November 14th, 2015 128 comments

What Did You Think of Sleep No More ?

Now that the highly anticipated Ninth episode of series 9 has been aired what did you think? Was it everything you had hoped for or not what you expected.

missy-banner-4#

• Peking Homunculus

November 18th, 2015 - 8:22pm

The professor was one of the sandmen. So he wanted to kill everyone because he wanted his new race to become the dominant one, to supplant the old stagnant race from which he came, much in the way children replace their parents. Survival of the fittest. Very common theme.

• Peking Homunculus

November 18th, 2015 - 8:19pm

I really liked it too. I’m beginning to think that the people bashing on it are among the same crowd who hated Paradise Towers, which was one of my favorite episodes. It was ice hot!
    I’ve been hoping for a long time that one of Kroagnon’s buildings/architectural designs would serve as the centerpiece for another episode. I am beginning to realize that I tend to be an oddity among oddities when it comes to my opinions on these things.

• Doctor Hugh

November 18th, 2015 - 8:13pm

This episode was actually dreadful

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

November 18th, 2015 - 5:19pm

Yeah, does seem daft that a space station has absolutely zero CCTV camera’s for security reasons.

Only the dust saw in black and white, the colour ‘footage’ was what Clara and other characters was seeing through their own eyes.

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

November 18th, 2015 - 4:46pm

Sorry, ment Matthew Rowney, Anthony is their middle name [yeah, they share the same middle name according to their website’s presenter profile’s 🙂

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

November 18th, 2015 - 4:45pm

Just enjoyed the ‘Who Addicts Review’ video from Doctor Who fan’s James Wilson and Anthony Rowney on YouTube, and even those guy’s hated this episode so much, they both gave it a 2/10.

I recommend watching the review, their so funny at the start and the end 😀

Look up: Doctor Who: Sleep No More (2015) Review.

• The Surgeon

November 17th, 2015 - 8:25am

Anyone else confused on why a space station would NOT have any security cameras?
    Also, the fact that some of the dust sees in black and white.

• Peking Homunculus

November 16th, 2015 - 8:56pm

wow, you had the exact opposite reaction i did…I honestly think this was one of the best episodes in the entire revived series.

• Peking Homunculus

November 16th, 2015 - 8:54pm

Best episode this season. And I’ve liked every other episode to varying degrees.
    Apparently there have been negative comments about this one, but frankly this episode deserves a place at the very least among the best of the entire revived series.

• The super whovian

November 16th, 2015 - 7:12pm

I understand and respect the negative comments on this episode and it wasn’t brilliant but it wasn’t terrible and it is defiantly not the worst doctor who episode, I can think of episodes that are a lot more worse. I really liked a few things about this episode the theme of sleep is a very good idea because you can avoid statues but you cant avoid sleep. The sandmen looked disturbing and weird I know the idea of monsters made sleep dust is ridicules but they were still interesting monsters. The found footage element was a bit weird it wasn’t brilliant but at least the camera did not shake for most of the episode. And the weirdest thing of the episode the ending I liked it. I found hearing the words “what’s that in the corner of your eye” and seeing the man turn into dust creepy.

This episode did have some problems however the characters where alright but not interesting and I agree the sandman that had been sleeping for five years should have been some sort of ultimate sandman. The ending was also a bit rushed which is why normally two part episodes are really good so the ending doesn’t have to be rushed.

Overall I think this episode isn’t bad its not brilliant its just good. I think this episode will be remembered as “The found footage one” or “the one with the sleep dust monsters”.

• GallifreyanKnight

November 16th, 2015 - 3:09pm

It was a dull and unsatisfactory found footage experiment.

Mark Gatiss could’ve done so much better.

• rt

November 16th, 2015 - 2:57pm

…being chased by eye buggers?????

• the ergon

November 16th, 2015 - 2:26pm

Its because people are so passionate abouy the show they like most like to air there grievances, and because we do get the occasional clunker makes them frustrated, thinking were going to get the perfect run of episodes which hasn,t occured to date and we,ll always keep watching in the vain hope theres improvement the following week. Thats how devoted we are. So far this season the highlights were the opening 2 parter and the first part of the zygon story. I don,t know what to expect from the solo monologue episode and being the penultimate episode sounds experimental. I always revisit stories i initally didn,t like or hated to see if there are any missed redeemable qualities as part of a reanalysis.

• Run you clever boy

November 16th, 2015 - 1:46pm

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALIEN WORLDS ITS ALL EARTH BASED A LOT OF THE EPISODES ????

• DoubleDart

November 16th, 2015 - 1:06pm

Edit: That would be self-indulgent

• DoubleDart

November 16th, 2015 - 1:04pm

‘Sleep no more’ was the kind of self-indiglent clap-trap I have come to expect from this over-rated writer. I so resent Who being made trivial like this.

