June 24th, 2017 148 comments

We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.

Series 10 Episode 12 The Doctor Falls Saturday 1st July 6.30pm

The Doctor Falls. Written by Steven Moffat and directed by Rachel Talalay.

The Mondasian Cybermen are on the rise. It’s time for the Doctor’s final battle…

The Doctor is played by Peter Capaldi, Bill by Pearl Mackie and Nardole by Matt Lucas. Michelle Gomez guest stars as Missy and John Simm stars as the Master.

Adverts/Affiliates

• The Outcast

June 27th, 2017 - 3:05pm

This isn’t even the worst idea I’ve heard. I mean, its still awful and obviously not true, but not the worst.

• DW Spoilers

June 27th, 2017 - 2:55pm

I have a theory, its obviously right.

Missy is actually The Rani pretending to be The Master. The Doctor in the beginning of WEAT is actually The Master in disguise escaping in the TARDIS after the Doctor has foiled his plans yet again. The Doctor then goes to visit his first incarnation, but instead is greeted by a mysterious version that we have never seen before- we will follow his adventures for a few seasons before resuming with the twelfth Doctor’s regeneration in 2021. Bill isn’t actually dead, or a cyberman, as she escapes with Nardole with Clara and Ashildr to travel around time and space in their TARDIS.

June 27th, 2017 - 2:48pm

No… (definitely not)…

June 27th, 2017 - 2:46pm

He had better not

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

June 27th, 2017 - 2:25pm

OK, I’ve just watched the episode again and I think I’m ready to give my pre-finale scores out of 10 now. I’m going to post a scale as well (which I haven’t done before): 10 = absolutely amazing, 9 = very good, 8 = pretty good, 7 = good, 6 = alright, 5 = less alright, 4 = bad, 3 = pretty bad, 2 = very bad, 1 = absolutely awful.

The Pilot: 8
    Smile: 6.75
    Thin Ice: 8
    Knock Knock: 6.5
    Oxygen: 7.5
    Extremis: 8.5
    The Pyramid at the End of the World: 7
    The Lie of the Land: 6.5
    Empress of Mars: 9
    The Eaters of Light: 7
    World Enough and Time: 9.5
    The Doctor Falls: Seriously, after Hell Bent in 2015, who knows?!

• Tim M

June 27th, 2017 - 1:55pm

So not only will there be flying Mondasian Cybermen (Moffat rewriting established history) but also, you are expecting him to create a Doctor before Hartnell. I sincerely hope not.

• Fernandozer

June 27th, 2017 - 1:51pm

my way out there theory is that were gonna meet a new doctor but one that comes b4 hartnell

• The Outcast

June 27th, 2017 - 1:22am

I don’t mind the idea of Cybermen flying, but the way its been done just makes them seem more like Iron Man. I mean, we already thought the Cybriad ones looked like Iron Man and flying in the same style as Iron Man just furthered it. The Mondasian ones don’t look right flying like they are and I’m still unsure whether or not I’m ok with the Cybus ones flying. I could see the Earthshock ones flying if they had jetpacks on, cause I’ve a DWM cover wear they are flying with jetpacks.

June 26th, 2017 - 9:55pm

The Outcast you are right about the “he must change gender” lot, they will be disappointed if he stays male and Chibnall could always write in an in a cannon law that stops him ever becoming a female just to shut them up whinging about it.

June 26th, 2017 - 9:43pm

Exterminator, maybe they already have we just can’t see them? 😉

June 26th, 2017 - 9:36pm

Exterminator, maybe they already have a “predator”cloaking device? We just can’t see them? 😉

• therealwhovian63

June 26th, 2017 - 8:58pm

Anonymous (…)…

June 26th, 2017 - 6:49pm

Tim M, I hope that you are right. It would be absolutely fantastic if he did regenerate at the end of the episode a totally unexpected new Doctor.
    Considering all the secrets and already knowing who was to appear before hand I am hoping it is a smoke screen for the unexpected!
    Could they have possibly have kept it a secret? Unlikely but you never know.
    If he remains male Idris Elba, James Norton or Daniel Day Lewis? Has he really retired?
    If female Felicity Jones

• Exterminator

June 26th, 2017 - 6:40pm

I think instead of making them fly like Iron Man, they should’ve given them ‘predator’ type cloaking devices to make the cyberman invisible.

