August 30th, 2014 100 comments

What Did You Think of Into The dalek?

Now that the second episode of series 8 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected…

A Dalek fleet surrounds a lone rebel ship, and only the Doctor can help them now… with the Doctor facing his greatest enemy, he needs Clara by his side.

Confronted with a decision that could change the Daleks forever he is forced to examine his conscience. Will he find the answer to the question, am I a good man?

rusty-tDoctor Who: Hello Rusty T-Shirt

Exclusive t-shirt only available at BBC Shop.

The Hello Rusty tee has been exclusively designed with the second episode of Series 8 in mind.

uk-flag-small Available exclusively from the bbc shop

dvd-comp2Doctor Who: Series 8 DVD/Blu-ray – BBC Shop Exclusive

Doctor Who The Complete Series 8 starring brand new Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldiand his trusty companion Clara, played by Jenna Coleman.

This Limited Edition BBC Shop exclusive Blu-ray or DVD set comes complete with a bright embossed TARDIS slipcase finished with silver foil and a ‘press here’ button, which when pressed plays the legendary TARDIS sound effect. The Collector’s Edition also contains 6 exclusive art cards featuring images of The Doctor and monsters from the new series.

uk-flag-small Available in the UK exclusively from www.bbcshop.com

deep-brath-newsThe Complete Series 8 DVD/Blu-ray

Doctor Who: Series 8 DVD. Available to pre-order now!

Series 8 of Doctor Who returns to UK TV screens on 23rd August, starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman as Clara.

The series is set to open with a feature length episode titled “Deep Breath”.

uk-flag-small DVD or Blu-ray available to order from www.bbcshop.com

uk-flag-small Also available to order from www.amazon.co.uk

usa-flag-smallBlu-ray available to order from www.amazon.com

usa-flag-smallDVD Available to order from www.amazon.com

• booboo

August 30th, 2014 - 8:58pm

i was half expecting a “have i the right” speech

• booboo

August 30th, 2014 - 8:57pm

going to take some explaining

i’m expecting one death per episode where they end up in “heaven”

• Manchester Victoria

August 30th, 2014 - 8:56pm

When the doctor stepped into the dalek that has a very tom baker era feel. The episode felt like the invisible enemy

• the astronaut of death

August 30th, 2014 - 8:55pm

what did everone think of missy’s apperence

• the astronaut of death

August 30th, 2014 - 8:55pm

I likes the fact that they did not make the apperence of inside the dalek like the tesselecta

August 30th, 2014 - 8:53pm

I’m going to have to disagree with you there, Steven. I think that Capaldi was brilliant in that episode. I love it how he hardly even thought about the first death (not visibly anyway) and the final part with the Doctor and the Dalek (with the ‘beauty, divinity, hatred’ line) was fantastic! Superb acting! Everyone has their own opinions though. By the way, this is my first post on here. 🙂

• booboo

August 30th, 2014 - 8:53pm

what hate, its all overwhelmingly possessive

• Whovastron

August 30th, 2014 - 8:51pm

whats with all the hate on this episode!!!!!???? it was a million times better than Deep Breath!

8/10, best Dalek story since 2008.

TW.

• Still Not Ginger

August 30th, 2014 - 8:51pm

Did you know this was the first episode since Waters Of Mars not to feature Matt Smith as the Doctor, if you count The End Of Time as a whole and excluding Minisodes!

• the astronaut of death

August 30th, 2014 - 8:49pm

I wonder If missy will be in every episode

• Steven

August 30th, 2014 - 8:46pm

After watching the first two episodes, I feel that the new doctor ( Peter capaldi ) has ruined the name of the doctor by over acting, no energy , no mystery to the doctor. Like previous doctors they were energetic and lively and mysterious but this new doctor who is boring. If it carrys on the bbc could lose dr who fans.

• Imlookingforthedoctor

August 30th, 2014 - 8:44pm

Well just have to say another brilliant story by Moffat. The Dalek was an outstanding character, the way the Doctor reached into the Daleks mind was just brilliant. The Dalek’s were amazing they seemed more insane and battle ready. Capaldi what a legend an amazing pic to play the Doctor couldn’t ask for better! The story was brilliant it’s really lifted since series 5

• Dalek Supreme

August 30th, 2014 - 8:40pm

To be honest, I quite enjoyed it.
    Definitely an improvement from last week’s. Capaldi was really quite good, also better from last week. The marines were standard Dalek-fodder, but they weren’t too bad. Danny Pink wasn’t too bad either, with some good mystery in his character which I hope becomes something meaningful in Moffat’s grand scheme. Story was fairly solid, but could have done with some more development (more on that down below), and some quite good dialogue between the Doctor and the Marines.

