• The Supreme Dalek

September 25th, 2012 - 9:18pm

I already said why: Because he won’t be the same without the Ponds… These are just my opinions, but I wouldn’t say Tennant is boring! I only like him cause I grew up with him, I watched him when I was smaller. Sad days, when he left… But Hooray for Smith as he’s in my second place! HOORAY! And an even bigger HOORAY for Tennant! HOOORAY!! 😀 *Awkward Silence…* 😳

• Dalek Strategist

September 25th, 2012 - 8:25pm

Smith never bores me. Tennant got boring by Series 3, he got a little better in Series 4, and just got better in the 2009 specials, but the end of The End of Time killed it.
    My list of Doctors from best to worst
    1. Tom Baker
    11. Colin Baker

• booboo

September 25th, 2012 - 7:02pm

yes when ist out

• That Cherub over there

September 25th, 2012 - 6:59pm

Will you put this on the site, booboo:

Saturday will be a historic day for Doctor Who and an emotional one for its viewers as we bid a heart-breaking farewell to Amy and Rory, played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. To celebrate their time on the show and to mark the end of an era, we’ll have special programme, The Last Days of the Ponds, available straight after The Angels Take Manhattan finishes.

The Last Days of the Ponds is a touching, 12 minute video that features Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, head writer and Executive Producer Steven Moffat and Executive Producer Caro Skinner. Poignant and insightful it tells their story, from the very start to the teary goodbyes.

With exclusive backstage material from their early days together right up to behind-the-scenes footage of their final shots, The Last Days of the Ponds gives you unprecedented access to an era of Doctor Who, but more than this, it reveals how the people involved feel about their characters and their friends, their time on the show, what they’ll miss and remember and how Amy and Rory’s swansong moved them all.

Karen, Arthur and Matt recall meeting each other for the first time and share anecdotes about their friendship. What did they think of each other at first and what did Arthur consider to be a nightmare? Which days does Karen call the craziest of all, and how was Matt feeling when it came to shooting the Ponds’ departure?

The laughter, tears, heart-break and joy are all captured forever in The Last Days of the Ponds.

The Last Days of the Ponds will be available here, immediately after Saturday’s episode.

• Dalek Prime Minister

September 25th, 2012 - 6:09pm

I agree, I laughed so much when Brian was doing his log on the cubes, and when he was in the tarids for three days keeping and eye on the cubes! But i think the idea of the episode was so we could see more of the ponds, and be a lot about them, as they will leave and we wont see them again after saturday!

• Whovian

September 25th, 2012 - 5:36pm

What flickering light?

• That Cherub over there

September 25th, 2012 - 3:36pm

How the hell will he get worse?

• Esterath

September 25th, 2012 - 9:15am

Uch, Tennant.

• clockwork 12 robot

September 24th, 2012 - 6:43pm

i luv the shakri and alien nurses. But what were the alien nurses

• The Supreme Dalek

September 24th, 2012 - 8:46am

Sorry I posted my comment to early. Continuing
    Because he was brilliant with him and it won’t feel the same. A Doctor like Pertwee or Tennant could NEVER bore you. And I think Smith has had enough. He MUST MUST MUST regenerate in the 50th! 👿

My Doctors List from worst to best:

11: William Hartnell
    10: Colin Baker
    9: Patrick Troughton
    8: Paul McGann
    7: Peter Davinson
    6: Tom Baker
    5: Sylvester McCoy
    4: Christopher Eccleston
    3: Jon Pertwee
    2: Matt Smith
    1: DAVID TENNANT!!!! 😀 😀 WHOORAY!!!

• The Supreme Dalek

September 24th, 2012 - 8:41am

Oh gosh…. Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned boring… Everyone’s shocked now! 😆
    Yes, I’m mean, don’t get me wrong, he’s great as the Doctor, but just something’s making me bored. Plus I think he’ll be even worse without the Ponds (I’m not just saying that cause they are my favourite companions) because he’s been brill

• ERKA

September 24th, 2012 - 6:44am

78ANGI

• Esterath

September 23rd, 2012 - 10:28pm

She never said anything. Lol!

• Frankie

September 23rd, 2012 - 10:04pm

The power of three. Who was the girl that played the android? She was amazing!

• StompingFreak

September 23rd, 2012 - 10:02pm

Up setting it maybe, but giving Liz had her last ep was brill. keep mentioning her would be poor. Liz played SJ and we will all tresure, honnour her in our hearts. to bring her up all the time would be wrong. We have the brig’s child. She was great. But if you look at the press ES got more coverage than Nicholas Courtney. He was a mere foot note. I will miss them both as they helped shape my childhood.

