June 7th, 2024 27 comments

We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.

Doctor Who Season 1 Episode 6 Rogue

Saturday 08/06/2024 on BBC iPlayer at 00:00 and 18:45 on BBC1

The Doctor and Ruby land in 1813, where guests at a duchess’s party are being murdered and a mysterious bounty hunter called Rogue is about to change the Doctor’s life forever.

The Season 1 Steelbook is available to order from www.amazon.co.uk, www.zavvi.com and www.rarewaves.com

Adverts/Affiliates

• WhoCollector

June 12th, 2024 - 1:29pm

Also, curious he only mentions episode one… almost as though the additional views haven’t translated into the later episodes.

• WhoCollector

June 12th, 2024 - 1:27pm

In the latest issue of the Radio Times, Davies said: “I’m very proud of it! You know, they might not be the ratings we’d love. We always want higher. But they are building over the 28-day period. Episode 1, Space Babies, is already up to 5.6 million and counting. So it is getting there.”

But the 2023 specials reached way past that in 7 days, just to put it into perspective.

• SDW

June 11th, 2024 - 3:57am

Well, I guess I’ll just go and touch grass… it can’t be any worse than watching this tripe. Honestly, who is RTD trying to appeal to? Queer people seem to dislike this current series/direction as much as non-queer people. I actually can’t believe how much he/they have fudged (polite) the show up. Record low viewing figures and audience appreciation should hopefully tell the BBC that this isn’t working though… sack RTD before it’s too late (maybe Ncuti too) and return to a more classic Doctor and direction of previous series.

• RonK

June 10th, 2024 - 7:50pm

Didn’t mind the kiss, we’ve had that before with River Song.

But the Doctor being flirty (the scene in Rogue’s Ship, while Kylie is playing), is not how the Doctor behaves.

Although he is confident when battling aliens, and has experience and wisdom.

But when it comes to having someone being attracted to him.
    He should be a bumbling nit wit, always grateful for the attention, but has no idea how to handle it.

• RPG74

June 10th, 2024 - 3:29pm

3.38 million final consolidated for Dot and Bubble, making it the worst rated episode of nuWho. Looks like they’re beginning to haemorrhage Iplayer viewers as well as overnighters.

June 9th, 2024 - 9:58pm

We saw what looked like trailed after the revamped colourised version of 1963’s “The Daleks”other Hartnell stories getting the same treatment .

Is the BBC going to give a confirmation date for transmission/streaming of this for those of us not so keen on the “new modern “ fare?

• bryan

June 9th, 2024 - 8:02pm

Thought this was superb. We have had river song kiss the Dr. About time this space alien snogged a gender not percieved as the norm.

Whole episode looked stunning. I assume Rogues spaceship will be needed in future.

Stunning series. I love Doctor who

• Tom’s cabbage

June 9th, 2024 - 7:55pm

Been a who fan since hartnell, through ups and downs of the show, but not liking new series, hated space babies hated this one, I watch doctor who episodes over and over but so far I won’t be rewatching any of this series, I was so looking forward to the new doctor ncuti gatwa, but sorry so far this new revamp isn’t doing anything for me,

• Cully’s Pal

June 9th, 2024 - 2:32pm

Nowadays I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for the return of more Hartnell and Troughton episodes.

June 9th, 2024 - 1:58pm

Eastenders gets double the viewing figures before iPlayer figures are even taken into account on top of that. Now I love eastenders but that is absolutely embarrassing.

• Cully’s Pal

June 9th, 2024 - 12:59pm

2.11 million overnight. Wonder what Michael Grade would make of those figures.

June 9th, 2024 - 12:22pm

I’m a full blown gay and waking up to the screenshots on Twitter made me delete the last two episodes I hadn’t bothered to watch yet, take this one off record and remove the series link. Dead, done. No more Doctor Who for me, flogged to death. The entire reason Nucti was cast. Pathetic tokenism, complete change of the Doctors character to appease a minority who didn’t ask for it, but now we get the blame.

Gays are the most hated we’ve been in decades and it’s all because of these egotistical writers who destroy a character, cram it full of progressiveness and expect us to clap.

The man who could walk into any situation and defuse it, the vengeful god, the man feared throughout the universe is now a quivering, sobbing camp man making out with random blokes after 10 minutes. We used to be allowed to just exist on television and be part of great emotional action packed stories, now we’re the full entire focus of episodes as a check box exercise to course correct and pretend the show has never ever been inclusive or progressive.

Disgustingly forced tokenism, it’s so offensive to me to be used as a cheap ‘point’ to check off an execs diversity clipboard. Complete and utter dross and I’ll never be watching a single second more of it. Yet another IP made absolutely woke to appease the screeching, offended 27 folk on Twitter. Awful acting, awful lead roles, awful forced messaging, just dreadful dreadful dreadful, an embarrassment of a show. And on the anniversary of Blinks release date. How ironic. The entire team should be ashamed of themselves but let’s face it, they’re beyond help they’re convinced this is what people want. Despite 90% of the audience abandoning the show and the appreciation being the lowest in the shows 60 year history…this is what people want.

