February 20th, 2013 70 comments

Gallifrey One 2013 Steven Moffat interview

Gallifrey One 2013 – Steven Moffat interview

Interview with Steven Moffat, conducted exclusively for the Gallifrey 2013 convention in Los Angeles, where it was screened on Sunday 17 February….

• the astronaut of death

February 24th, 2013 - 3:24pm

I hope the 10th doctor returns

February 24th, 2013 - 10:23am

Well in time crash because two doctors were together the 5th doctor aged prahaps that can be the explanation for tom and the others getting old. Plus we have pretty much perfected CGI so we can use CGI to animated the fiest three doctors. As for chris well at the end of rose the TARDIS leaves but just a second later it returns wirh the doctor explaineing that it is a time machine well what happond impertween. They could just do what they did with tom bakee in the five doctors

• booboo

February 24th, 2013 - 8:56am

you don’t know what they will do and it wont be much of an anniversary if some if not all are included in some way

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

February 24th, 2013 - 8:09am

Aint gonna happen mate. That’s just a fantasy that sadly will never become a reality. I wish fan’s would get over the idea and just accept it will never happen. The first three actors to play the Doctor are dead, whoever could play their Doctors obviously won’t be that convincing, the Baker Doctors are sadly overweight and look nothing like they did in the 70’s and 80’s, and Christopher Eccleston want’s NOTHING to do with Doctor Who these days, yet it seems no one ever listens to him.

And please, don’t tell his changed his mind, cos Ive found no proof on the Internet that says otherwise. Every interview involving Doctor Who with Chris, he always says he does not wish to return, yet still, no body listens carefully to what he is saying, except me offcourse.

February 23rd, 2013 - 8:11pm

Cant wait hopefully there will be the 11 doctors with most of the companions and all the monsters

• the astronaut of death

February 23rd, 2013 - 1:19pm

I don’t think the show is to American actually I think the doctor who movie was very American and torchwood was also Americanise and now I think where heading up to the 50th I think we will have it back to 95% British and 5% alien

• the astronaut of death

February 23rd, 2013 - 1:15pm

all the doctors are different and some are less mysterious than others and there have been many times when we see that the 11th doctor is mysterious .

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

February 23rd, 2013 - 8:09am

Anonymous – Well I’m sure the answer to your question is so obvious that you wouldn’t have needed to ask – their all dead 😛

Plus don’t forget, the Doctor lost everyone on Gallifrey [“There all gone now . . my family . . my friends, even that sky”] and the Doctor is a very private person, which I myself and a lot of people can understand, cos sometimes I lie in order to protect myself for some reason or other cos if you miss someone who for example is dead that you loved so much and your never going to see again, then obviously it hurts.

• The time lord

February 22nd, 2013 - 7:49pm

Roger Delgado Is the best

February 22nd, 2013 - 7:05pm

when amy asked the doctor if he had children he did not awnser. Of course he has children he has mentiond it hundreds of times and he has a grandaughter so why did he lie?

February 22nd, 2013 - 7:01pm

The NDP are great

• McGann is the Doctor.

February 22nd, 2013 - 6:17pm

So the Ice Warriors ARE being brought back ? Or to be more accurate, being “Revitalised”.

I told myself not o believe it until I saw concrete evidence, but there you have it. Hope they’re atleast green, and Mark Gatiss hasn’t buggerd them up as he did the Daleks, but from what Moffat has said it looks to be a success ❗

• McGann is the Doctor.

February 22nd, 2013 - 6:15pm

I doubt that Moffat is trying to appeal to americans, he certainly wouln’t change the style of the show just to get americans to like it, Doctor Who is successful partly because of it’s british style, specially in America ! The favourite Doctor was Tom Baker in America, was that because he was “AMERICANISED” ? 😛

• McGann is the Doctor.

February 22nd, 2013 - 6:11pm

I disagree with Anonymous apart from the bit about it bring more violent.

