• Dalek The Supreme

December 28th, 2014 - 12:33am

Not everyone has the same opinion. Personally, I found The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe to be disappointing due to its mostly flat characters and cheap resolution (though the bit where the Doctor came back for Amy and Rory was well done).

• T4RD1S

December 27th, 2014 - 11:23pm

But I loved it!!!!

• CJ

December 27th, 2014 - 9:06pm

For me, the worst Christmas specials were The Runaway Bride and The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe, the rest were great!

• CJ

December 27th, 2014 - 9:03pm

The only best Christmas specials were the Christmas invasion, voyage of the dammed, the next doctor, the end of time, I guess A Christmas Carol wasn’t that bad! And the snowmen and also the time of the doctor wasn’t bad aswell plus Last Christmas was quite good

• CJ

December 27th, 2014 - 8:56pm

That was the worst christmas special ever! It was just boring and a waste of time

• T4RD1S

December 27th, 2014 - 7:59pm

Come on!, the doctor, the widow and the wardrobe was a great episode!, doctor who and narnia! Why do people hate it so much?!

• the astronaut of death

December 27th, 2014 - 6:38pm

No I think they chose it because they think it is the best one

• TheExtremeBlueTARDIS

December 27th, 2014 - 4:52pm

Okay I’m sorry, but The Snowmen does not deserve to be that low… It’s really favourited everywhere else. I honestly think it should overtake TotD, The End of Time and Voyage of the Damned AT LEAST.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

December 27th, 2014 - 3:53pm

Have 16.38% of voters picked ‘Last Cheristmas’ just because it’s the latest Christmas Special ?? . . . . . SERIOUSLY !! 😀

My personal favorite in ‘The Runaway Bride’, no Christmas Special is more fun and enjoyable for me then that one, thou ‘The Christmas Invasion’ or ‘Voyage of the Damned’ do come close.

December 27th, 2014 - 11:47am

Agreed Voyage of the Damned and End if Time were awful. The Snowmen was a really good story.

• TheExtremeBlueTARDIS

December 27th, 2014 - 11:00am

The Snowmen. Thought it would be higher, especially over Voyage of the Damned and The End of Time…

• Sebatron

December 27th, 2014 - 10:41am

1. End of Time
    2. The Time of the Doctor
    3. The Snowmen
    4. The Christmas Invasion
    5. The Next Doctor

December 27th, 2014 - 9:56am

The first time I watched Time of the Doctor, I was a little disappointed. ..but I suppose the Day of the Doctor was impossible to follow. However, I watched Time of the Doctor again recently and really enjoyed it. Moffat did well to weave the story together and resolve prior arcs and as you say, Matt Smith was wonderful.

• Dalek The Supreme

December 27th, 2014 - 6:37am

Not sure if it was the worst, but it definitely had a weak story overall, and an abysmal regeneration.

• Dalekparadigm2

December 26th, 2014 - 11:19pm

I went for the time of the doctor as Matt Smith was stunning and it was Capaldi’s first episode (where he spoke). I just love the storyline of the episode and all the characters are played really well.

December 26th, 2014 - 11:12pm

The worst was the End of Time….I actually felt sorry for DT bowing out with such an awful story.

• Dalek The Supreme

December 26th, 2014 - 10:35pm

A Christmas Carol. Matt Smith’s first Christmas spell was a fun-filled episode with a great story, a great antagonist, and a wonderfully Christmas feel to it.

• Harold Saxon

December 26th, 2014 - 9:14pm

mine are as follows,

1.End Of Time
    2.The Christmas Invasion
    3.Runaway Bride

• When The Doctor Was Me

December 26th, 2014 - 8:51pm

For me its a matter of looking at each episode and seeing which one captured the feel, look and spirit of Christmas! For me its easy The Snowmen. It was Christmas but not too much focus, it was magic, it was heart warming and for me thats how a christmas episode should be! My top three are :-
    1. The Snowmen
    2. A Christmas Carol
    3. Voyage of the Damned.

• Doctor Rules

December 26th, 2014 - 8:45pm

Christmas Invasion is my favourite. I’m going to rewatch Last Christmas because I was very impressed with it so it might make it into the top three which are currently:
    1. The Christmas Invasion
    2. Voyage of the Damned
    3. A Christmas Carol
    Last Christmas might make it there!

• MBingDW

December 26th, 2014 - 7:17pm

I had to choose The Runaway Bride! Love Catherine Tate and Donna Noble.

• CJ

December 26th, 2014 - 6:55pm

I thought that was boring

• CJ

December 26th, 2014 - 6:52pm

The End of Time

• The Silent Silent

December 26th, 2014 - 6:45pm

THE END OF TIME !!!!

December 25th, 2014 - 7:29pm

The end of time definitely

• Hifi orno

December 25th, 2014 - 7:23pm

The christmas invasion

• T4RD1S

December 25th, 2014 - 7:20pm

I actually liked The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, not sure why people h8 it