• Cully’s Pal

June 9th, 2024 - 12:14pm

The series wont pick up until there’s a complete production crew and cast change. I never liked RTD’s stuff first time round. If the ratings have taken a similar tumble in the USA the series wont survive their ratings system.

• Cully’s Pal

June 9th, 2024 - 12:05pm

The Avengers repeated over on Great TV !! was a far superior watch. The episode Thingumajig was almost like watching proto 3rd Doctor. Late 1960s TV and as usual a far superior view to to todays programmes. It thrashed the pants off Dr Who last night.

• The First Doctor

June 9th, 2024 - 9:54am

As a lifelong Who fan, I hate to be so negative – but this season (and the 15th Doctor) have been a complete dud. The only half-decent episode (73 Yards) was the one The Doctor/Ncuti was hardly in, which probably tells you something. And the critics may love it (really?), but I have to say I’m finding the overall queerness in the series very out-of-place and off-putting: “honey”, “babes”, the Doctor’s flirting, the singing/dancing etc. It just all feels like some sort of agenda and doesn’t seem like Doctor Who anymore. Someone at the Beeb (or Disney) needs to reign RTD in before he kills the show he once saved 🙁

• The Hidden Hand of Davros

June 9th, 2024 - 8:38am

I never thought I would see the day, when Doctor Who would exclude children.

Wow, I remember when this show was for families.

My seven year self (which was my age when I started watching). Wouldn’t of known how to digest this.

I’m openly gay. And I hate the politics of the show. There are plenty of shows that suit and need the queer narrative, but NOT Doctor Who.

• Obi-Jiff Kenobi

June 9th, 2024 - 8:33am

I didn’t overly dislike this one, but I didn’t much like it either. Lazy writing full of stereotypes, devoid of much in the way of actual plot and characterisation.
    All the Doctor’s previous love interests have been slow burns, relationships that have happened organically between characters who’ve known each other for a long time; suddenly the Doctor is falling in love at the drop of a hat. Not very believable for me.

• Whovian

June 8th, 2024 - 10:45pm

I watched the episode, and am wondering why Rogue was made out to be this mysterious individual. He was literally just a love interest for the Doctor.

I definitely think I need to give it a rewatch though, I wasn’t yo keen on Wild Blue Wonder when first watching it. For me personally, the prosthetics of the Chulder bird masks were not really working for me.

And Ruby didn’t think it might have been a bit important enough to inform the Doctor that the woman they keep seeing was now a portrait in 1813?

• Cully’s Pal

June 8th, 2024 - 9:27pm

Poor old Michael Jayston played the Doctor for 14 episodes and he still doesnt get a look in – even the cartoon Dr was on parade.

• RPG74

June 8th, 2024 - 9:24pm

I’m torn. As bad as Space Babies, or worse?.
    Woeful plot, unconvincing romance, yet more prettycrying from Ncuti, and a criminal waste of Jonathon Groff. But a gay kiss, which doubtless means five star reviews from all the critics. As usual, stunning and brave trumps entertainment value. I’m at the point now of deciding this isn’t for me anymore. Once next week’s double bill is over I think I’ll be off, least as far as nuWho is concerned.

June 8th, 2024 - 8:52pm

Worst exemplifier of RTD wokeism yet even if he didnt write the episode.
    And starting to wonder if Whittaker actually had more gravitas as the titular character which didn’t seem possible at the time.

• Andy R

June 8th, 2024 - 7:41pm

So bearing in mind the amount of drama, tension, social commentary you could get from having the Doctor in his current personna land in Regancy England and mix with high society – the predjuices, the class system, the race… instead we did Cosplay… Bridgerton cosplay. Its like RTD ran out of ideas and switched on the Tv for inspiration. Oh and Captain Jack mark #2.. we spotted you too. Guess if John Barrowman was not a marked man, he’d have been back. Sigh.

• Anon

June 8th, 2024 - 7:38pm

Loved that. Great episode.

• Cully’s Pal

June 8th, 2024 - 7:11pm

Half way through and Ive turned it offnothing to say other than its ruddy awful.And hes even more irritating and ghastly this week.

• Dalek Eye Stalk

June 8th, 2024 - 5:36pm

Well…that was the worst episode of Doctor Who I have ever watched. I think I’d much rather watch ‘Timelash’.

• Obi what

June 8th, 2024 - 11:50am

Awful! Dreadful acting, terrible story and no the Doctor isn’t gay, or straight! The Doctor is neither! Writers and producers – Stop pushing your agendas onto kids to make yourselves feel better! If a child is gay or straight they will come to terms with it in their own time!
    This show is now just for the alphabet people only, made by them and for them! Segregation is alive and well and called community!
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we’re all the same, we’re all equal, stop separating yourselves!

• Tom Williams

June 8th, 2024 - 2:39am

Really enjoyed tonight’s one apart from the big worry off a character nearly dying