Cybermen ripping out the spinal chord of the person they kill and the Doctor employing his unfathomable Timelord fighting skills would be very much welcomed 🙂

February 22nd, 2013 - 4:52pm

Amy asks if the doctor has children and the doctor does not awnser. We all know he has children so why is that ment to be so mysteryous

February 22nd, 2013 - 4:50pm

Im just saying that dr who should return to the classic formula, with violance, horror multipul storys and more mystery to the doctor. Plus saying that the doctor has no childen is dtupid because we know he has children

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

February 22nd, 2013 - 4:41pm

BRING BACK DAVROS !!!!!! 😀

But please guys, let the Master rest in peace.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

February 22nd, 2013 - 4:39pm

Anonymous – Don’t like it ? stop watching it then 😛

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 4:05pm

It’s been proved he’s more than just another Time Lord now, what with the question and all that. Maybe RTD took away some mystery about the Doctor, but Steven Moffat seems to be giving it back. And I agree about the Seventh Doctor being great because of the level of mystery he had.

February 22nd, 2013 - 3:20pm

When amy asks if the doctor had children he does not reply. We all know he had children. He has mentiond it hundreds of times and of course theres susan you know his granddaughter. When I mean I want mystery back into the doctor I mean things like is he more than just a time lord is id god or something you know the doctor being master of his own destiney like the seventh doctor

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:41pm

Hey, some people actually enjoy the writing. I might not be to huge a fan of the RTD era (Though it was still good when the writers were thinking straight), the Steven Moffat era has introduced my favorite Doctor, my favorite Daleks, and my favorite episode. The storylines make you think. I like storylines that make you think than give a rushed, tacked on explanation. The Doctor is perfectly mysterious. The mystery of his name is even greater now. Actually, he’s more mysterious now than in the Classic Series because we don’t have other Time Lords to tell us about his past. If the Silents aren’t horrific, than I’m a goldfish named Colin.

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:37pm

It’s supposed to be a family show, and if it feels Americanized, that’s because Moffat is trying to appeal to American viewers. The only companions I recall being pompous and full of themselves were Rose and occasionally Donna. Doctor Who is a family show, and while it would be nice to have slightly more violent episodes, it is still a family show.

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:34pm

Yep! Unlikely, since I don’t have a lot of money, unfortunately. In fact, I probably don’t even have the money to go myself. Oh well, I can always show my support (If the specials are good) by re-watching the special again and again and again! 😀

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:32pm

Thanks! My only regret is the Master will never encounter my favorite incarnation of the Doctor (Matt Smith). And Davros should definately return. Actually, to be honest, I’d love to see an episode where he returns, but is somehow possessed by Fenric. Unlikely, but one can always hope

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:32pm

The new series of doctor who is not very good. The writeing is terrible and it is to comedic. The companions are pompus and rude, the story lines are complicated and the doctor is less mysteryous. I want dr who to return to the classic fotmat with violant storys, horrific monsters and the cartmel masterplan

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:29pm

I heard a rumour we would find out what happened to the Eye of Harmony. If so, I might be even more excited for Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS than The Last Cyberman.

• DalekTheSupreme

February 22nd, 2013 - 1:27pm

I really actually enjoyed nearly all the Masters. I’m not sure about Geofforey Beavers because I haven’t watched The Keeper of Trakken in years, but Peter Pratt was amazing in the role. I’ve seen three stories with Roger Delgado, and he’s quickly becoming my favorite Master. Anthony Ainley was pretty good too, Derek Jacobi should’ve been around for longer, John Simm wasn’t the best but was pretty entertaining. Eric Roberts is the only one I don’t like.

• crazy guy

February 22nd, 2013 - 11:10am

well actually they put a link up so you could see it if you wanted to and its not like these are major news

• John Smith

February 22nd, 2013 - 10:51am

DalekTheSupreme, I hope you have enough money to pay for a plus 1! if things go the right way that is!

• John Smith

February 22nd, 2013 - 10:49am

I really don’t want the Master to go! He’s been the essential Doctor Who enemy since the 70’s onwards. His body slowly decayed and he found a way to come back, he got slowly disintegrated and STILL he found a way to come back, he was executed by the Dalek’s and he wriggled his way into a human body, he got shot by his own wife and once again, CAME BACK! What does that say? The Master always finds a way TO COME BACK!