• matfav508

November 16th, 2015 - 10:15am

A really good smart episode, presented as “not dr who” as the beginning title was never there but a salute to “The Matrix” The key is, it is to be seen as a digital transmission, that alters your perception and gets inside your head. and in the dream state as well….. very good episode , well done to one and all. Creative, inventive and the sub text is well … excellent. I would re title the episode “Clara Dreaming” …… Think about it.

• valdez

November 16th, 2015 - 8:25am

Edit: “but there was NO emotionally satisfying resolution.”

• valdez

November 16th, 2015 - 8:22am

I was one who voted “just terrible” and it killed me to do it. Sleep dust? Huh? Because of a machine that was invented to put you to sleep so you can work more and the guy narrating the story wanted to kill everyone because something and the creatures are blind but…ok…whatever. A complicated mess. That cloned guy was the best thing about the episode and he was a rip-off of an old TNG episode. The Zygon Invasion was also ruined by complication and it’s not like I’m dumb and can’t follow it, but there was emotionally satisfying resolution. I can’t recall the number of times the 11th had me in tears. The 10th was no slouch either. I use to care about Osgood. Now I don’t even know her. What is going on with the writing here? Sadness.

• WFK DVD Collector 15

November 16th, 2015 - 8:20am

That’s a fair point DOCTOR WHO ONE. It would be interesting to see the views on iPlayer combined with the TV ones. 🙂

• UnlimitedRicePudding7

November 16th, 2015 - 8:11am

I’m sorry (I’m so, so sorry), but I really disliked this episode. Where was the plot? The only thing I did like was the experimental format (although the opening titles were ommited) and the end with Reece Shearsmith breaking off the right side of his face to reveal himself as a Sandman, even though it didn’t make any sense to the plot whatsoever.

• Dem squiggles

November 16th, 2015 - 8:07am

You get 2 hours of that on the x factor

• MrHaloWho

November 16th, 2015 - 7:16am

I just sat through 45 minutes of a really annoying woman, who says ‘pet’ after every sentence, a load of other actors who can’t act, GLaDOS singing songs and monsters made of sleep dust. What am I doing?

• DOCTOR WHO ONE

November 16th, 2015 - 7:14am

A “Real Doctor Who” Fan – It was indeed the worst Doctor Who episode this series, but I’ve largely enjoyed this series, especially the opening 2 parter, and very excited for the finale to finally [fingers crossed] see the return once and for all of Gallifrey and the Time Lords back to the universe they belong in with the Doctor.

WFK DVD Collector 15 – Don’t forget that a lot of viewers now catch up later on BBC iPlayer, some of them no doubt have very young children who go to bed before 8pm, and I can’t say I blame them because it has been getting daft recently having Doctor Who on around 8pm which is too late for many, it should be on at sometime between 6pm to 8pm. Even Peter Capaldi himself has stated his not happy with the current broadcast times.

• MaxP

November 15th, 2015 - 11:40pm

Anonymous 2, once again you sing the praises of a show in rapid decline. I’ve never seen such denial and ignorance. Most of this season has been better than a lot of the last few years, but on the whole the show is quite poor, feeling like it’s written mainly for children. And when fans complain here they’re not just being attention seekers they’re just despairing as they want a decent show and aren’t getting it.

November 15th, 2015 - 11:27pm

Yeah. I hate to be a river song but I have a huge spoiler. Everyone probably knows about this now cuz the producers are really bad at keeping secrets, but next weeks episode, that’s where we see Clara kerplunk for good. And it is quite obvious that that’s ashildr’s voice at the end of the next time trailer.

November 15th, 2015 - 11:25pm

They couldn’t even give us an above average exit, and the whole “Rasmussen is made of eye boogers” thing was too unnecessary and just even more confusing than the episode itself.

November 15th, 2015 - 11:23pm

Honestly I only kept watching series 8 cuz Clara was still there. Of course I have definitely come to adore Capaldi but i wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves soon cuz despite being the ultimate fanboy, doctor who hasn’t done him any justice to showcase his acting (except for that big speech in the zygon inversion). Additionally, he’s an insane actor but series 8 just showed him as a grump and last Christmas onwards series has just dumped all this “Clara worshipping” (as my friend calls it) on him. Honestly the writers can’t construct a sentence without the name Clara in it. The amount of foreshadowing has shown us she’s gonna die. And unfortunately that’s next week. I’ll forever remember the impossible girl tho. So Steven come at me with all you got.

November 15th, 2015 - 11:18pm

Although I have to admit I was a bit wary of sleeping. Again do the sleep dust monsters come from when you sleep or when you don’t sleep

November 15th, 2015 - 11:17pm

That found footage thing with the perspectives changing every second was is confusing. I had to watch it twice to realise that there WAS NOT just some guy with a camera for the whole episode. And what was the point of repeatedly killing Rasmussen if he kept freakin’ ressurecting, only to actually be one of those sandmen (which doesn’t make sense anyway). In conclusion, said in the true words of the doctor himself “none of this makes any sense”