June 26th, 2017 - 6:27pm

Haha….thats very good (for you).

June 26th, 2017 - 6:23pm

God I hope so I can’t deal with another ‘the power of love’ saves everyone ending

• therealwhovian63

June 26th, 2017 - 6:02pm

(Along with the brackets)

• therealwhovian63

June 26th, 2017 - 6:02pm

Is the guy …below… You… You know because he also… Loves to do…the dot… dot …dot… Non … Stop…

• timelord327

June 26th, 2017 - 5:27pm

Normally I’d agree, but the Master said in World Enough and Time that conversion needed to be permanent. So HA! No coming back from there, Moffat! Although I think there will be a flashback scene with her possibly, ergo why we heard her voice in the trailer.

June 26th, 2017 - 3:39pm

No…I like the guys below’s theory…its another miss(y)-direction

• Tim M

June 26th, 2017 - 2:54pm

Does anyone else like me think we will see the next Doctor at the end of ‘The Doctor Falls’. You would expect an announcement on who the next Doctor would be in the Summer anyway most likely. So isn’t it possible he/she could be revealed at the end of Saturdays episode. What a shock that would be, plus I bet the media watching the episode in advance to give us spoiler free reviews, won’t see the last five minutes or something.

June 26th, 2017 - 2:52pm

Just a thought…the Master likes disguises, right? Also Moffat loves to tease us and play games. Could the pre-credit scene of the Doctor starting to regenerate actually be the Master in disguise, (either Saxon Master or Missy Master)…meaning the Doctor doesn’t actually regenerate until the Xmas special.

• Tim M

June 26th, 2017 - 12:55pm

I like Bill and Nardole, I really do. But I do believe Chris Chibnall needs to start afresh with series 11, and leave behind most of what’s gone before. It needs to start like a ‘brand new’ series, and a reboot.

• The Temporal Jelly Baby

June 26th, 2017 - 12:44pm

I’m perfectly fine with the Doctor being a woman – as long as it’s not done for the sake of it. After all, it has now been firmly established that Time Lords can and do sometimes change gender. If a woman is chosen to be the Doctor just because she’s a woman then I’ll have a problem with it. If a woman is chosen to be the Doctor because she’s a great choice for the role then why should I complain?

• The Outcast

June 26th, 2017 - 12:06pm

[Hopefully my original comment appears, cause context] That being said, I’d prefer the Doctor remain a male, mostly just to see the reactions of the people who are saying he “has” to become female now or else Sexist.

• The Outcast

June 26th, 2017 - 12:03pm

I agree with pats86. I’m ok with it (if they aren’t written like Clara), but I know a lot of others wouldn’t be (including females) wouldn’t be. That being said, if he remains a man, that is ok, he doesn’t need to be a woman, nor should the writers be called “Sexist” for not making him one.

• The Outcast

June 26th, 2017 - 11:58am

Perhaps the Sisterhood cured him of his electric hands for some reason. He can’t have killed them, as otherwise they couldn’t have appeared in Magicians Apprentice or… later. So either the Sisterhood are killed after Series 9 or he found a different method to cure himself, perhaps involving the sisterhood, perhaps not.

• therealwhovian63

June 26th, 2017 - 11:49am

Missy won’t if shesthe master. That reminds me of cursr of the black spot

• The Outcast

June 26th, 2017 - 11:29am

As much as I like Bill, I think this needs to be her end. Nardole might end up in Series 11, but I think there is a 95% chance he’s going to get killed off/leave next ep. Remember, 12 was alone in the snow at the start.

June 26th, 2017 - 10:31am

I feel like Bills not going to stay dead, she’ll probably get unconverted apart from her cybernetic heart and won’t be able to leave the hospital like that nurse said. So it’ll be a sort of death but not quite her staying dead just like Clara. Missy will probs stay to look after her