• StompingFreak

September 23rd, 2012 - 9:45pm

@Whovian you need to watch the classic series. Mosters were poor, sets were cheap. but the actting/stories over 4-6 parts were the stuff of dreams/nightmares. I’m 42 yrs old. I got my intrest in tec computers thanks to Doctor Who. If you can, watch, Earthshock, the e-space season, the talons of wing chang. egnour the sets and you will find why this show used to scare children over 4-6 weeks telling one story. Not great start, end fast end in one ep. Who still is fun, but its lost it’s magic, smith is great, but is too much like the 3rd Doctor. All this family/relastionship stuff is only in the new show. we never meet sarah janes family, or cared. joe grant may have had a thing with the Doctor, but thats about it. We meet Tegan’s aunt, but she is killed by the master 10mins into ep 1 of Lagobolis. The new is nice, but not amazing. RTD had good idea’s for Tennant, but SM has belittled them(River Song build up, but rush to end a season ep). Great stories of the past built up over ep’s not rushed in on ep.

• The TARDIS

September 23rd, 2012 - 9:16pm

This episode began brilliantly – some fantastic scenes of the Doctor trying to live the slow life, and Brian Williams is probably my favourite companion’s family member from the revived series.
    There are some genuinely funny scenes featuring Brian and some creepy ones with the cubes. The idea of cubes appearing and everyone taking them into their lives is similar to the Ghosts in Army of Ghosts / Doomsday, but if you have a good idea, why not re-use it!
    However, as the story progresses, the plot slowly begins to fade away. Far too much time is spent on the cubes, and a very interesting story of the Shakri is brushed over and neatly forgotten about. The resolution is very rushed and this leads to the episode feeling as though there is really no threat, the cubes are just strange and some very scary nurses and aliens are put back in favour of mystery.
    This does, of course, mean that the focus of this episode is not really the slow alien invasion – it’s the characters. This is the story of the Ponds, all put in perspective.
    The Power of Three has some brilliant guest cast, Mark Williams’ Brian is fantastic, and the character of Kate Stewart is wonderful – I sense a recurring character in the offing…
    Murray Gold’s score is fantasticly eerie and abstract, keeping the flame burning that bit brighter throughout a hectic 45 minutes of brilliant Doctor Who.
    It’s such a shame that the alien threat is brushed over and countered so easily, making what could have been one of the best episodes of Doctor Who just… brilliant.
    9/10. Maybe 9.5… The best episode of the series so far in my opinion.

• Whovian

September 23rd, 2012 - 8:12pm

Who’s Adric?

• Whovian

September 23rd, 2012 - 8:04pm

What’s the point of being growwn up if you can’t be childish sometimes?

• Whovian

September 23rd, 2012 - 8:02pm

I am! And I agree with craig.

• Mr Evil Fez

September 23rd, 2012 - 7:59pm

Sorry!

• Mr Evil Fez

September 23rd, 2012 - 7:57pm

I didn’t.

• Whovian

September 23rd, 2012 - 7:56pm

You’ve just made an enemy. “big confusing speech” what are you talking about?!

• the astronaut of death

September 23rd, 2012 - 7:40pm

guys did any one see that new tardis wall in this ep i did not

• sheepinafez

September 23rd, 2012 - 7:31pm

i hope to see more of kate stewart

• Dalek Prime Minister

September 23rd, 2012 - 6:17pm

I meant the way Brian had the log, sorry

• Dalek Prime Minister

September 23rd, 2012 - 6:17pm

I thought it was great! It as fun and light hearted as there is a emotional scary episode next week! And it was mainly about the ponds, which was nice so we get to see a lot of them before they leave it was a nice second to last episode!

I really liked the way they put the month names up, like the barbecue one, it was nice and clever and didn’t stand out too much! I also liked the way Brian noticed Amy and Rory had been away from them having different clothes, as it shows that nobody notices they have gone normally and the was Brian had the log was so funny!

• The 14th Doctor

September 23rd, 2012 - 5:37pm

Maybe they went to get it back?

• Esterath

September 23rd, 2012 - 3:55pm

Hold the fort! Rory had his phone changer with him in the Henry VII segment! He must’ve forgot it! This episode must be set before A Town Called Mercy!

September 23rd, 2012 - 2:52pm

Matt smith is great he needs stronger stories and he will surpass tenant easily