Radio Times Doctor Who Cover & Digital Edition
New digital issue of Radio Times includes exclusive additional Doctor Who content
- Exclusive RT Peter Capaldi photo gallery
- 30-page bonus monsters supplement
The new digital issue Radio Times, available now for iOS on Apple’s Newsstand, contains exclusive additional Doctor Who content, including an exclusive Radio Times Peter Capaldi photo gallery and a 30 page Monster supplement featuring pictures of the Doctor’s greatest foes from the Radio Times archive.
The new issue, which features Doctor Who on the cover, has famous fans, TV critics, children and former Doctor Tom Baker give their verdicts on the Capaldi’s Doctor. Contributors include Professor Brian Cox, Marc Almond and Keeley Hawes; plus test your Who knowledge Radio Times’ The Master Quiz and see how you compare next to Russell T Davies.
The Thick of It creator Armando Iannucci says: “The Peter I know is the smart, funny, thoughtful guy – and I think he’s exactly what the Doctor should be. In fact, when David Tennant said he was leaving, I wondered if they’d ask Peter – just a flicker. He seems to have the air of the classic Doctor.”
Former Doctor Tom Baker says: “He’s a wonderful choice to play the Doctor. Instantly one felt: this fellow comes from far far away, he’s strange. An instant frisson. And what’s the word? Yes, got it! Alien, he’s an alien. I salute him.”
Radio Times on iPad contains all the great features, interviews, reviews and comprehensive TV and radio listings for 146 channels available in the print issue, alongside additional interactive features to enhance the readers’ experience. The additional features in the digital issue include:
- Specially designed contents page for quick and easy direct access to daily choice and listings pages
- Direct links to the week’s recommended programmes on-demand and catch-up TV services, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer and 4OD
- Photo galleries, including exclusive behind the scenes videos from photo-shoots and interviews
- Pinch and zoom TV & radio listings for ease of use
- Comprehensive TV and radio listings, including BBC local radio, with handy links so you can jump to your desired day of the week.
Radio Times is available on the Apple Newsstand every Tuesday, for iPad and iPhone, at £1.99 per issue, £6.99 for a monthly subscription or £79.99 for an annual subscription. The digital issue is initially available on Apple devices and will be rolled out across other mobile and tablet platforms thereafter.