There were only a few things I didn’t like about it really. The whole story side could have been fleshed out a bit I think. I thought ‘Resistance? That means there’s a fully fledged Dalek Empire! AWESOME!’. But, there wasn’t really much development in the story. Nothing was explained, and it could have really done with some of that.
    Also, the Dalek voices kind of bugged me. They didn’t sound like normal Daleks of that type. More higher pitched rather than a mixed range of voices, like normal. I think their voices were missing a layer to their speech. It kinda felt they were yelling, rather than screaming.

But, I quite enjoyed it. No, it wasn’t quite a ‘good’ Dalek story (Look at Journey’s End, Dalek and the Parting of the Ways for a good Dalek story). I think they could have made that good Dalek the Metaltron, because it could fit the role. I think this episode was missing some scenes, especially on that MASSIVE Dalek ship and after the Doctor leaves.

Overall, it was alright, but the darker tone made it a bit better, and certainly an improvement on Deep Breath! 7/10

• Gallifrey Will Rise Again

August 30th, 2014 - 8:38pm

Awesome! Superb performances from peter and jenna, their chemistry together is absolutely perfect. I’ve got a bad feeling about danny pink, wonder if he’s got a fob watch lying around somewhere?

• booboo

August 30th, 2014 - 8:35pm

couple of edits to quick stuck out for me

a huge story to tell in 45 mins

Peter Capaldi in places brilliant – finding his feet

Danny pink – i think he will turn out to be excellent Character – obviously has a secret

Clara superb throughout

seemed a bit disjointed – moments of cinematic quantity brilliance and shooting angles mixed in with average studio shots

overall one of the best episodes for a long time for me though

• Jacob wade

August 30th, 2014 - 8:32pm

Oh and the blue soldier women was terrible at acting, probably why the doctor didn’t take her along 😉

• The Flying Shark

August 30th, 2014 - 8:32pm

I thought this episode was quite good, but the bits at the school were a bit pointless.

• Dalekparadigm2

August 30th, 2014 - 8:29pm

A great episode to follow on from Deep Breath. This series is already the greatest EVER (in my opinion). The plot was great. The morality of the episode gives it a great edge over any other Dalek episode which makes it so good!

• the astronaut of death

August 30th, 2014 - 8:29pm

booboo what did you think of it

• The Other

August 30th, 2014 - 8:29pm

Great ep!
    Little too fast in places leaving me trying to catch up, but thoroughly enjoyable!
    And proper Exterminations at last!
    And deep Doctor/Dalek soul searching!
    And a lot of action!
    Fantastic

• ann

August 30th, 2014 - 8:27pm

Bad acting dalik good rest rubish. rubish story very disappointing

• the astronaut of death

August 30th, 2014 - 8:25pm

this episode was great if found it fantastic the only thing I disliked was it took a bit of time to get going but still it was amazing

I cant believe missy returned!

• Jacob wade

August 30th, 2014 - 8:24pm

I loved the plot of this episode, however I think that the whole shrinking business was quite out there even for a doctor who episode furthermore, I didn’t agree on the camera angles and the visual effects of the gun beams, but I good episode idea and plot bone the less

• biggestwhofanever

August 30th, 2014 - 8:24pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• The Silent Silent

August 30th, 2014 - 8:23pm

Cant wait till next week !!!

• The Silent Silent

August 30th, 2014 - 8:22pm

Good Episode.

• Michael

August 30th, 2014 - 8:22pm

A fantastic episode and a wonderful performance by Capaldi and Coleman

• biggestwhofanever

August 30th, 2014 - 8:19pm

best dalek episode ever!!! amazing, peter and jenna! well done!!! 😀

• videogamemad00

August 30th, 2014 - 8:19pm

In my opinion, it was the first good episode since Nightmare In Silver. It wasn’t perfect but it was still brilliant.

August 30th, 2014 - 8:12pm

I’m gonna watch full episode later but I just turned my tv on and saw a bit and it sounds a but grim but im so glad we saw someone get exterminated because its been like 3 years since we last saw a proper extermination