Paul McGann Reunited With Tardis Console

Paul McGann Reunited With Tardis Console

This terrific video from CraveOnline was left on our facebook page and shows Paul McGann being reunited with the newly restored 1996 Movie Tardis console. Its well worth a look.

Exclusive coverage of the biggest annual North American Doctor Who Convention, Gallifrey One. We interview the biggest guests and celebrities, such as Paul McGann, Eric Roberts, John DeLancie, Louise Jameson, Mark Sheppard, Grant Imahara, and more. Plus awesome costumes and props galore!

Last updated: February 24th, 2012 | 27 comments

27 Responses to :
Paul McGann Reunited With Tardis Console

1. Posted by: Jai Reply

June 2nd, 2012 - 7:42pm

Paul McGann is the most underrated Doctor. He gets overlooked because of the faults with the movie he was in, even though he himself was fantastic in it.

I for one would love to see him guest star in the new show, whether it be in a multi-doctor story or a flashback, or something.

His Doctor deserves more.

• Posted by: NounOfRassilon

June 17th, 2014 - 11:09pm

Your wish has been granted. The Nimon be praised!

2. Posted by: AlphaOmega Reply

March 10th, 2012 - 9:12pm

It might be a stretch on their part, but I’d really like to see them recreate the whole TARDIS from the movie.

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

March 12th, 2012 - 11:42am

What I’d like is Paul McGann being the Doctor again, in that new outfit from Armageddon.

Now, before you disagree, let me say they could easily improve the outfit by giving him a better shirt, and taking away the satchel.

It could be what he wore in his later years, leading up to and perhaps during the Timewar, which we know involved primarily the Eighth Doctor. :D

3. Posted by: The 13th Doctor Reply

March 10th, 2012 - 11:58am

always loved that console

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

March 12th, 2012 - 11:34am

Always loved the furniture, it was truly wantable, and it really hinted at being BRITISH, more so than American. :!:

4. Posted by: Commander Strax Reply

February 26th, 2012 - 9:25am

I wanna dance with a giant adipose :mrgreen:

5. Posted by: McGann is the Doctor. Reply

February 25th, 2012 - 5:41pm

(GASPS !) Oh my Gosh ! I never realised that was Eric Roberts in the Batman movie !!

OmiGod OmiGod OmiGod I can’t believe this ! I loved that character I thought he was great, can’t believe I never suspected it was him, I’m in such amazment.

This reminds me of the time I realised Paul McGann was that crazy prisoner Golic in Alien 3 (watch teh assembly cut, it’s the better version), because he was barely recognisable in that. :shock: :!:

• Posted by: Rooners

February 27th, 2012 - 5:12pm

Yeah…a shame pretty much everything he did for the orginal cinematic version of Alien 3 ended up on the cutting room floor….thats something else he gets very touchy about in interviews. He has done some great TV work though in Luther and Waking the Dead (where he played a psycho policeman)

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

February 28th, 2012 - 12:32pm

That was the sole reason I was drawn to watching Luther, and I really liked it, I watched the whole of that season and saw his episodes.

It felt like he was acting just as himself ! :lol: Alien 3 was a troubled production, to put it lightly, and they cut out his scene where he gets loose, and sets the Xenomorph/Alien free from the chamber, and it’s really creepy he gets killed in the dark and we barely see it but I thought that scene worked very well,

it did NOT make the Alien seem any less imosing. I thought it did quite the opposite, but the creators disagreed so it wasn’t included in the cinema release and so we never see how McGann dies in that version. :?:

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

February 28th, 2012 - 12:35pm

OH, how could I forget. Hornblower ! I love it ! That’s another thing I started watching because I wanted to see what he was like.

I ‘ve (bought and) watched three of them now, Mutiny, Retribution and Loyalty. It’s a great series, even better than I was expecting. :)

• Posted by: Anonymous

March 2nd, 2012 - 6:01pm

wow star trek Dr who cross over I wonder if they will do star wars?

6. Posted by: Suz Reply

February 25th, 2012 - 2:20am

Well, he’s done over a decade of Big Finish audio dramas as the Eighth Doctor, so he’s not trying that hard ;)

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

February 25th, 2012 - 5:34pm

No, I guess not. But it takes alot of acting skill, not to mention courage, to act live infront of those fans and audience, and he does it great ! :lol:

• Posted by: AlphaOmega

March 10th, 2012 - 9:18pm

That’s always the thing I’ve wondered about. The presenters & actors always metion the TV appearances, but never mention anything about Big Finish.

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

March 12th, 2012 - 11:41am

Good point. I would guess it’s because Big Finish’s stories aren’t as well known, only the fans would know of the stories.

If you like to hear the actor’s views on the stories they have done, there’s always the great INTERVIEW and talk at the end of the story. Those are great, but other than that, they rarely discuss them in public.

7. Posted by: Jason doctorwhoone Reply

February 24th, 2012 - 5:16pm

AWESOME :D Just goes to show that not all Americans who love Sci-Fi only watch their Sci-Fi’s, like Star Trek for example, and nothing outside the USA, but atleast we’ve given them the BEST of the BEST of the BEST of British Sci-Fi [ and all of Sci-Fi in general ] – DOCTOR WHO !!!! :D

8. Posted by: Justininferno Reply

February 24th, 2012 - 2:15pm

We need proper conventions like this back in the UK – what ever happend to Panopticon?

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

February 25th, 2012 - 5:35pm

Oh yeah, Panoptican ! I read about that in some archive DWM issues ! It was great :D

9. Posted by: Rooners Reply

February 24th, 2012 - 10:22am

Great video – thanks for sharing. I liked PMs Doctor…I just dont like PM…he always comes across a bit bitter in his interviews and is very quick to distance himeself from the world of DW…yet when he’s offered enough money he’ll turn up at conventions….just my opinion of course.

10. Posted by: Hector Sandler Reply

February 24th, 2012 - 8:38am

Paul McGann was an official like Tom Baker & William Hartnell. Just 1 episode does any different. He did further to do with Dr.Who Audio. I should he was great like William Hartnell Patrick Throughton, Jon Pertwee ,Tom Baker including like recents Chris Eccleston, David Tennart & current Matt Smith. Eric Roberts is well know actor. He should had the part as Lex Luther in Man of Steel.

• Posted by: Hector Sandler

February 24th, 2012 - 8:39am

Just one more I did liked & always like Paul McGann. He was good actor to play dr Who.

• Posted by: McGann is the Doctor.

February 24th, 2012 - 10:14am

I agree he was a great actor, and brought something great to the role of being the Doctor. The first incarnation to show romance, which I think was done very well by him.

But why not great like Colin Baker or Sylvester Mccoy ? They were not successful during their television time but that’s not to say their acting was bad . Just because David Tennant was immensley popular doesn’t mean he was playing the Doctor good, I thought he was far too human. :P

• Posted by: Rooners

February 24th, 2012 - 10:37am

Agreed – towards the end DT was TOO human…he cried more than my little girls – urgh! I did enjoy his era on the whole though.

• Posted by: cyberman97

March 10th, 2012 - 3:17pm

Also agreed i did like his episodes but went to human but i guess that effect would have grew on him since he spends alot of time with humans and then matt came along and made everything weird and alien again !

11. Posted by: Mark T Reply

February 24th, 2012 - 8:16am

Great to see him with the console again, looks a good convention.

12. Posted by: Omega Reply